Code of Conduct

Default Stocking up perfume

I'm stocking up some scents. Right now i have 750 ml's of Caron Puh, 400 ml of Azzaro PH, and 250 ml of Vintage Tabarome. My next plan was to get a litre bottle of knize ten with a refillable 100ml bottle. It costs 265 euros here in the Netherlands. I have a feeling my wardrobe is getting "complete"

The problem is: How long does this last when stored properly? When i get a wine cooler next year, and put them in the perfect environment (dark, low humidity, 11 - 14 degrees celcius), how long can i expect it to last?

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Default Re: Stocking up perfume

Quote Originally Posted by InconcievableZen View Post
    When i get a wine cooler next year, and put them in the perfect environment (dark, low humidity, 11 - 14 degrees celcius), how long can i expect it to last?

Isn't it typical of wine coolers to have relatively high humidity to prevent the 'real' corks from drying out and shrinking, thus allowing oxidizing air to enter the bottle and/or wine to leak out? Not that high humidity would be bad for storing frags (paper labels or boxes maybe yes) but am I wrong about the high humidity environment in wine coolers?
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

a couple of decades... though I am not sure about creed. With the number of bottles, decants, samples I have, I do not see the point of stocking up unless it is a vintage bottle. My rotation is so big that I rearely finish a 10 ml. decant. I've been on this maybe for a year and I am nowhere near to finish a bottle.
    Last edited by irish; 15th July 2008 at 10:24 PM.

I think the biggest thing is variable. Different scents will last longer. I had someone tell me he left a bottle of hugo from 10+ years ago in a backpack he used to go to school with and left it in a hot and humid garage during that time, found it later and it still smelled brand new. So I think the biggest thing is that different scents will last longer...other than that im praying my collection will last 10 years in good condition
    Last edited by s0me0nesmind1; 15th July 2008 at 10:27 PM.

Another thing I'd say is how much you value top notes. If you are like me, and try to get rid of the top notes as quickly as possible, the frags should last a lot longer. Also, I've heard citrus-dominated frags will not last as long, and should be kept a bit cool.