Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Do you store your fragrances at room temperature, or refrigerated

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Room temperature

64 82.05%
  • Refrigerated

14 17.95%

Default Poll: Frangrance Storage

Do you store your fragrances at room temperature, or refrigerated

Next to the bottle of Van Winkle Special Reserve

Default Re: Poll: Frangrance Storage

All room temperature, except for the bottle of cKOne in the fridge - it's especially nice after a good run.
    Marge: Do you want your son to become Chief Justice of the Supreme Court or a sleazy male stripper?
    Homer: Can't he be both, like the late Earl Warren?

Hi JonB
    As of today you need a special permit from the administrator to post polls, otherwise any consequences from people cracking their heads open will be on your shoulders(!) (kidding)
    Last edited by afraafra; 9th September 2008 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by afraafra View Post
    Hi JonB
    As of today you need a special permit from the administrator to post polls, otherwise any consequences from people cracking their heads open will be on your shoulders(!)
    I don't remember seeing a poll about that.
    Marge: Do you want your son to become Chief Justice of the Supreme Court or a sleazy male stripper?

Wink Re: Poll: Frangrance Storage

Quote Originally Posted by dpak View Post
    I don't remember seeing a poll about that.
    I was kidding, referring to Dimitri and someone else thretening that if they see any more polls they'll crack their heads!

I don't mind these single option polls with 2 options. The multiple choice polls are mostly troublesome. I voted for room temperature. I was going to use my mini fridge after I finished school for fragrances, but I didn't want to keep it on all the time just for that purpose. It seems like an electricity hog. I just got a new central air system, so hopefully the constant temperature in the house helps.

Quote Originally Posted by afraafra View Post
    I was kidding, referring to Dimitri and someone else thretening that if they see any more polls they'll crack their heads!
    Please - no kidding on the threads. Unless it is approved by a poll.

Getting back to the topic, I'm not certain I'd put my frags in the fridge even if I had room in it. I like having them out on the chest of drawers.

On shelves in a cool closet away from light.

I keep mine at room temperature in a drawer.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Mine have the closet in a spare room which stays dark and cool enough. I like to stand and stare much too much to put them in a fridge.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

I'm hysteric with my 60 year old, still good perfumes (and the newer ones too) not to get a single ray of light. But it's not warm here in Denmark, so room temperature is fine, I assume.

Room temperature, in a wardrobe, hidden away from direct sunlight!

I keep mine in the built in shelves that are in my closet- it's dark, and the temp is (fairly) constant.
    - A spritz of Caron may be quite continental, but (a flacon of) Guerlain is a perfumisto's best friend...

I didn't know people refrigerated fragrances. I imagine that would be a waste of space and energy (electricity).

I keep my scents in a fridge. The temperature in the fridge is constant (10ºC).
    It is interesting that all my guests, when they see my fridge with the scents, have the same comment: “You have a fridge only for the scents… hmmm…. weird”.
    You can just imagine how much their opinion is important to me.
    “As if everyone, all over the world, had his daily visually artistic task; the task of being an image for others.” Peter Handke

Quote Originally Posted by peevish_yolk View Post
    It is interesting that all my guests, when they see my fridge with the scents, have the same comment: “You have a fridge only for the scents… hmmm…. weird”.
    Exactly the same here except all of my friends ask if the fridge is for beer....... :-)

The fridge has kept all of my scents in perfect condition for quite a while now plus the only light exposure is when it's open for a few seconds every morning.

Quote Originally Posted by peevish_yolk View Post
    ditto. I'm sure carbon offsets are available for the fridge, but I can't be arsed.

Blog Entries

I keep vintage, discontinued, and lightly-used frags in the spare fridge. But most are room temp, so that's what I answered in the poll.

Don't. Stop. Polling about our perfumes.
    Don't. Stop. We'll still be here....

Morning Star

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    I keep vintage, discontinued, and lightly-used frags in the spare fridge. But most are room temp, so that's what I answered in the poll.
    Somehow I knew you'd find your way into this thread, Red.

All my juice goes in the fridge in opaque containers, and those containers get put into air-tight bags to provide at least some positive vapor pressure for any lighter oils making up the top notes. Yeah, I'm pretty obsessive.

I keep them in a closet. I don't have the temp extremes that would make an extra fridge necessary

I have 2 sets of fragrances, one for warmer weather and one for colder weather. I rotate them seasonally and the ones I am not currently using I store in a refrigerator at 5 degrees C. The ones in use at present I store at room temperature. In both cases, they are protected from light by being in their original boxes either in the fridge or in a drawer or medicine cabinet.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Neither

Temperature controlled - from this resurrected 2008 thread
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.