Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Which of these on-line stores do you recommend?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • 99perfume.com (cologne-mens.com, cologne-no1.com, empireperfume.com, colognes.net, perfumeinc.com)

9 8.33%
  • Beautyencounter.com (also beautifulperfumes.com, perfumeshop.com, scentguru.com, classyperfumes.com)

22 20.37%
  • Beautyhabit.com

27 25.00%
  • Bigdiscount.com

18 16.67%
  • Fragrancenet.com

47 43.52%
  • Fragranceshop.com

2 1.85%
  • Fragrancex.com (also Extremeperfumes.com)

18 16.67%
  • ImaginationPerfumery.com

18 16.67%
  • Luckyscent.com

41 37.96%
  • Parfum1.com

14 12.96%
  • Parfumsraffy.com

16 14.81%
  • Perfume.com

10 9.26%
  • Perfumeemporium.com

8 7.41%
  • perfumeoutlet.com

0 0%
  • Perfumeshome.com

0 0%
  • Scentiments.com

39 36.11%
  • Scentmonkey.com

25 23.15%
  • Strawberrynet.com

7 6.48%
  • Venablesdiscountsales.com

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Next to the bottle of Van Winkle Special Reserve

Default Recommended on-line discount stores

Hi There – I’d like to get your vote so I can order the list of on-line stores I have at http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=207117

Please vote for the stores that you have used and would order from again. I have only listed discount stores. If I have left a store out, please post it, even if it has already been posted (so I can count multiple votes for it).

Thank you!

EDIT: see note below about the stores.
    Last edited by dpak; 11th July 2008 at 05:19 PM.

Default Re: Recommended on-line discount stores

I definitely wouldn't call some of these stores "discount." Lucky Scent is totally retail; some would say in fact, that sometimes their prices creep up even beyond retail. Beauty Habit and Perfumes Raffy are also not discount stores. Good long list, though!
    Last edited by Tonyprince; 11th July 2008 at 04:29 PM.

Blog Entries

Better option would be to have "best online retailers" and a separate "best online discounters".

There might be some overlap, but they're not mutually inclusive.

As Tonyprince points out, Lucky Scent, Beautyhabit, and Parfums Raffy are not discounters, but they do provide excellent service and excellent selections.

I'd also add The Perfumed Court to the list. Reviews of them would plant them in the middle of the road, customer service-wise, and they're definitely not discount. But they often have things you can't find anywhere else.
    Brent

Catherine Deneuve: "You should put scent where you like to be kissed."

yeah, i think you might want to redo it. luckyscent.com is great, but not a discount site. if they're on there with raffy, etc too, then places like lusciouscargo.com should be included as well from your other post
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

I actually look at Perfume Emporium and Fragrance X because of some discount codes but I like Pe best because of its ease of use and it also has reviews.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Thumbs up Re: Recommended on-line discount stores

I almost would do a write-in vote for Perfumedcourt. Because they decant.

Next to the bottle of Van Winkle Special Reserve

D'oh! I think what I'll do is post a poll of the non-discount stores in a week or so (and just ignore any votes for them here).

If you have any other stores to add to the non-discount list, please post them and I'll include them (up to 20, since that's the limit of the poll options).

Thanks for the input and suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by dpak View Post
    D'oh! I think what I'll do is post a poll of the non-discount stores in a week or so (and just ignore any votes for them here).

If you have any other stores to add to the non-discount list, please post them and I'll include them (up to 20, since that's the limit of the poll options).

Thanks for the input and suggestions!
    I'd emphatically recommend lusciouscargo.com
    Their packaging is incredible. I bought my big bottle of Tann Rokka from them and the box was stuffed with packaging paper shreds, tons of samples, ribbon, and it was loaded with real lavender so that whole box smelled fantastic. Oh, and she drove all the way to hand deliver it to me because it was back ordered from the Tann Rokka. (1+ hour )
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Sur la Plage

Luckily, I haven't had any problems with on-line retailers.

As for some of the sites listed that are not really "discount" retailers, I only try to order from them if I know I cannot find the item elsewhere for less money - plus I always try to see if they have any discount code/free shipping code to use.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I've really had good dealings with scentiments - they will find it for you if you really want something. "The Scent Guru" person is really helpful.

Beautyencounter used to be Perfumebay but had to change their name because of Ebay. I really like them - very good service - and nice people.

Fragrancenet.com has a fairly good selection. Never had any problems, and fast shipping -though I had heard of some problems with old juice from some people on the board, but for me it has been fine.

Only one that I did have problems with (that I have tried) is Perfume1.com. I had shipping problems with them twice, and the lady on the phone wasn't very pleasant.
    "Faites des bÍtises, mais faites les avec enthousiasme !" Colette

Here from Brazil,luckly I got only good services
    fragrancenet : nice package , everything was ok, good prices.
    perfumed court: ordered some decant from them, everything ok.

I like FragranceNet.com and 1stperfume.com . Very cheap and never failed me.

i used fragrancenet more than any other online retailer....have had repeated times gotten "old/spoiled" fragrances from them...but on average they are good.

beautyencounter is a better option.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

It's interesting how a retailer that has the best price on one fragrance will have the highest on another. I like that perfumeemporium has the mini message boards with reviews - and a lot of products. Beautyencounter and bigdiscount on average have the best prices. StrawberryNet has the widest variety of bath products, but the highest prices by far.

I almost shop exclusively at FragranceNet. They have a wonderful system of BillMeLater (which I pay off every month, no interest for 90 days). Helps me keep track of bills.

Selection is good but once or twice they didn't notify me that they were out of stock of something and shipped the order anyways. Only when I opened the box that I discover a notes that says, "oops no more left in our warehouse, refund issued". Eh, at least they refund but I wish they'd keep their stock up to date.

Does anyone have any experience with beautifulperfumes.com? Their prices look very good. And I see someone has recommended 1stperfumes.com, but I've read on other threads that they and perfumedistributors.com are to be avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with beautifulperfumes.com? Their prices look very good. And I see someone has recommended 1stperfumes.com, but I've read on other threads that they and perfumedistributors.com are to be avoided.
    Beautyencounter.com (also beautifulperfumes.com, perfumeshop.com, scentguru.com, classyperfumes.com) has received quite a few votes in the poll above. I have dealt with them a few times. My experience has always been positive.

I cannot speak from personal experience, but a number of Basenoters do not have good things to say about 1stperfumes and its many other names.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

I buy directly through Amazon themselves. There are other sellers on Amazon but I avoid them. Right now you save $10 instantly by typing in a code if you spend $59 or more through Amazon. You can even sign up for Amazon Prime for free 2-day shipping. Go to a search engine and type in "Amazon Prime."

I highly recommend perfumela.com. Their customer service has greatly improved since I first used them and their prices are really good.

Blog Entries

I posted on another thread last night. I just bought from beautyencounter.com a couple of weeks ago. I had done a couple of large purchases with them in the past 2-3 months, and everything went smoothly. This time, however, I was sent different products than what were described on the site. I opened a case with the customer service to schedule a return. The attitude of customer service during the whole ordeal was as if I am doing something wrong by wishing to return the products, and they need to "investigate" it. And I myself had to contact them back every couple of days to find out the status. Not even once during the whole time an apology was rendered.

All these retail websites are good if everything goes according to plan. The customer service comes into play only when there is an issue. I, for one, will not be shopping at beautyencounter.com anymore.
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

I highly recommend fragrancex.com for customers from allover the world (not just US).

They're probably the only one I know who does international shipping for free. And their prices are very competitive too. They canceled an order of mine once (their customer care is terrible, nobody knew why), but the money was refunded on the same day and I ordered it again successfully. If you're not in the US like me, it's a great option. If you're in the US, then you have plenty of other options which you should consider.

I did not vote for any of these suggested online discounters, because by now I only purchased from perfumedistributor.com and was very pleased with the price, the authenticity and the delivery conditions of the frags.

Ooooo, I like the new polls, colorful.....
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Parfums Raffy certainly has Montales discounted, though.