Code of Conduct

Default Long lived scents

I've been wearing Givenchy Gentleman for the last 20 years and decided I needed a change so I've been looking for a new signature scent but I'm having trouble finding scents which last on me. So far the only ones I've found with the longevity I'm looking for are Black Aoud and Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille. I'm tempted to just go with the Black Aoud which I like a lot but I thought I'd ask if anybody had other suggestions for strong scents with real staying power.

Default Re: Long lived scents

Quote Originally Posted by trewornan View Post
    I've been wearing Givenchy Gentleman for the last 20 years and decided I needed a change so I've been looking for a new signature scent but I'm having trouble finding scents which last on me. So far the only ones I've found with the longevity I'm looking for are Black Aoud and Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille. I'm tempted to just go with the Black Aoud which I like a lot but I thought I'd ask if anybody had other suggestions for strong scents with real staying power.

I have trouble getting scents to last on me also. Black Aoud works well though and I'll give you a short list of some others. Tobacco Vanille is nice but poor longevity for me.

Sliver Aoud by Montale - This sucker has amazing logevity and sillage.
    Red Vetyver by Montale - another amazing one by Montale
    New Haarlem by Bond #9 - This would make a great signature scent
    Eau Noire by Dior
    Fougere Bengale by Parfume d'Empire
    Black Tourmaline by Oliver Durbano

Thanks for the suggestions - I'll look into them. I've got to say though, I'm very surprised at what you say about Tobacco Vanille, it lasts very well when I wear it . . . a good 12 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by trewornan View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions - I'll look into them. I've got to say though, I'm very surprised at what you say about Tobacco Vanille, it lasts very well when I wear it . . . a good 12 hours.
    That's the problem with looking for scents - there's only one way to know for sure - sample on yourself. The ones I mentioned work for me and may not work for you.

Smile Re: Long lived scents

YSL M7
    Guerlain L'Instant EDP

.................................................. ...................I'm gonna memorize your name.. and then i'm gonna throw my head away!!........:bounce:.............

Sur la Plage

Annick Goutal Sables is one of my favorites, and lasts a long, long time. I don't know though that I would wear it all of the time as my signature scent.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Annick Goutal Sables is one of my favorites, and lasts a long, long time. I don't know though that I would wear it all of the time as my signature scent.
    I recently just discovered Sables as you well know. Personally I think there should be a spot on the shelf in any mans wardrobe. A must own.

Try to sample either Lorenzo Villoresi Piper Nigrum or Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier Santal Noble.

Some of the fragrances by Serge Lutens are said to be extremely long-lived. There are, however, always different perceptions of that. Out of my wardrobe I would suggest:

Ambre Sultan
    Arabie
    Chergui
    Chêne
    Gris Clair

Others that last a long time:

Héritage Eau de Parfum (Guerlain)
    Knize Ten (Knize)
    Santal Noble (Maître Parfumeur et Gantier)
    Cuba (Czech & Speake)

However, the only ones I could imagine having the dignity of being a signature scent are Ambre Sultan, Gris Clair, Héritage EdP and Knize Ten. They work equally well in all kinds of weather.
    Last edited by DesGrieux; 16th July 2008 at 04:18 PM.

I find Chanel's Egoiste to be extremely long-lasting on my skin.

Tiffany for men....

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBoy View Post
    I find Chanel's Egoiste to be extremely long-lasting on my skin.
    Ditto. And ditto on the Tiffany, too.

I would like to add:

Heritage/Guerlain edt
    Jaipur Homme/edp
    Kouros
    Salvador Dali pour homme
    Azzaro pour homme (can't even wash it off with a scrub brush in the shower )
    And my newest acquisition, Loewe para hombre. Nearly 10 hours, and still going strong. (If I loved this anymore, I'd gargle with it. )
    Snarky is as snarky does.

Jaipur Homme EDP
    Paul Smith London
    Gaultier2
    Kouros
    Sung Homme
    Agua De Loewe (Insane projection too)
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

Paco Rabanne Black XS.

That stuff would survive a nuclear war.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...