Code of Conduct

Thread: Vero Profumo

Default Vero Profumo

This interview series http://www.basenotes.net/interviews/...centtrek6.html inspired me to order samples from Vero Profumo. Any Nose choosing Germaine Céllier as "the Nose I would like to meet" is bound to be interesting!

After receiving my sample order, Vero Kern herself sent me a lovely e-mail, and the samples which arrived today are the most impressing scents I have smelled for some time. They are very potent indeed. I did as Vero Kern adviced me to do: spritzed them on paper strips first, but will give them a skin test later.

On the first (paper) round Onda is the one that knocked me out! This is the most raw and uncompromising vetiver note I've ever run into.

Kiki combines the most gorgeous lavender note with luxurious gourmand notes.

Rubj remains a mystery on paper, can't say anything before testing it on my skin except that it's rather floral.

Has anyone tried these scents and if you have, what did you think? Looking forward to reading your impressions.

More info and samples available at http://www.veroprofumo.com/
    Last edited by tigrushka; 16th July 2008 at 09:29 AM. Reason: typo
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: Vero Profumo

I received two samples of her line from one of our own lovely gentlemen, Onda and Rubj. I loved Onda, exactly because it is a raw vétiver, so very similar to the pure ingredient which I discovered lately (let's say I normally loathe vétiver when it is mixed with certain other notes as in classic scents, like Guerlain's Vétiver, fo instance). I agree with those comparing it to Djedi, they have a similar vibe indeed, but Djedi wouldn't open its heart to me and continues to transmit a very sad and gloomy feeling.
    On the other hand, Onda makes me smile - to my nose, it is a perfect marriage between rooty, true-to-nature vétiver and leathery notes.
    As far as I remember, Rubj is floral based on orange blossom? I gave it only one try...I'll re-sniff.

I think Mrs. Kern is a very talented perfumer.....I am looking forward to seeing her perfumes marketed over here. Then I will be buying her Onda, for sure....for the time being, I am not risking confiscation at the border
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Many thanks for sharing your thoughts, LiB!

After testing the trio on skin Onda remains the favourite, it makes my heart sing and went straight to my wishlist!

Kiki is delicious, it reminds me both of Angel and A*Men, bu especially the latter because of the lavender note. Could be tempted...

Rubj just isn't me.

Hello, Tigs, LIB !

I so admire Vero...she is a wonderful woman, so talented.
    Onda I adore, Kiki I adore, and Rubj- I love to sniff, but can't wear.

Interestingly, it's Rubj that many folk rave about !
    Kiki is the easiest to wear- if that makes sense; flirtacious, warm, friendly.
    Onda can challenge many- but I find it soulful.

Gave Kiki a full wear today and like it very much. It is not as unique a scent as Onda, but I like the way the lavender note stays on and on and on, keeping it from going too sweet.

Vero is very talented and heartful woman, and her perfumes are great and has a character.
    I like her Onda and wear it for vetiver-leather barbarian quality. I`d gonna buy it later.
    I could understand that Rubj is adored by women, but cannot wear. Too feminine for my palates.
    As for Kiki - I like this lavender, it`s second my favourite Jicky in some way...
    Vetiver The Great!!!

I re-tested Rubj and got my first impression confirmed. It is orange blossom laden and, although it is masterfully composed, it is just not me, so this woman doesn't adore it at all, moon_fish

It is the same with SL Fleurs d'Oranger .... it is adored by the majority, but I cannot stand it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

Now that I wear Kiki second day in a row I find I love it more and more. It's gourmand, it's animalic, but the lavender stays true blue all along, giving it a fresh, crisp, clean quality.

Though the scent is named after Kiki de Montparnasse, it reminds me of Brassaď's famous photo of Conchita, an exotic dancer with kiss curls on her forehead and wearing a sailor's blouse. I will not post it here, but you can follow this link to see it: http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/5111248

Basenotes Plus

I recently corresponded with Vero. She is going to be selling her fragrances in LA this September. No details yet but when I hear anything, I'll keep y'all posted.
    My two favorites are Kiki & Onda. However, I've only tried Kiki on my skin & sniffed Onda. It's just all of the notes in Onda are ones I love. I just have to wrangle a sample of it, so I can confirm it's divine lovelyness.
    Vero's a gem, that's for sure!
    Last edited by RHM; 1st October 2008 at 02:21 PM.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Basenotes Institution

Luckyscent has these now.

I'm interested in smelling these - Onda sounds wonderful.

Helg @ Perfume Shrine interviewed Vero last year, where she mentioned her inspiration behind Onda:

'...The original idea was to create a leathery Vetiver surrounded by flowery and chypre notes and I had a fantasy like this going with:
    Isabella Rossellini as mystery Dorothy Vallens, wearing this beautiful blue velvet gown, and Johhny Depp as Ed Wood wearing Glenda’s {from the character "Glen or Glenda" film by Ed Wood}sexy glamorous white-haired wig, dancing together a very slow Tango Argentino at Manhattan Roseland Ballroom.{she laughs at the image}
    A divine picture, but unfortunately the material didn’t match with. LOL… I had to find some other lines… and so on...'

Read the whole interview here.

Basenotes Plus

Mike beat me to it & YES! Vero's perfumes are at Luckyscent!
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme