Code of Conduct

Default Question about Kouros Eau d'Ete

Guys, I've said many times here how I've found Kouros Tattoo edition to be my personal favorite incarnation of Kouros to wear. I like it much better than the Cologne Sport versions and also the original (which is just a bit too dirty for me). I've tried the Fraicheur and will probably get a bottle of it at some time, but there's one I still haven't tried... the Kouros Eau D'Ete.

I'm thinking about getting a bottle of the 2006 edition (with the Kouros name on the bottle in a different font (looks kind of handwritten). Does anyone know if this version is different smelling than the Tattoo edition? I also see that this year there's a limited edition "Tonique" for 2008 and I'd bet that it smells the same as Tattoo. Since I really love the Tattoo edition, I'm really curious about the Eau D'Ete (and if the seasonal versions of it differ as well).

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Default Re: Question about Kouros Eau d'Ete

They were selling testers of both Tattoo and Eau d'Ete in a shop some months back. I put some on each hand on two separate days before making my choice. While similar, they were clearly different to my nose. The Eau d'Ete lasted longer and was the richer of the two, so that was the one I bought.

I was wondering if I should buy the Tattoo version just to round out the collection, but decided against it as I liked both Cologne Sport and Eau d'Ete better than it.
    Renato

I also prefer the summer version, though I would not be able to explain why. My memory is not that good.

Mr Dalliard

There's too much mint in the Eau D'Ete, try the Energising Tonique, it's much better.

I found a bottle of Fraicheur on Amazon the other day - yippee!

Eau d Été is a very nice scent if you like the original Kouros.....For me, the correct name for that juice must be Kouros Light.....Is a Kouros light, simple and easy. Nice scent, yes, confortable for summer, with an interesting aura.....I used it some days this summer and was nice....

But...Personally, I prefer the classic version because have better longevity and fascinating sillage.

(I used the handwritten version, kind of an island or something like that)
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love the original Kouros. You've got me interested in investigating the other versions. I don't mind the civet in Kouros at all. The only problem is getting a small enough spritz so that I'm not radioactive ;-)

The only Kouros version I have the the 'Cologne Sport Eau d'Ete' - and I think there also a non-cologne sport Eau d'Ete as well. The box says '2004 limited edition' on it. It's by far the mildest version of all the various iterations I've tried, though I've always been curious about the Fraicheur, Tonique, and Tattoo versions.

This is kind of an old thread, but I guess I never followed up. I wound up buying Kouros Eau D'Ete (with the rustic script on the bottle/island decor on the box) last year. I found it very similar to the Kouros Cologne Sport line. I do think it's maybe a little mintier than I would have liked, but it's still good. At any rate, I much prefer the Tattoo edition (and I think the Energising Tonique is probably the same juice as Tattoo, but in a different bottle).

seconded. eau d'ete is basically indistinguishable from Cologne Sport... and is much more powerful than Tattoo.