Code of Conduct

Default Gift suggestions

My wife is due with out second child in 2 weeks. I'd like to give her a gift from me/my daugter and have been thinking about several fragrances. She doesn't have the most sensitive nose and doesn't wear anything very often. Last year I brought her Nanadebary Green which she and I both really like (but she tends to only wear on special occasions). I was thinking of FM En Passant or Lys Mediterranee. Would love suggestions ...

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Gift suggestions

Here's something I've been adoring for the summer: La Rose du Petit Prince. See it/shop for it here.

Originally Le Petit Prince was created as a child's fragrance. The second fragrance in the line, La Rose du Petit Prince, is even more successful. Read the overwhelmingly positive reviews here.

What's extra special about this fragrance for this occasion is that your daughter could share this perfume with her mom.

Best wishes for much health and happiness, doc.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Sur la Plage

Congratulations!

Philosophy makes a fragrance called "Baby Grace" - it's a light, clean scent.

They have a pampering set for new moms:

http://www.philosophy.com/web/store/...31_30502_25773
    Last edited by petruccijc; 15th July 2008 at 01:07 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

It seems to me that, for your wife, fragrance is just not that significant. She only wears Nan Green every once in a while and doesn't have a sensitive nose. Why not celebrate with something that she truly loves, whatever that might be? Jewelry, spa day, whatever she enjoys the most. Good luck!

Since this will be your second child, why not choose a scent with that same theme...

Stella McCartney's "Stella in Two - Amber & Peony"
    L'Artisan's "Tea for Two"
    or
    Ted Baker's "Second Scent" (I haven't tried this one, but it's a floral with a vanilla, sandalwood, musk base and it's inexpensive on-line!)

I also LOVE petruccijc's suggestion for the Philosophy frag!

How thoughtful of you to honor your wife ~ good man!!! Best wishes, and please keep us posted!

Therese, you make a good point. She really liked the Nan green but that might be enough for her. Thanks everyone for the great ideas and support.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Therese View Post
    It seems to me that, for your wife, fragrance is just not that significant... Why not celebrate with something that she truly loves, whatever that might be?
    You are so wise, oh, fragrant one.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Yes, sometimes when we love someone so, we want them to love what we love. I truly wish that my husband could appreciate the incredible, transcendent poetry of L'Heure Bleu extrait on my skin. He can't. He is able to take pleasure in watching me enter a Guerlain boutique and get teary eyed, but the pleasure is not and will never be his own.

Many congrats nycmd.

Have you considered one of these beautiful Penhaligon's perfume solids?

http://www.penhaligons.co.uk/shop/fr...ct-511194.html

You can have the back engraved with a special message to commemorate the birth of your second child. long after the solid has been used, it will become a keepsake and an heirloom.