Code of Conduct

Default Aramis 900 Herbal Cologne

Well I've looked at the directory and this version wasn't listed. I've also searched through the community and haven't found it being mentioned. I know that many people here praise Aramis 900, but what about the 900 Herbal Cologne? I went to Aramis counter today and they had it not.

Please leave your comment for me as I'm interested in getting one. I like rose scent a lot, but not sure if this would be too herby? I don't want to be a walking plant or something similar to that.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Default Re: Aramis 900 Herbal Cologne

It's the same thing.

Yes it is the same thing Aramis 900 or Aramis 900 Herbal Cologne.

Amazing scent!

gimpy and scentimus are correct - Aramis 900 and Aramis 900 Herbal are the same thing.

It is not easy to find at retail stores. I bought one on eBay and one from a Basenoter.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by KiatBkk View Post
    Well I've looked at the directory and this version wasn't listed. I've also searched through the community and haven't found it being mentioned. I know that many people here praise Aramis 900, but what about the 900 Herbal Cologne? I went to Aramis counter today and they had it not.

Please leave your comment for me as I'm interested in getting one. I like rose scent a lot, but not sure if this would be too herby? I don't want to be a walking plant or something similar to that.
    KiatBkkMy longer post in the following thread should answer your question about whether or not it would be too herby. It won't. It's a patchouli/geranium/rose/rosewood/vetiver/oakmoss fragrance. It really has nothing at all to do with herbs:

http://community.basenotes.net/showt...mis+900+herbal

scentemental
    Last edited by scentemental; 19th July 2008 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    gimpy and scentimus are correct - Aramis 900 and Aramis 900 Herbal are the same thing.

It is not easy to find at retail stores. I bought one on eBay and one from a Basenoter.

Greeting TwoRoads,

Actually, Dillard's carries it for a cheaper price than most e-retailers:

http://www.dillards.com/webapp/wcs/s...ctId=500479801

Macy's used to carry it, but now only select Macy's stores still do.

Best regards,

scentemental

Last edited by scentemental; 19th July 2008 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scentemental View Post

Thanks!

Looks like I should get myself to Dillards, the link shows that they still carry Devin - another great fragrance that seems to be in limited distribution.
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 19th July 2008 at 10:38 PM.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Thanks!

Looks like I should get myself to Dillards, the link shows that they also carry Devin - another great fragrance that seems to be in limited distribution.

No problem my friend. Yes, indeed, they do, and actually have for as long as I can remember. Aramis and Estee Lauder fragrances are very strong, consistent best sellers and always have been from what the sales reps. have been telling me over the years. They are generally expertly crafted fragrances (something Turin and Sanchez are quite clear about), especially anything Bernard Chant had a hand in, and he had a hand in most of the Aramis/Estee Lauder classics. He created some of them and was creative director for the Estee Lauder fragrance division for the longest time.

If one is interested in sampling the women's range of Estee Lauder fragrances, many of which are slight variations on the Aramis male fragrances or vice versa, ULTA is your store. They have the largest collection of Estee Lauder/Aramis fragrances
    I have ever seen in one place.

Contrary to the opinions expressed in the thread I embedded a link to above, Aromatic Elixir EDP is not a carbon copy of Aramis 900. It has a stronger rose component with less to little vetiver and a more substantial animalic component (amber and musk) that is not part of Aramis 900's scent profile. If one pays careful attention,
    in Aromatics Elixir EDP the floral heart notes of Aramis 900 have also been augmented by a white floral accord. Having said that, if you like Aramis 900, you will like Aromatics Elixir EDP as there is more than enough congruence and difference between the two to keep one's interest. One should think of Aromatics Elixir as a reworked (and not just simply stronger) EDP version of Aramis 900, which even though an EDC, is still--as is typical for all Estee Lauder and Aramis classic fragrances--decidedly more powerful than most EDPs of other brands. Aromatics Elixir EDP itself is so strong, it borders on parfum strength.

scentemental

Last edited by scentemental; 7th November 2008 at 12:28 PM.

Blog Entries

Hmmm.... 900 and Devin in 3.4ounce sizes? I thought they only come in 4.0 ounce bottles? Macy's, Dillard's and Nordstrom's in Houston carry every Aramis in production except JHL.

Quote Originally Posted by scentemental View Post
    Greeting TwoRoads,

Macy's used to carry it, but now only select Macy's stores still do.

Best regards,

scentemental

Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

***** Five Stars For Both ****
    900 & Aromatics Elixir

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Macy's in Chicago has it, as does Saks in NYC. I personlly hate the stuff, but to each his own.

Yea, I used to work at Dillard's and we had only 2 bottles of the stuff left. Tuscany seemed to be in short supply as well since we weren't receiving any shipments. I hated the entire Aramis line but the older gentlemen would pour in buying the stuff up...

I recently rediscovered this great fragrance at Bloomingdale's in NYC. I'm sure that some might find it dated, but I think it is wonderfully rich and deep. And for those of you always complaining about sillage and longevity, this truly does require a delicate touch or it will take over a room.

Blog Entries

Okay.........help me out here, is 900 and 900 Herbal the same as in similar aroma or the SAME as ingredient just labeled differently in different countries?
    sent via commodore 64

*explore your world on a bicycle*

Quote Originally Posted by odioustoilet View Post
    Okay.........help me out here, is 900 and 900 Herbal the same as in similar aroma or the SAME as ingredient just labeled differently in different countries?
    It's the same fragrance.