Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Help me pick a Montale, skip to page two, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by maisonstinky View Post

Ahem, not everybody lives in the LA area LOL !!!
    You don't need to live in the LA area if you have a computer, credit card, & a home mailing address...

Quote Originally Posted by evogel View Post
    Lian,
    I hope you find what you are looking for in Black Aoud. It can certainly have shock value. The other two from the Aoud line with shock value would be Lime Aoud and Red Aoud, which you have already tried.

The Black is the "earthiest" of the line for me so far. Yesterday,late in the day, someone asked me if I was wearing patchouli oil.....it was Black Aoud. Don't worry though, I don't get massive patchouli from Black Aoud,just a nice little bit. :-)
    If you want Shock Value out of any Montale it would be Oud Cuir d'Arabie (Sixcats where are you . )

Black by far is my favorite. When I had my store, the first three scents that I had ordered were Jasmin Full, Sweet Oriental Dream and Black Aoud, in that order, then I increased the line after that.

Lian it looks like you and I have the same preferences .

Quote Originally Posted by KMF
    You don't need to live in the LA area if you have a computer, credit card, & a home mailing address...
    I think my friends at Basenotes are probably smiling at this comment you made to me .
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

I'll be using this thread to help me figure out which Montale samples I'll be ordering from Maisonstinky... so far I've only tried two Montales, Blue Amber (love) and Aromatic Lime (eh).

Quote Originally Posted by bbBD View Post
    I'll be using this thread to help me figure out which Montale samples I'll be ordering from Maisonstinky... so far I've only tried two Montales, Blue Amber (love) and Aromatic Lime (eh).
    There are two more threads I would add for reference for Montale scents :

Robyogiís thread started in 2006

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=168239

Purplebirdís thread started in 2007 in the women's board, which is still going strong

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=193406
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Quote Originally Posted by maisonstinky View Post
    I don't either.

Ahem, not everybody lives in the LA area LOL !!!

Well, considering luckyscent is a web site, to go there simply entails pointing the browser in the right direction....

I have been fortunate to visit Scent Bar in the Beverly Hills area of LA. Even though they are affiliated with luckyscent, they do not have all the inventory of the online store.

Morning Star

Quote Originally Posted by Asha View Post
    I have been fortunate to visit Scent Bar in the Beverly Hills area of LA. Even though they are affiliated with luckyscent, they do not have all the inventory of the online store.
    ... but if you call them a day or two in advance, and tell them what you are interested in sampling, they are sometimes willing to make sure it's there for you. In any case, it's worth asking.

For my money, the best of the Montale line is definitely Black Aoud. Aside from Andy Tauer Incense Rosť, it's probably the only rose fragrance I'd seriously consider. And as far as the oud accord is concerned, I wish I had known about Black Aoud before I dropped $165 on Tom Ford Oud Wood, since Black Aoud is twice as impressive and less expensive. Ah well, live and learn. If you never get victimized by marketing, there's no real glory if you overcome it later on, right?
    Last edited by Astaroth; 23rd August 2008 at 12:26 PM.