• Olivier Durbano

8 10.26%
  • Parfumerie Generale

18 23.08%
  • Profumum

16 20.51%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Default is it a UFO?...oh no..it's a POLL!!! "the" fragrance house for you

Hey Guys...i haven't added obvious ones like Serge Lutens, Creed, l'Artisan into the fold...just some houses which(i feel) have a more modern outlook and are relatively new(ok, some maybe old..)...poll away!
    Last edited by jenson; 6th October 2008 at 03:35 PM.

Default Re: is it a UFO?...oh no..it's a POLL!!! "the" fragrance house for you

I voted for Durbano.

"Jade" is due for release in the months to come.

Parfumerie Generale Iris Taïzo.
    Cardamom, iris, gingko wood, fig honey, Mexican vanilla.

I still have some faith in Andy Tauer, am hopeful Amouage may eventually release something that I'll actually like (if the last 18 months is anything to go by) but haven't tried anything by Olivier Durbano (and am naturally intrigued). As for the others, to be completely honest, I really couldn't give a toss...
    Last edited by Trebor; 6th October 2008 at 04:12 PM.

I'm a fan of the Nasomatto scents...

I haven't gotten to know any of these houses to really give any good input. By Killian seemed disappointing to me.

Tauer, though, has interesting sounding perfumes. L'Air du Morocain is the only one I've tried and really found amazing (so far).

Profumum is an up and down roller-coaster. Some amazing stuff and some not so WOW gimmie a $210 bottle!!

Damnyou, niche houses.

Morning Star

Profumum is probably the niche house that "does" it for me the most. Acqua di Sale and Thundra are both just flat-out amazing fragrances for me. Andy Tauer is also high on the list. L'Air du Désert Marocain and Incense Rosé are both incredible, unmatched in what they are by any other house.

Sur la Plage

I have been very impressed in what I have tried from Mazzolari, and would definitely seek out and sample their new releases.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Damn. Andy is Tauering over the competition.

Voted for Bois 1920 and Profumum.

Ya! im sure Mr. Tauer would feel great to see the following he has over here and world over...

vetiver dance did rock my boat big time...i felt it had the sillage of chergui minus the heady, leathery milkniness...vetiver dance has chucked chergui of the list for me. cant wait to try out the legendary LddM, incense rose amongst others...

apart from Tauer i voted for Frapin, Mazzolari, Profumum & By Kilian...im yet to try most of th houses mentioned in that list...
    Last edited by jenson; 7th October 2008 at 06:47 AM.

M. Micallef is the only one that has yet to receive a vote. I wonder why...

Blog Entries

I didn't vote for Andy Tauer, but he's on my radar. The one that I watch out for is The Different Company. I love every one of their scents to varying degrees, and I have some big faves in the house. Wearing one (Un Parfum des Sens et Bois) right now. This is a niche company with some time, and a track record, yet only 10 published scents. I feel that they only roll out their very best efforts.

Nice list, Jenson. I think that what ties these together is that they are niche houses that people should get on their radar. I have found the above comments enlightening, and have a couple of new houses in my sights.

I voted for :

Andy Tauer
    The Different Company
    Olivier Durbano
    Parfumerie Generale

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Amouage because they are known for being so over the top and their last Jubilation XXV was soooo good and Lubin, because they're an old house that have a lot of classic rabbits that they can pull out of their hat.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 7th October 2008 at 01:49 PM.

Thanx very much for participating guys! some really interesting figures up there! im kinda disappointed tht there is not much love for Frapin & Mazzolari but then i haven't tried scents from some of the houses mentioned above... Nasamotto and Amouge just went up the list for me along wit Andy Tauer!
    Last edited by jenson; 7th October 2008 at 10:54 AM.

Parfum d'Empire

I did vote for PG, but I agree with Sloan on Parfum d'Empire as the house to watch. I am so head-over-heels in love with Aziyade currently, and Ambre Russe is my favorite amber of all time. Forgive the hyperbole, but, apart from Guerlain, this is The House.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    I didn't vote for Andy Tauer, but he's on my radar. The one that I watch out for is The Different Company. I love every one of their scents to varying degrees, and I have some big faves in the house. Wearing one (Un Parfum des Sens et Bois) right now. This is a niche company with some time, and a track record, yet only 10 published scents. I feel that they only roll out their very best efforts.

Nice list, Jenson. I think that what ties these together is that they are niche houses that people should get on their radar. I have found the above comments enlightening, and have a couple of new houses in my sights.

Des Sens Et Bois is beautiful, I tried that for the first time last week and was blown away by it.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Tauer Perfumes clear winner!! wow! second place is a TIE ! between Amouage and Parfumerie Generale(i recently purchased Querrelle)
    Last edited by jenson; 8th October 2008 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Therese View Post
    I did vote for PG, but I agree with Sloan on Parfum d'Empire as the house to watch. I am so head-over-heels in love with Aziyade currently, and Ambre Russe is my favorite amber of all time. Forgive the hyperbole, but, apart from Guerlain, this is The House.
    Completely agree. Ambre Russe rocks

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

YSL sorry

I agree with you. I love Iskander.
    I have sampled others,and they are very good.

How come no Fred Malle? (EdP)

Banned
    Blog Entries

Frapin

Olivier Durbano from this resurrected 2008 poll.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.