Code of Conduct

Default L'Occitane Cade - If only...

...this was an EdT instead of After Shave. For the moments it lasts, I'm engulfed in a dark forest surrounded by in piles of nuts. Warm and distinct nuts, burning in a campfire perhaps. In 30 minutes, it's all gone. Sigh....
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Sur la Plage

Default Re: L'Occitane Cade - If only...

I have always wondered myself why they don't have an EDT version of Cade. I would buy it in a heartbeat since I love all of the other Cade products.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I'm puzzled about this issue too.
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 16th July 2008 at 09:20 AM.

Funny...I just asked a salesperson that same question. Nobody seems to know why.

I love the Cade shaving cream, and I love that it comes in an old-school tube. I've been wanting to explore the l'Occitane fragrances for a while... one of these days.

The Cade anti-dandruff shampoo smells a bit like Dunhill Edition.

Ged
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

Resurrecting this old thread. I agree, an Edt or even EdC version of Cade would be terrific. I am wearing the aftershave today as my scent of the day. If you let a little soak into your shirt, it lasts for a few hours. What a wonderful scent.

Unfortunately, the aftershave splash has been discontinued now. So it's down to the shower gel, shave soap, and a/s balm for a few fleeting moments of this fragrance. Great stuff.

Regards,
    T

My Wardrobe:
    Yves St. Laurent Live Jazz
    Comme des Garcons Vettiveru
    Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Comme des Garcons 2 Man

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I have always wondered myself why they don't have an EDT version of Cade. I would buy it in a heartbeat since I love all of the other Cade products.
    I got the Shower Gel this weekend, and I agree with you Joe, this stuff rocks and would make a great scent. There is a resinous woody aspect of it that slightly resembles sandalwood for a few seconds, before it becomes very juniper prominent. I am in love with it.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I got the Shower Gel this weekend, and I agree with you Joe, this stuff rocks and would make a great scent. There is a resinous woody aspect of it that slightly resembles sandalwood for a few seconds, before it becomes very juniper prominent. I am in love with it.
    Oh, Mike, thanks for your thoughts on this shower gel. I was looking at it for a Christmas present for a relative, but having never tried it, I was a little curious. Now I can check one gift off the list - L'Occitane comes through

Basenotes Institution

Is there still an After Shave Balm in production?

-- Jack Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Is there still an After Shave Balm in production?
    .......I stopped by their shop the other day and did see an after shave with "Cade" on it. The nice SA let me smell the shower gel. I asked about an edt, she politely said unfortunately they stopped making it.

BNers have really put my interest in L'Occitane. Thanks !
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

The deodorant and aftershave balm of the the Eau des Baux are also excellent!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

The EDT appeared years back but had a short run in the US and if one didn't get it back then, you were out of luck.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by wanderSIN View Post
    Ha. Seems to be easily available in Germany then!!

Basenotes Plus

When I was at the boutique a few weeks ago the sales associate said they were going to be releasing an edt version of Cade in the near future. He could not tell me exactly when though.

Basenotes Institution

Oh wow - fantastic news, if it's true KBF1972!

-- Jack Kerouac

Supposedly this is being re-released on the 27th of May (two weeks from today) here in Canada? I'm going to head down to the shop on my day off and question them further, but if this really is the case then this is wonderful news indeed!