Code of Conduct

Thread: Givenchy III

Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Default Givenchy III

A big !hollah! to the ladies of BN!

I am wondering if any of you can give me an idea about Givenchy III... what's it like? Do any of you own or wear it, and - more importantly, does anyone know where I can find an original bottle of any size (besides on ebay)?

My father and step-mother are visiting us from Athens next month, and I would like to try and get my hands on some (stepmum once told me it is her absolute fave, and has never found nor worn it since the late 80s)! Id love to make a surprise for her.

Here's a pic of the old, original bottle (preferred),

...and here's a pic of the reformulated re-release.

Have any of you had the chance to compare the old and the new back to back?

Any help or advice is mucho appreciado.

Default Re: Givenchy III

I can't dissect them, because I only have the new one, but if you do some research you will see that the new and the old are often favorably compared.

It is nearly impossible to find the older version outside of eBay.

I've been wearing the new formula for the past year and it has become one of my favorites. It's very much in the manner of Miss Dior, with the soft rose/iris of Chanel No. 19. Overall, III is a muted chypre scent that doesn't contain the sharpness of many green scents. Everything is done in very soft focus and notes are draped over one another rather than cut into acute angles. It has just the right balance of greenery and sweetness and no one note presents assertively. Although the term "soapy" is often applied to greens, it isn't the case with III. The classic chypre base is muted into a suede, rather than having the shagginess that some chypre bases contain.

Post Thanks / Like

Hola to you too, Dimi! First of, thanks for starting this which led to the nicest of reviews of Givenchy III, good job Orion!

Fear not, the old and the new are about the same. My old sample's top is starting to swim, and it smells more concentrated. Rather than that, they are very very very similar!

Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Great!
    Thanks very much ladies for the responses... I am delighted to know theres not much between the old and the new
    Im sure stepmum will be chuffed with her bottle. Now all I have to do is find one! haha