Code of Conduct

Default what is your "You Will Notice Me!" niche fragrance?

based on a previous thread and many others where i come to conclude that the absolute majority of basenoters agree that niche fragrances dont garner attention/compliments from the public anywhere close to your run of the mill designer fragrances....now, that phenomenon is not difficult to explain, however the question I have is....

What is your Niche Fragrance that you know will get you noticed every time (regardless whether you want it to or not)? and why do you think that is so?

For me its FM Outrageous!(within an hour of application) or Creed SMW....i think because neither is complex(SMW does have more substance to it) and is nose friendly with sparkling bright aqua/citrus/fruit notes...
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Default Re: what is your "You Will Notice Me!" niche fragrance?

For me it's always been one of Montale's Ouds. Always gets me noticed...
    "Faites des bętises, mais faites les avec enthousiasme !" Colette

Is the Question Which one is Noticed or Which one is Noticed and Liked By ppl....??

noticed could be anything....from loved to hated, just noticed by those around you whenever you wear it.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

Lorenzo Villoresi Garofano always seems to get noticed. Creed Royal Delight too but I get the idea that not a lot of ppl like it...

Vintage Tabarome will get anyone noticed.

Smile Re: what is your "You Will Notice Me!" niche fragrance?

Timbuktu

.................................................. ...................I'm gonna memorize your name.. and then i'm gonna throw my head away!!........:bounce:.............

Anything Aoud
    C&S88
    Cuba.
    concerto

Still, it the designer scents draw more attention.
    Dreamer.
    Envy.
    M7 Fresh.
    Anteus
    Havana.
    Last edited by irish; 20th July 2008 at 10:54 PM.

Post Re: what is your "You Will Notice Me!" niche fragrance?

Orris, by Andy Tauer seems to be a fragrance people always comment on when I wear it.
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

Black Aoud

I'll share a secret with everyone, MKK is a subliminal "notice me" fragrance. If I want to get some "control" going on in a business meeting, I use this animal reductionist before a business meeting. It turns CEOs into horn dogs. Sort of like the "gay bomb".
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 20th July 2008 at 11:52 PM.

One the people liked and noticed was Creed Green Irish Tweed.

One that some liked, but all said they could smell, was Piper Nigrum

THe one I WANT PEOPLE TO NOTICE, and like, is Fumerie Turque or Chergui.

I am gonna try some Montales though, since Black Oud is getting good buzz

Several people have complimented Molecule 01. Only women seem to notice it though. Weirdest perfume experience yet...Women smell it and compliment it from several feet away or soon as I enter their personal space, whereas a male co-worker stuck his nose right up to my wrist (a few minutes after spraying and dabbing) and said he could barely smell it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    I'll share a secret with everyone, MKK is a subliminal "notice me" fragrance. If I want to get some "control" going on in a business meeting, I use this animal reductionist before a business meeting. It turns CEOs into horn dogs. Sort of like the "gay bomb".
    thats assuming if the CEOs you're speaking to are gay...

what fragrance would you wear into a meating with a hetero CEO to have the same "i'm taking control of this meeting" effect?

Blenheim Bouquet

Quote Originally Posted by acceptfacts View Post
    thats assuming if the CEOs you're speaking to are gay...

what fragrance would you wear into a meating with a hetero CEO to have the same "i'm taking control of this meeting" effect?
    in other words, Ruggles was indicating its a great scent.

For me, it would easily be Montale's BLACK AOUD and Serge Lutens' CUIR MAURESQUE! Those two never fails to get attention.

I was in an outdoor cafe last week ( in the evening ) and there was a group next to my table. As the group was leaving, the last gentleman turned around and asked me: " Do you mind, but what is it are you wearing"? I wasn't sure if he was referring to me or my friend who was wearing Malle's French Lover. He said, it was me and I answered Montale's Black Aoud. Sometimes, you may not smell the fragrance that you're wearing but it does not mean that other people can't.!
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Tauer's L' Air du Desert Maroccain definitely will garner attention in a good way.

Blog Entries

I get smiles with Sel de Vétiver from The Different Company. But I do feel like it puts a spotlight on me.

One niche frag that will get WAY too much attention is Catherdral by Neil Morris. Just sampled it. Imagine the Kouros of incense! This stuff is, literally, stronger incense than incense. I know because we tested that fact in our house. A real stick of incense cannot keep up with a shot of this frag. Of course, that was the whole point of this fragrance - a thousand burned censers in a cathedral. But if you wear this one, you will be noticed!

Hmm.... so far I've been "noticed and complimented" on the below:

The Different Company Des Sens et Bois
    Parfumerie Generale Bois de Copaiba
    Parfumerie Generale Psychotrope
    Parfumerie Generale Querelle
    L'Artisan Navegar
    L'Artisan Dzing!
    Micallef Black Sea
    Miller et Bertaux Spiritus/Land

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Domenico Caraceni 1913, by far and for sure. I absolutely love that scent, and I think others do too.

People will notice every LOUD, UNEXPECTED scent no matter is it designer`s or niche.
    Like, Peau d`Espagne SMN or Montale`s Ouds done with 3-4 sprays will be noticed immediately.
    Or, Fracas Piguet, Joy Jean Patou or Un Jardins de Bagatelle Guerlain will be noticed on every man as something unexpected.
    True vintage discontinued perfumes will take attention too as they does not fit to modern politically correct way of using perfumery. Let`s say Chypre Coty, Cuir\Revolte de Lancome, Macassar Rochas... as there were no niche those times
    Vetiver The Great!!!

The only two Creed fragrances I've worn gave me compliments when I wasn't even trying. OV and GIT. MPG Parfum d'Habit is also an attention grabber. Diptyque L'Ombre Dans L'Eau as well, you stop smelling it strong after a while but people around you notice it and can't help but to love it.
    Looking for a sample of Gucci Envy Me.

A fashion designer that works at the same company I do was walking on the stairs after me, and she asked me if I smelled so nice.

I was wearing Tea for Two, I was surprised she even thought I could smell like that because in general I found people never think its a perfume for some reason.

Shocking, there is more to perfume than fruity florals.

Quote Originally Posted by fraddicted View Post
    Tauer's L' Air du Desert Maroccain definitely will garner attention in a good way.
    This is my experience as well. Always gets me compliments and questions as to what I'm wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardK View Post
    This is my experience as well. Always gets me compliments and questions as to what I'm wearing.
    L'Air du Desert Marocain is definitely a tremendous fragrance that never fails to garner very positive responses whenever I wear it.

Is that a Freudian mispelling?
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Montale Aouds certainly draw attention. Fragrances with spine.
    Heard melodies are sweet, but those unheard are sweeter. (Keats)

Quote Originally Posted by javagreen View Post
    Hmm.... so far I've been "noticed and complimented" on the below:

The Different Company Des Sens et Bois
    Parfumerie Generale Bois de Copaiba
    Parfumerie Generale Psychotrope
    Parfumerie Generale Querelle
    L'Artisan Navegar
    L'Artisan Dzing!
    Micallef Black Sea
    Miller et Bertaux Spiritus/Land

every fragrance you have mentioned outside of L'artisand ones i have never tried and with the exception of the two of them....never even heard off.....

that was the egotistical point of this thread....learn about new scents i need to sniff.

thank you. =)

Quote Originally Posted by uli View Post
    Montale Aouds certainly draw attention. Fragrances with spine.
    Agreed ... Every Montale that I have sampled is thick , rich & powerfull .

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    Is that a Freudian mispelling?
    absolutely.....=) a meating with lots of meat present....Lol.

i have noticed as time passes from my HS/college days, my grammar and spelling have deteriorated accordingly....quite sad actually.

absolutely.....=) a meating with lots of meat present....Lol.

i have noticed as time passes from my HS/college days, my grammar and spelling have deteriorated accordingly....quite sad actually.
    Sadly, my cash on hand has deteriorated since I joined Basenotes.

For a NOTICE ME fragrance, heavy patchouli scents for me always seem to announce I'm there. Patchouli Leaves by Montale is one of my biggest powerhouse patchouli scents I have. H.O.T. Always has also garnered immediate attention when I walked into a bar no less. (it was only a few sprays and it was my friend that noticed but still ).

I agree with all the Montale Aoud votes as well. I really try to be conservative with those so I don't gas anyone out.

I also see Musc Ravageur as a powerhouse but again, that's something I try to be super light with application to keep it in check.
    Last edited by jrd4t; 21st July 2008 at 04:24 PM.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Quote Originally Posted by jrd4t View Post
    Sadly, my cash on hand has deteriorated since I joined Basenotes.

For a NOTICE ME fragrance, heavy patchouli scents for me always seem to announce I'm there. Patchouli Leaves by Montale is one of my biggest powerhouse patchouli scents I have. H.O.T. Always has also garnered immediate attention when I walked into a bar no less. (it was only a few sprays and it was my friend that noticed but still ).

I agree with all the Montale Aoud votes as well. I really try to be conservative with those so I don't gas anyone out.

I also see Musc Ravageur as a powerhouse but again, that's something I try to be super light with application to keep it in check.

the surprising thing with Musc Ravageur(which i love) that no matter how much I swim in it, people usually seem to notice it only within first 15-20 minutes of application or when they are right next to me and I mean i bathe in it...i'm notorious for spraying 15-20 MR sprays at a time...clothes included.

L'Air du Desert Marocain.....every time I wear this, my wife always comments on how good I smell.

I never tried going out with L'Air du Desert Marocain yet - its too hot for it - but I got quite a pleasant reaction with Creed's Millesime Imperial!

Its a fragrance I like however I can't imagine myself getting a full bottle.
    A

Newbie discovering the wonderful world of perfume

Looking for; http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=210771
    and
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=214089

Quote Originally Posted by Str8_SHAVER View Post
    L'Air du Desert Marocain.....every time I wear this, my wife always comments on how good I smell.

Same here. This is the one.
    Snarky is as snarky does.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

The two scents have most recently gotten me "noticed" in the Biblical sense: Nasomatto Duro and MPG Parfum d'Habit.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cćlum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca

Just out of curiosity, how many sprays is suitable for the Montale Aouds? take Black Aoud for example? Is one spray all it should take?

Quote Originally Posted by moon_fish View Post
    People will notice every LOUD, UNEXPECTED scent no matter is it designer`s or niche.
    Like, Peau d`Espagne SMN or Montale`s Ouds done with 3-4 sprays will be noticed immediately.
    Or, Fracas Piguet, Joy Jean Patou or Un Jardins de Bagatelle Guerlain will be noticed on every man as something unexpected.
    True vintage discontinued perfumes will take attention too as they does not fit to modern politically correct way of using perfumery. Let`s say Chypre Coty, Cuir\Revolte de Lancome, Macassar Rochas... as there were no niche those times
    What a bag full of good advice! The first two coming to my mind were Arabie and Knize 10. But you're so right: Peau d'Espagne of course!

Jardins de Bagatelle and Joy are 'secret loves' of mine. But at least the Jardins cannot be pinned down by most people. I'll try wearing it in public at least once if the summer stays on. <<<<<Surprisingly, this is one of the few gems that shows just blank space in the review section. Hermés Amazone at least has three. I find the latter quite noticeable too, but nobody ever commented it. Maybe I'm still overly self conscious when I wear feminines.
    Last edited by narcus; 25th July 2008 at 09:13 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Ava Luxe - Madame X. I wear that and suddenly the men I know stand a little closer. Whether I want them to or not.

Serge Lutens - Daim Blond. A friend of ours (one not known for his powers of observation) stopped me and asked what I was wearing. He wanted it both for himself and his fiancee.

Keiko Mecheri - Loukhoum - People like cookies

Acceptfacts - so with you on the deterioration of one's grasp of the English language. Mine deteriorated with the jump to professional life (and its associated "meatings") My blogging and message board activities don't help.
    Last edited by sakecat22; 25th July 2008 at 12:53 PM.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeB View Post
    The two scents have most recently gotten me "noticed" in the Biblical sense: Nasomatto Duro and MPG Parfum d'Habit.
    duro is a monster.....in a terrific way.....but its one of those few fragrances which I can not discern.....does it have amazing sillage or is it just ever present and long lasting to my own nose and not to those around me...
    Last edited by acceptfacts; 25th July 2008 at 03:28 PM.

thats assuming if the CEOs you're speaking to are gay...what fragrance would you wear into a meating with a hetero CEO to have the same "i'm taking control of this meeting" effect?
    What I meant was, even a hetero male will get the sexy vibe from MKK. Did that sound too much like Borat? The other direction you could go in is clean, clean, clean, Puro Lino for example. That one erases all sexual thoughts. I would never wear an oud fragrance to a business meeting, considering the prejudices towards Arabic people these days.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

duro is a monster.....in a terrific way.....but its one of those few fragrances which I can not discern.....does it have amazing sillage or is it just ever present and long lasting to my own nose and not to those around me...
    Last time I wore it, it hung out on my sport coat for three days. Heads will turn!
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cćlum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by leffleur View Post
    Several people have complimented Molecule 01. Only women seem to notice it though. Weirdest perfume experience yet...Women smell it and compliment it from several feet away or soon as I enter their personal space, whereas a male co-worker stuck his nose right up to my wrist (a few minutes after spraying and dabbing) and said he could barely smell it.
    I found this too with Molecule 02...

I had a test spritz on my forearm when I went to collect my kids from swimming. I sat down on the stands about three feet from a young (and very yummy) mummy who immediately asked me what I was wearing. I had tested other scents too, but it was the Molecule she was getting. I couldn't smell it at all at that point, but she could - from three feet away beside an indoor swimming pool where the air was hot, humid and filled with chlorine!

That experience has left me sorely tempted to buy full bottles of both Molecules... If only I could smell them too...

I second, third and fourth this. I have never worn a Montale that DIDN'T get comments and Black Aoud gets the most and the loudest. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet View Post
    Black Aoud
    Come play with us (click on the Basenotes link) http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=195893

If you put on enough Jardin du Nil, it will get you noticed for sure - though the attention you receive may not be positive one.

Black Aoud

4 hours after application, my uncle was wondering where this patchouli smell came from
    he said i was "storming"