Code of Conduct

Question Where can I buy Chergui in the US?

I did a thread search but to no avail.
    Does anyone know where I could buy a bottle of Chergui in the US? Barneys doesn't have it on their site and Luckyscent said it's not available to them (they thought it's either a Barney's exclusive or not available in the states yet).

Any ideas?
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Default Re: Where can I buy Chergui in the US?

It was part of the Export Line as a limited edition but I think it's sold out. So I guess you'll have to get lucky on eBay or try to get a bell jar from France.

Someone has a bottle for sale at Scentsplits (first post): http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/sales-page

You can also try Ebay or do the whole friend helps you out in Europe thing. It's part of the exclusive non-export line, but was a limited edition for a short period of time. SL does this once a year.

You can also contact theperfumeshoppe and other niche boutiques which might have a bottle from older stock laying around. You could find it there. Also, TPC sells one ounces in bell jars....etc...

http://www.theperfumeshoppe.com/scri...?idproduct=398

Best of Luck!
    Last edited by nsamadi; 15th July 2008 at 07:46 PM.

Sur la Plage

Did you call a Barneys store? I sampled it in their Las Vegas store several months ago.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    I did a thread search but to no avail.
    Does anyone know where I could buy a bottle of Chergui in the US? Barneys doesn't have it on their site and Luckyscent said it's not available to them (they thought it's either a Barney's exclusive or not available in the states yet).

Any ideas?
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=199681

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=201233

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=194254

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=189493

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=185206
    Last edited by Dane; 15th July 2008 at 08:02 PM.

Call Barneys. I bought Fumerie Turque from their Las Vegas shop a few months ago and they certainly had Chergui for sale at that time.
    Heard melodies are sweet, but those unheard are sweeter. (Keats)

Grant just needs to organize a expedition to *#&$@ Paris for Basenoters. Can't you just see us all storming the Salons du Palais Royal?? We would totally ransack their entire inventory.

There was a tester of Chergui in the Boston Barney's just this past Saturday. Whether there is still a bottle available that is the question.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Good call I called three different Barneys and Vegas was the one that had it. I got bounced from counter person to counter person until they gave me to a Serge Lutens business manager that said she had 3 left and said she wasn't sure if they'd be able to get more since it was supposed to be exclusive to the Paris store. Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Did you call a Barneys store? I sampled it in their Las Vegas store several months ago.
    Update on that... I'm clearly a product of "gratification now." I had them hold it til I got paid just to make myself feel better about buying it when a bottle of By Kilian was on the horizon. 3 minutes off the phone and I changed my mind to put it on a CC. The Lutens vendor had left for the day right after we got off the phone (5pm in Vegas) so I spoke with another woman in the department. She was incredibly helpful and when I asked her if she had the same access to the Lutens samples as the vendor did, she said "Sweetie, I'm going to take care of you. Don't you worry." She said she'd put a few of her favorites on men as well as ask some people in the department their thoughts. On top of that, she said she'd toss in some facial and shaving products.

Stay tuned on how it turns out when it arrives, but so far I couldn't be more impressed with Barneys individual store service. If everything is super, I'll post here and you can PM me for her info for great service and (hopefully) great sample extras.

(and btw.. she said different Barneys have different exclusives. I asked about MKK and she said that store didn't have it but others very well might have a couple)
    Last edited by jrd4t; 16th July 2008 at 12:31 AM.

Sur la Plage

Good call I called three different Barneys and Vegas was the one that had it. I got bounced from counter person to counter person until they gave me to a Serge Lutens business manager that said she had 3 left and said she wasn't sure if they'd be able to get more since it was supposed to be exclusive to the Paris store. Thanks for the heads up!

Update on that... I'm clearly a product of "gratification now." I had them hold it til I got paid just to make myself feel better about buying it when a bottle of By Kilian was on the horizon. 3 minutes off the phone and I changed my mind to put it on a CC. The Lutens vendor had left for the day right after we got off the phone (5pm in Vegas) so I spoke with another woman in the department. She was incredibly helpful and when I asked her if she had the same access to the Lutens samples as the vendor did, she said "Sweetie, I'm going to take care of you. Don't you worry." She said she'd put a few of her favorites on men as well as ask some people in the department their thoughts. On top of that, she said she'd toss in some facial and shaving products.

Stay tuned on how it turns out when it arrives, but so far I couldn't be more impressed with Barneys individual store service. If everything is super, I'll post here and you can PM me for her info for great service and (hopefully) great sample extras.

(and btw.. she said different Barneys have different exclusives. I asked about MKK and she said that store didn't have it but others very well might have a couple)
    Great news! I am glad it seemed to work out for you. Sorry I did not have the person's name who I dealt with earlier - but it was Ruth (the Cosmetics Manager). Not sure if that who you ending up talking to, but she was extremely helpful to me when I was at the store. We chatted and sampled fragrances for several hours.

Let us know how it turns out.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I know for me the SA's in the Boston Barney's are the best I've dealt with by a large margin. So it is nice to hear the same holds true at other Barney's too.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Talking of Chergui, where can it be bought in the UK? Is there anywhere online or in London that sells it?

Quote Originally Posted by sburton84 View Post
    Talking of Chergui, where can it be bought in the UK? Is there anywhere online or in London that sells it?
    You can order directly from the Salons-Shiseido.com website and have it shipped to you there

Basenotes Institution

Update: Luckyscent has it in stock now. Wow! Link here: http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/detail.asp?itemid=36123

I emailed SL Paris some time back. They told me my "local supplier" (in my case, Barneys) woul have it in Dec.

I was reading a different blog just now, and somebody at the Sniffa event bought Chergui at BG in New York.

Quote Originally Posted by arwen_elf View Post
    I was reading a different blog just now, and somebody at the Sniffa event bought Chergui at BG in New York.
    The Chergui that people are buying up to this point are the 50ml "exclusive" versions. What's coming out in December is the "regular line" version. e.g... the bottle I bought from Barney's in Vegas a couple months ago is the exclusive version with black label and retailed for $140. The bottles now on Luckyscent's site are the regular line white label and retail for $120. The stock with the black labels are just leftover from when they imported the Paris exclusive line and the new white labeled ones are now that they've been welcomed to the export line permanently. Hope that helps!
    Last edited by jrd4t; 29th October 2008 at 08:16 PM.

Luckyscent just sent out an email about this. It pictures Serge Noir and Chergui - Chergui having a white label, and so.. it shall be part of the export line forever? It's the same juice, no?

The Chergui that people are buying up to this point are the 50ml "exclusive" versions. What's coming out in December is the "regular line" version. e.g... the bottle I bought from Barney's in Vegas a couple months ago is the exclusive version with black label and retailed for $140. The bottles now on Luckyscent's site are the regular line white label and retail for $120. The stock with the black labels are just leftover from when they imported the Paris exclusive line and the new white labeled ones are now that they've been welcomed to the export line permanently. Hope that helps!

Oh, I guess I was mistaken about the black labels. I thought they meant a higher concentration.

Quote Originally Posted by arwen_elf View Post
    Oh, I guess I was mistaken about the black labels. I thought they meant a higher concentration.
    No, I still think you're right. Diam Blond, Cedre, Chypre Rouge, Louve and Serge Noire are all black labels in the export lineup. These five also have a higher price tag (US$140 vs $120) likely due to the higher concentration.

If Chergui has been demoted from black label to beige label then I would suspect a concentration reduction. Pity I have not had the opportunity to try it yet, in any concentration.

I thought it just denoted the ones which were Paris exclusives. I can't tell any difference in perfume concentration between beige and black labels of his. They are all usually really powerful.

LuckyScent just picked it up in the past few days and currently have it available in the 50 ml...