Code of Conduct

Default Profumo.it D. Dubrana

I recently came to smell a few of profumo.it fragrances. I came to this through my sandalwood explorations - I was keen to smell the real thing for reference and also enjoyment. Profumo sells dillutions of real mysore and australian santal so I bought these and got some other samples which he generously sent me.

As well as being beautiful, I have found these all natural perfumes to be an excellent educational tool, it is crystal clear what I am smelling and so informs other analysis. I also have found that the man's convictions and strong character translate to his fragrances, I actually do find them quite moving in a way that perfumes with synthetics rarely ever are - maybe because some of the ingredients are scarce and so feel more precious (and respectfully handled) and also because thay are quality compositions from materials which have a depth of smell which is so often absent for things which pass into my olfactory system. Somehow it just gives me a feeling of integrity.

Turin also wote well of this work. I was wondering if anyone else has had experience with them?

(I am not connected in any way other than appreciation)
    Last edited by hirch_duckfinder; 19th September 2008 at 10:57 PM. Reason: typo
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Default Re: Profumo.it D. Dubrana

A well timed post Hirch, I have recently been looking at his website and felt tempted to order a bottle of his Tabac and maybe one or two others in his range. I will have to get my act together and get some ordered.

Barry
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

Yes, well-timed. After reading Turin's comments, I ordered a custom perfume from Profumo.it and just received it a few days ago. I picked nine different scents, hoping for a complex little green lavender rose. And that's exactly what I got. It's gorgeous, perfectly blended, every ingredient comes through. And I even received a kind note from the owner Salaam. I love all kinds of fragrances, including many modern synthetics, but it's obvious that Profumo's natural ingredients are of a much higher quality than your average hippie aromatherapy shop in the States. It wasn't inexpensive but it was worth it. I imagine I'll buy a scent kit next.

I just wanted to add that while I do not have any experience with Profumo yet, every single thing that I have read regarding this gentleman and his work has been 100% positive. That alone is something I find incredibly impressive and it makes me look forward to sampling/owning one of his creations.

His posts here are always so educational and informative to me as well.

Thanks for the post hirch_duckfinder, any further impressions would be welcomed.

I can recommend him as well. I have some of his Ambergris tincture and, whilst being rather expensive, it is lovely. I have a few samplers of his other perfumes as well and they are all excellent.

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I just have to add that the Tabac and Oakmoss from Perfumo.it are wonderful. I highly recommend these perfumes.

I've not tried the Tabac but the oakmoss is indeed wonderful. It has some santal and a fair bit of Vetiver with the moss creating a melange of beautiful basenotes.

Seawood is also really special.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

reviews

Mr. Dubrana and Ms. Moriel are really high up on my exploration list. You guys are ruining me. At least stuff like Creed and Montale will seem a real bargain then
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

I owe Mr. Dubrana quite a few interesting experiences. And I finally know what real ambergris smells like. As the nights are getting longer I should really sit down and write about them.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

I have no previous experience of sniffing anything from this house. I'm curious as hell!

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Holy water is frightenly good too - orange blossom, unbelievable natural frankincense, rose, santal - really uplifting - highly recommended to anyone except longevity junkies - reveiew in directory.

reviews

Dubrana's Tabac is probably one of the nicest tobacco fragrances I've yet run across -- it isn't the over-sweetened pipe tobacco that most perfume houses usually produce when concocting a tobacco perfume, but more like vintage cigarette tobacco: arid, dusty, earthy. I loved it from sniff one.

My only complaint with natural perfumery is that the experience is too fleeting. I love the obvious quality and evident beauty of Dubrana's and Ayala Moriel's works, so am disheartened when I lose them off my skin after only a few hours. I guess that's the double-edged sword of being a really good natural perfumer -- your customers love your work, but because they love it they want to revel in the scent for hours longer than is possible for the genre.

But if you're looking for a terrific dry tobacco scent, and don't mind reapplying throughout the day (or evening), then Dubrana's Tabac is well worth exploring. Mr. Dubrana is also very easy to deal with, and takes a great amount of personal pride in his work. The same can be said for Ayala Moriel.
    Last edited by Nathan214; 21st October 2008 at 07:31 PM.