Code of Conduct

Default Feminine Jean Patou - for man

After some perfumaniac sirene shared some 1000 Jean Patou with me - I`m trapped by its beauty and its refined taste without any efforts and its liveliness.
    So I`m going to explore those territories which are still white parts of my fragrant map.

Could you recommend me some fragrance from pre-Procter&Gamble era of this House that could fit any man? Thank you!
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Default Re: Feminine Jean Patou - for man

Though its not in production anymore, L'Heure Attendue could easily be worn by a man. I find it gorgeous and sport it myself. Some of the other scents in the Ma Collection series could also be suitable masculines. But others are just too fruity and sweet. Chaldee is another good one and so is Moment Supreme from what I've heard, though I've yet to smell it. There are a couple others, but they are escaping me at the moment ... look into them, they're great lost treasures.
    Oh please, if everyone around here is going to start telling the truth, I'm going to bed. - The House of Yes

Sublime, with its golden-green tones, might be good, because it isn't too sweet. It isn't as quirky as the 1000, though (a violet chypre with loads of moss).

Thank you for suggestions, Bront82!
    I get mini of L`HA and found it excuisite beauty. EDT has a perfume sillage and very charming development.
    Mini of Que Sais-Je? reminds me Mitsouko by its peach lactone start, and then it went to iris-orris heart. It`s just must-have like Mitsouko! (I wonder how it could be compared with legendary Iris Gris)

I hope that I could find all scents from Ma Collection 1984. Moment Supreme and Chaldee are going to my wish-list.

But I never thought about Sublime! Thanks, Orion!
    Vetiver The Great!!!

I love 1000. Absolutely love it. EDP is far better than EDT, though.
    Last edited by purplebird7; 20th July 2008 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by purplebird7 View Post
    I love 1000. Absolutely love it. EDP is far better than EDT, though.
    Well, I found vintage (mid-1970) demonstration tester of perfume-parfum from shop, so I believe that it`s even more gorgeous than EDP.
    Pre-PG perfumes of Jean Patou are the marvel!
    Vetiver The Great!!!

I second Sublime. You might love it, it has a beautiful lingering vetiver base.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Quote Originally Posted by tigrushka View Post
    I second Sublime. You might love it, it has a beautiful lingering vetiver base.
    Dear Tig,
    could you point out - in which concentration the vetiver base is more pronounsed?
    Perfume? EDP? EDT?
    Thank you!
    Vetiver The Great!!!

So moon_fish - have you found any favorites? I too totally adore 1000 and i am curious about this house. Also, have you (or anyone) comments on different concentrations? Are the edt ok?
    "Wonderfully wild, eminently civilized" - Derby by Guerlain

My swap thread