Code of Conduct

Default Please help me to chose! (JAIPUR, DIRTY ENGLISH & BOUCHERON PH)

These are the last three that were left in my last wish list... and now I should decide for only one...

What Im looking is basically something that grabs the attention (I have many subtle scents)...

Which one would you recommend? And why?

Thanks in advance basenoters!!!

Default Re: Please help me to chose! (JAIPUR, DIRTY ENGLISH & BOUCHERON PH)

Jaipur Homme - because it is the least subtle of the three.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Blog Entries

Jaipur Homme- the EDP version. It does have a bit of a barber shop smell- but its not subtle by any means. Boucheron is really good too, but could smell a bit pungent. Dirty English doesn't smell unique. There are too many out there that have a similar dry down (much better than Dirty English).
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

One more here for Jaipur Homme!

Jaipur EDP is the best of the 3 IMO. But, Dirty English is really a great fragrance also. Go test them out and give each scent a week (get samples if possible) to see which you feel you will get more use out of at the moment, then later on get the other.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    Jaipur Homme - because it is the least subtle of the three.
    Quote Originally Posted by mudassir View Post
    Jaipur Homme- the EDP version. It does have a bit of a barber shop smell- but its not subtle by any means. Boucheron is really good too, but could smell a bit pungent. Dirty English doesn't smell unique. There are too many out there that have a similar dry down (much better than Dirty English).
    Jaipur Homme EDP

I agree 100% with what the comments/observations that these fine gentlemen have already said.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 14th July 2008 at 08:25 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I don't rate Jaipur Homme at all.

I would go for Dirty English, yes there are other frags with a similar drydown (Gucci Homme II for one), but what it does it does very well indeed. That opening alone is worth the launch of a thousand ships.

I've just bought it because I really, really like it. Oh and women like it too, which is always a bonus as far as I'm concerned. Particularly as I'm newly single too!
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

summer means fireflys

Jaipur Homme! Every man needs this ... seriously.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Jaipur Homme EDP

always in my top 5
    Be who you are and say what you feel, cause those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind

Jaipur - really either the EdP or EdT will do, though the EdP has more oooomph to it.

Why not the other? Boucheron is a classic, but not necessarily great for casual wear as it can be harsh, especially at first. I like Dirty English - it's primarily a pepper and wood fragrance, but it's nowhere near as interesting and versatile as Jaipur.

I imagine this picture when I think of Jaipur. I also like this review by ' wedge '

"My words cannot do justice to this masterpiece of the perfumer's art. A modern interpretation of the classic orientals, and will become a classic itself. The Eau de Parfum version smooths out the ripples of spicy cinnamon with a rich and creamy vanilla. A sophisticated amalgamation of warm notes which enfolds you in its aura."

Jaipur EDP

Morning Star

Quote Originally Posted by mudassir View Post
    Out of these three, I own Boucheron Pour Homme and have several samples of Dirty English that I use now and then. Boucheron is a classic fragrance, lots of lemon in the top note, which I like. But mudassir is right. There is a slight pungency and sourness present too, which for me appears soon after the top notes come off. I would try it first, since it might agree with your chemistry more. I actually wish I had bought Jaipur Homme instead; it has a fresher, less heavy feel to it. I also think Jaipur Homme is not as restricted to formal occasions as is Boucheron Pour Homme.

I'm not a big fan of Dirty English, and will probably not replace my samples with full bottles. I have been complemented on it once, but I just don't enjoy the smell. It's neither fresh nor classy, and it very slightly makes me want to take a shower. That's not much of an endorsement, eh?

Thumbs up Re: Please help me to chose! (JAIPUR, DIRTY ENGLISH & BOUCHERON PH)

1.Boucheron Pour Homme
    2.Jaipur

It's between those 2. Boucheron's #1 I think.

I have had Boucheron and you can get it cheaper than at Macy's. Jaipuir was too vanilla on me, and I tend to shy away from those. I have Dirty English right now, and it is liked by my daughter and wife, but I may sell it soon. Or keep it for when we run to the mall, go to dinner, things like that.