Code of Conduct

Default SotW July 5th-11th, 2008

Allez, allez its Stage 19 of Scent of the Week. Yes, I've been watching too much of the Tour de France this week so you're going to have to suffer through cycling metaphors for this installment. Let's see what made up the field for this week's stage.
    952 total posts down from 980 last week.
    612 different scents mentioned down from 618 the previous week.
    442 scents worn once for an individuality index of 46.4%. That is the highest weekly index yet and the first time we've cracked the 46% barrier. This is in comparison to last week's 438 and 44.7%. I'm still hoping for a 50% week somewhere before this is all through.
    Before we get to the general classification we need to take a look at the team standings. After suffering a setback in Stage 16 and 17 Creed surges back to its place near the top of the standings with increased wears up and down the line. There were even a few extra wears from some of the ladies this week. The other house to jump back to its usual higher levels was Frederic Malle Editions de Parfum. It didn't fall off the bike like Creed did but the house numbers were off and now this week they are back to its usual levels. Comme des Garcons is close to its usual overall number but if you look closely 75 % of the total 20 wears for the house come from two scents so there was not a lot of depth in the CDG line this week. Lastly from the big houses Calvin Klein saw a 50% jump fueled by the summer scents of CK One and Eternity getting some extra wears this week. Bvlgari had a slightly up week over its recent average this week with a lot of variety in the scents worn. The big winner this week on the house side was Tom Ford which saw an almost 100% increase in wears from its average.
    None of the big houses took big hits this week and the only significant drops were seen in Annick Goutal, which had its lowest level since the addition of the ladies, and Aramis.
    Now on to see who gets to wear the yellow jersey for the week. We had a tie this week between the longtime record holder and a brash newcomer who looked like it had hit the wall last week on the arduous L'Alpe du Scent only to come back this week. The wily veteran is Terre D'hermes and the newcomer is Comme des Garcons Monocle Scent One: Hinoki. Just when it looked like Hinoki was falling to earth it comes all the way back to hit #1. There was a four-way tie for third as the trailing pack was left behind on the last hairpin turn of this week's ascent. The trailing group had a couple of team members from Guerlain, Vetiver and L'instant pour Homme. They were joined by this week's most agressive rider Tom Ford for Men as by Monday night it looked like this one was going to run away and hide. Even after being overtaken this is still a stand-out week for the scent as its total this week is greater than the last six weeks combined. The last member of the trailing pack is Yves St. Laurent Kouros showing its warm weather staying power.
    A small group of two made up of another Guerlain, Habit Rouge, and the first of the Creeds Millesime Imperiale; trail the top 6. The remainder of the top 10 is in a group of four led by Tavorna's favorite scent, this week, Armani Mania. The rest of the group was Team Vetiver as Creed Original Vetiver, Frederic Malle Vetiver Extraordinaire, and Comme des Garcons Vettiveru finish the top 10.
    So with the yellow jersey being sponsored by Basenotes and lovely French models on hand to kiss the winners on both cheeks here is week #19's standings:
    SotW July 5th-11th 2008
    1.) Comme des Garcons Monocle Scent One: Hinoki 9 wears (0.9%)
    1.) Hermes Terre D'Hermes 9 wears (0.9%)
    3.) Guerlain L'Instant pour Homme 8 wears (0.8%)
    3.) Guerlain Vetiver 8 wears (0.8%)
    3.) Tom Ford for Men 8 wears (0.8%)
    3.) Yves St. Laurent Kouros 8 wears (0.8%)
    7.) Creed Millesime Imperiale 7 wears (0.7%)
    7.) Guerlain Habit Rouge 7 wears (0.7%)
    9.) Armani Mania 6 wears (0.6%)
    9.) Comme des Garcons Vettiveru 6 wears (0.6%)
    9.) Creed Original Vetiver 6 wears (0.6%)
    9.) Frederic Malle Vetiver Extraordinaire 6 wears (0.6%)
    One note on the percentage numbers for the top 10, this is the first week that the number one scent did not garner at least one percent of the total wears. This probably makes sense as when there is more diversity then the bigger numbers have to drift downward to compensate.
    Finally a very large peloton of twelve scents just missed out on being in the lead group by one wear. This group has some regular riders in it in Guerlain Heritage, Thierry Mugler Cologne, Yves St. Laurent Rive Gauche pour Homme ( plastic surgeons are thankful they have fewer bite marks to fix this week), and Tauer L'Air du Desert Marocain. Two female-centric scents in NanadeBary Green which did not get all of its wears from Quarry and Estee Lauder Sensuous. Montale Red Vetyver makes its debut near the top 10 along with Amouage Jubilation XXV. The remining four scents have been buzzing around the leaders for awhile and haven't quite made their breakthrough, yet. This group is Bvlgari Aqua pour Homme, Frederic Malle French Lover, Chanel Allure Homme Blanche, and Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta ( which continues to win the AdP Colonia battle week after week).
    Join us next week as our highly fragrant field heads toward Stage 20.
    Until then you keep wearing 'em and I'll keep counting 'em.
    Have a well-fragranced week.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Default Re: SotW July 5th-11th, 2008

Great work SMM .
    I wonder ho many are discontinued frags ?
    Only kidding ....
    cheers.

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Blog Entries

Thanks for your continued efforts in this rally, SMM.

I read these posts each week/month and find it quite interesting. Your position as team statistician is secure!
    Brent

Catherine Deneuve: "You should put scent where you like to be kissed."

You have proven to be very agile, I keep jumping out in front of your bike - you've swerved but haven't broken stride.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Totally awesome stats work, dude! Keep it comin'!
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    You have proven to be very agile, I keep jumping out in front of your bike - you've swerved but haven't broken stride.
    So YOU'RE that friendly Ohio canine who put me in the hospital!

Again, great work, Metro-Man. And a call of arms to my fellow lovers of Bulgari Aqua - let's splash into the top 10 while the summer heat is still going strong!

PS - French models? Oui, oui, oui! They're not just for heads of state, you know. Two words: IMG code!