Code of Conduct

Default Ever obsess over a single scent?

It seems like once or twice a year I'll really obsess over one scent - the rest of my wish list fades to the background and I get tunnel vision for a certain scent I've yet to try.

Often though, for a whole host of reasons, I don't end up sampling it for quite some time. I'm worried I'll like it too much and can't justify purchasing it, or that the money should really go towards something else (University, perfume supplies, music equipment..), or.. something, it's always something.

Everytime this has happened though, when I finally did get around to sampling the scent, it has become one of my favorites. It happened with L'Anarchiste, and with Antidote, and Salvador Dali PH.

Now, despite not being a particular fan of most fresh/aquatic scents (I don't dislike the better ones, just never been drawn to them before) I am beginning to obsess over Creed's Erolfa. Just a month ago I smelled my first Creed.. GIT, and I love its more natural character and smoothness. After reading everything I have about Erolfa, it just.. intrigues me. Maybe I won't be able to enjoy it as much having never been to the ocean (deprived, I know!). Even so, I just have this instinct that I will love it.

I think I'll have to stop stalling and get my hands on a sample.
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 20th July 2008 at 08:09 PM.

Default Re: Ever obsess over a single scent?

Right now I am obsessing over Michael Storer's Winter Star. I loved it from the moment I tried it and have been trying to get some since.

No, I have never obsessed over one scent. I've caraved a lot, but never obsessed.

Yes, Ive obsessed on two occasions

Right now Im obsessing over Durbano's Rock Crystal, and Im killing to receive my 10ml bottle which is in the post as we speak. (I've obsessed over it for about 4 months now). The other (in the past) was Montale Lime Aoud. But with my introduction to some superior Middle Eastern perfume oils, I no longer have a hankering for it.

Once: over MKK. I ended up going on a trip to France just to get my hands on it. Unfortunately that meant I had to visit the Eifel Tower, the Louvre and all the other beautiful places

Merlino, had you smelled MKK at that point?

I just find it strange that I obsess over scents I've not even smelled yet. There is just something about the synergy of their concept, packaging, name, etc, that really intrigues me and I start to obsess. I think another reason I put off sampling them for awhile is the fear of disappointment. I've had a lucky streak so far but it's bound to end sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post

I just find it strange that I obsess over scents I've not even smelled yet. There is just something about the synergy of their concept, packaging, name, etc, that really intrigues me and I start to obsess. I think another reason I put off sampling them for awhile is the fear of disappointment. I've had a lucky streak so far but it's bound to end sometime.
    Nope, otherwise I'd have simply ordered it I had however already emptied a 10ml Musc Ravageur which I loved and I had read everywhere that MKK was much better. Needless to say I was not disappointed but I was probably a big time victim of the MKK craze!
    Last edited by Merlino; 20th July 2008 at 10:09 PM.

I now own more than 2 dozen full bottles of Creed Imperial.....so the answer to your question, according to my wife, is yes.

Abso-sniffing-lutely. I'm a serial obsessor. Over the past few years, there has rarely been a stretch of time in which I was not obsessing about a particular scent, often unsmelled.
    For swap/sale: NIB: Pure Malt, Floris Vetiver, Vintage Tiffany, Charriol Royal Leather, Dior Homme; Dior Homme Intense, Chanel PMC, M7 gel, Roma (women's), LIDGE, Spicebomb, Trussardi Uomo, Obsession, others...
    http://tiny.cc/rd8ptw
    (swaps)
    http://tinyurl.com/a7qoley
    (sales)

Quote Originally Posted by ebear View Post
    Abso-sniffing-lutely. I'm a serial obsessor. Over the past few years, there has rarely been a stretch of time in which I was not obsessing about a particular scent, often unsmelled.
    Serial Obsessor is the word I was looking for, perfect!

Yeap, I've had times like those too, still do current obsessie' is Hinoki.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post

a classic example of what basenotes could do to you

Obsessed with one scent? im a gemini, its simply not possible

Quote Originally Posted by Maz24 View Post
    I now own more than 2 dozen full bottles of Creed Imperial.....so the answer to your question, according to my wife, is yes.
    Wow! How many sprays do you use, and how often do you re-apply?!

Dependent

if single is the mandatory criteria, then id have to say Eau Sauvage, though Bvlgari Extreme and Issey men comes very close behind.
    And myself being a Gemini by zodiac calculations, id have to say i shower in Bvlgari Aqua and Paco Rabanne PH quite so often.

Quote Originally Posted by Leifer View Post
    Wow! How many sprays do you use, and how often do you re-apply?!
    I believe his is a case not of funtionality, but a collection of art.
    Last edited by MFJ; 21st July 2008 at 09:22 AM.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Maz24 View Post
    Maz24, you never fail to shock me.

I'm obsessed with obtaining as many bottles as I can of Eau Sauvage Fraicheur Cuir... so far only one.

What's funny is when I first smelled Imperial I disliked it, my wife almost had to persuade me into liking it. But it definitely did grow on me. :-)

I'm obsessing over Black Aoud and I havent even smelt the thing before! I think my excitement is warranted though from the compliments it garners on basenotes

It should be here by next week so watch this space for what is most likely to be another glowing review.

For a long time I have been obsessed over Habit Rouge EdT (Guerlain). Maybe that's still the case. Something in me permanently tries to persuade me electing Habit Rouge my signature fragrance...

Kind of "my everlasting vibe".

I obsess all the time about DK Men (Fuel). I want as many bottles as I can get without going bankrupt.

Oh man, i bought Liz Claiborne 'Candies' a few years ago, absolutley loved the scent, but never bought another bottle. Now that it has been discontinued, im obsessing about getting as many bottles as i can, and reminiscing on all the compliments it has gained me over the years,...........