Code of Conduct

Blog Entries

Question Fierce - Claiborne? Faked?

Hi all

This will be very old to the US 'Noters but I have just received my first bottle of this today. Does anyone else think this smells like a Claiborne? Curve but muted?

I cannot believe this retails here for £50 ($98) for 50ml. Shocking! Don't get me wrong its very pleasent and I really like Claiborne scents (well they are somewhat "niche" over here as they withdrew from the UK years ago).

It also crossed my mind tht it could be a fake but its exactly like the ones in the pic. Would they bother faking this?

Any thoughts would be welcomed!
    Last edited by CoL; 15th July 2008 at 09:58 AM. Reason: spelling

Default Re: Fierce - Claiborne? Faked?

Col - you may have a fake for Fierce smells nothing like any Claiborne scents which much too bold. I use to love the stuff for its power and aura it creates but now when you go into any mall which a A&F resides all you have do is follow your nose to the store.

Its a down right obnoxious scent of citrus and woods the only thing which I think is close to it Dolce & Gabbana.

Quote Originally Posted by CoL View Post
    Hi all

This will be very old to the US 'Noters but I have just received my first bottle of this today. Does anyone else think this smells like a Claiborne? Curve but muted?

I cannot believe this retails here for £50 ($98) for 50ml. Shocking! Don't get me wrong its very pleasent and I really like Claiborne scents (well they are somewhat "niche" over here as they withdrew from the UK years ago).

It also crossed my mind tht it could be a fake but its exactly like the ones in the pic. Would they bother faking this?

Any thoughts would be welcomed!
    Woahh $98 for FIERCE ? It used to retail for $32 for the 50ml when it was 1st released, now it's up at $50..and I have to agree, I think FIERCE is closer to a very muted down Platinum Egoiste for the woods in the scent but a sharper note of something else to make it grab your attention when you 1st smell it.

Could you post a pic ? Is it the new bottle with the chrome cap that u have to twist on so it locks in ?

Blog Entries

It doesnt twist to lock, I had noticed that it didnt have this but everything else seems the same. Now that I have had it on for a few hours its really changing! For the better too!

See pic attached!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CoL; 15th July 2008 at 01:52 PM.

Thats the old bottle and box from when it was introduced in '02.

It could be a little dated since I noticed the stuff I used to have seemed to 'spoil' a little and it didn't have the same kick as it did when I first bought it.

The 1st issue of the cologne is the box and bottle you have ('02-'04).
    The 2nd issue, they made the box a darker shade of red and the caps became a twist on that locks in ('05- mid '07).
    Finally, they changed the box to Grey and the sticker on the bottle also changed along with the print on the bottle (late '07-now).

Blog Entries

Ah, thanks for that! The box was sealed with a little round clear sticker at either end so I would imagine its still pretty good.

I took some pics.. lol

If it was sealed, then I'm sure it's still good

Blog Entries

Thanks for that! Yup mines real alright. Has the same price label (partially removed) and is the same as the bottle on the right inyour last pic.

Its growing on me thats for sure!

To my nose, Canali Men smells a lot like Fierce.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Nicee, you got the ' vintage' FIERCE lol

... I think I'll stick with my 2, 8oz bottles of FIERCE room spray though lol

Quote Originally Posted by 1280adam View Post
    Nicee, you got the ' vintage' FIERCE lol

... I think I'll stick with my 2, 8oz bottles of FIERCE room spray though lol

Are your jeans on sale today, and where's the Orange Julius at? hehehehee
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Fierce should smell exactly like a much stronger version of original Curve, with about 20% Platinum Egoiste mixed in, and stronger and longer lasting than either one. If it's weaker than OG Curve, you been had Col.
    Currently wearing: Royal Mayfair by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by 1280adam View Post
    Thats the old bottle and box from when it was introduced in '02.

Finally, they changed the box to Grey and the sticker on the bottle also changed along with the print on the bottle (late '07-now).
    On the room spray, the new bottles look like this ?
    Currently wearing: Royal Mayfair by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    On the room spray, the new bottles look like this ?
    Yes, those are the new ones they use in the stores. The ones I have are from last summer when I worked there.