Code of Conduct

Default My very personal experience with Guerlain Vétiver

Enough has been said about this scent's top notes, middle notes and base notes. So I'm going to take a different approach and write about what Vétiver reminds me of. I would be pleased if you told me what you think/ or write your own experiences...!

After putting it on my mind slowly travels back in time and fond memories of one afternoon on my honeymoon just a couple of years ago reemerge.
    ...I'm sitting in the backyard of our ancient house in Sicily. It has just stopped raining after a long period of drought.
    The sun, slowly but powerfully reappears and you can see the water evaporate on the hot asphalt just outside our garden.
    Meanwhile in the garden scarce Sicilian nature takes its beautiful course.The water trickles away slowly leaving behind a quiet, sizzling noise.
    Consequently the plants in our garden are breathing a sigh of relief, soaking in everything the now harsh sun doesn't take them away.
    Looking closely you can truly see the yellowish grass and the lemon and orange trees becoming revitalized.
    As the sun becomes ever more vigorous, causing the remaining water covering the plants to evaporate at an ever faster rate, a tranquil wind gently carries away the newly released scents....
    Last edited by désert_méditerranéen; 19th July 2008 at 09:29 PM.

Default Re: My very personal experience with Guerlain Vétiver

That was a good read, welcome to basenotes

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Your description reminds me when I visited Taormina and Siracusa in Sicily. It is amazing how fragrances will bring back memories, just like how Micael Edwards described it in my signature. When I was in Palermo, I bought a big bottle of Zagara di Sicilia and I still use it on occasions. That fragrance is what brings me back to Sicily.
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Quote Originally Posted by aubrgene View Post
    Your description reminds me when I visited Taormina and Siracusa in Sicily. It is amazing how fragrances will bring back memories, just like how Micael Edwards described it in my signature. When I was in Palermo, I bought a big bottle of Zagara di Sicilia and I still use it on occasions. That fragrance is what brings me back to Sicily.
    never heard of zagara di sicilia...is it a mens scent?
    siracusa truly is one of the most beautiful small cities i know of

Very vivid writing. You've painted a beautiful picture. That picture will certainly fill my mind next time I wear Vetiver/Guerlain.

I've only visited Roma, but the landscape you describe reminds of the cinematography in the film "Under the Tuscan Sun."

Thanks for the story!

PS: Benvenuto!