Code of Conduct

Thumbs up Another charming flea market find!

I am starting to get hooked on this flea market thing!
    Today whilst at another small flea market, my eye spied this beautiful (and very heavy!) perfume bottle with detailed enamel finish siting amongst chipped porcelain figurines and dirty old kitchen skillets. I opened it to have a sniff, but only realised when getting it home, that it is still 2/3 full with a very beautiful perfume oil!

I snatched it up for the bargain price of $5.00!

I wonder if anyone here knows anything about it? There are no markings on it whatsoever. If I had to describe the scent itself, I'd say it sits somewhere between Chanel Allure, and Lalique's Le Faune but with a distinct Eastern twist.

Default Re: Another charming flea market find!

Beautiful, and what an interesting problem to figure out what the oil is or even what time and place it may belong to. First guesses?

Indeed, strollyourlobster!

Perhaps its a mixed perfume decanted into an exquisite bottle (bought separately), or some release from a middle-eastern perfume company.
    As for the vintage... I dont think its particularly old at all... I really have no way of telling.
    Whatever the truth, its a cutie isn't it?
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 12th July 2008 at 01:20 PM.

I love bargains!

I was in a charity shop yesterday and aside from buying an as-new Ted Baker shirt for under a fiver, I espied in a cabinet by the till a well known logo.

It was a brand new and sealed box of L'Eau D'Hadrien by Anick Goutal for £1.99!!!

I bought it. I may just stick it on Ebay and make a few quid.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

By any chance, can you detect whether the perfume oil is made from synthetic or natural oils?
    A

Newbie discovering the wonderful world of perfume

Looking for; http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=210771
    and
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=214089

Thumbs up Re: Another charming flea market find!

At a church rumage sale. I came accross a bottle of Royal Coppenhagen. They only charged me $1.00.
    Almost full too.!!!!!!! Smelled fresh too. You got to love these sales.

Blog Entries

Good catch Dimitri! The bottle itself looks quite elegant to sell for 5 times what you paid. I would guess the oil is very good quality as well.
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Quote Originally Posted by mlt.perfume View Post
    By any chance, can you detect whether the perfume oil is made from synthetic or natural oils?
    Sadly no... but if I would hazard a guess, I'd say there's probably both. Some of the sweeter accords seem to be a bit synthetic, but somewhere down in the base, there are some rather organic 'gritty' earthy notes. Its actually quite difficult for me to tell exactly what it is Im smelling... Bergamot? Rose? Patchouli, Cedar, Amber, Tonka?
    But its anyone's guess.
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 12th July 2008 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    Sadly no... but if I would hazard a guess, I'd say there's probably both. Some of the sweeter accords seem to be a bit synthetic, but somewhere down in the base, there are some rather organic 'gritty' earthy notes. Its actually quite difficult for me to tell exactly what it is Im smelling... Bergamot? Rose? Patchouli, Cedar, Amber, Tonka?
    But its anyone's guess.
    You should try and dab a tiny bit of it

In any case, the bottle looks absolutely wonderful - congratulations on your find
    A

Newbie discovering the wonderful world of perfume

Looking for; http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=210771
    and
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=214089

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    I am starting to get hooked on this flea market thing!
    Today whilst at another small flea market, my eye spied this beautiful (and very heavy!) perfume bottle with detailed enamel finish siting amongst chipped porcelain figurines and dirty old kitchen skillets. I opened it to have a sniff, but only realised when getting it home, that it is still 2/3 full with a very beautiful perfume oil!

I snatched it up for the bargain price of $5.00!

I wonder if anyone here knows anything about it? There are no markings on it whatsoever. If I had to describe the scent itself, I'd say it sits somewhere between Chanel Allure, and Lalique's Le Faune but with a distinct Eastern twist.

You know, Dimitri what you need to do is to send it to me and let me check it out. I would definitely be able to tell you exactly what you have there.

Seriously though, way to go.
    Last edited by bbobkc; 13th July 2008 at 07:41 AM.
    I have read in Plato and Cicero sayings that are wise and very beautiful; but I have never read in either of them: Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden.'' --Saint Augustine

“Hastiness and superficiality are the psychic diseases of the twentieth century, and more than anywhere else this disease is reflected in the press.”--Alexander Solzhenitsyn

What a find. It's a beautiful bottle. Finding out that there is a beautiful perfume oil inside is icing on the cake.

Keep this up and I'll have to find a flea market in hopes of vintage 4711 and beautiful perfume bottle/oils.

Blog Entries

There might be some info on Cleopatra's Boudoir. The lady seems to be something of an expert on perfume bottle identification. She has pages all over eBay. I was able to identify a very old bottle (Baldwin Perfume Company) using her free pages and listings. And she has an appraisal service, too, for those hard cases!

I'll say it's beautiful. Great find!

Quote Originally Posted by mlt.perfume View Post
    You should try and dab a tiny bit of it
    I have worn a little of this yesterday on my inner arm. Seems a bit fortified, and a few drops lasted a good 8 or 9 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    There might be some info on Cleopatra's Boudoir.
    Strangely enough, I came across this site yesterday when attempting to google this bottle. If I cant find any answers here on BN I may take it to Cleopatra's Boudoir after all.
    Thanks for the tip