Code of Conduct

Default fragrances popular in germany

i am planning a trip to germany. we will end up in france, fyi. i don't want to offend anyone i also don't want to be pegged as an american due to what i smell like. i prefer men's fragrances. some fragrances i often use are burberry( the original), cdg kyoto, penhaligans douro, jo malone's amber&lavender, and a&f's fierce.

what could i bring that i already have, what could i look for to bring.

thanks,

lynn

Default Re: fragrances popular in germany

I hear eau d'Bratwurst by Divine l'Sausage is a big hit over there.
    Seriously, wear whatever tickles your pickle. Id say people will think your American more from your accent than the way you smell.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony87 View Post
    Seriously, wear whatever tickles your pickle. Id say people will think your American more from your accent than the way you smell.
    Even though scent is subliminal, this is a good reason. Just spritz something Italian.

Though it know a popular scent in Germany was Sir Irisch Moos. I never have had the chance to sample it.

Greed Frich Tweed should do the trick!

;-)

Though anything Joop! was popular in the Deutschland!!!

Jil Sander for Men is an awesome scent. I'm sure her line is still popular in Hamburg and the rest of Germany.
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Tom (the_good_life) may be able to advise on this one, though he hasn't been posting here or answering PM's in a while.

AIGNER should be popular there, but I'm not sure.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Joop and all the Boss lines for sure also second Aigner

If you visit Munich (in Germany). You should go to the Frederic Malle Shop. There are also lot of Creed shops over here...you get everything...also Montale and Serge Lutens and even Bond´s...the New Dior Sport is out right now...also Armani Diamonds for Men...you also get the Calvin Klein Euphoria INTENSE
    I would say there are more parfum shops than in America...Germany is nearly right next to Paris...don´t forget that...The Germans have a good taste.

It doesn´t matter which country you visit...check your mood, the weather and your clothing (and situations), than you will know which fragrance you wear.

Go with Original Tabac (German grandpa)
    Jil Sander for men (for younger crowd)

Tabac Original? and Jilsander for Men (which is a copy of Armani Code)...this is what you think what german people wear??? Wrong my brother from Italy...maybe in Italy they wear just Armani and D&G!!!
    and the Amercian just Tommy Hilfiger and Bonds

Naturally, Germans love their successful designers of the presence and past. Aigner, Bogner, Boss, Joop, Lagerfeld, Lang and Sander (whom did I forget?). Not popular but still highly appreciated by connoisseurs is the Knize company (German, but of Austrian origin). The fans of 4711 ( with Tosca and Irisch Moos) and of Farina, etc. are a dying race, and the popularity of Tabac Original in Germany can be perhaps compared to the popularity of Old Spice in the US: everybody knows it, it's still good, but the fragrant world has more to offer for the open minded!

Other than that: the western perfume market is totally international, governed by some giants which may reside in Paris, Holzminden, Geneva or New York. But that doesn't really matter. These companies recruit their staff from all over. National perfumery is practically non-existent nowadays. Products are strategically planned to cash in from the poor, the rich and the hundreds of millions in between. Local stores are just a mirror of that development. Paris, Brussels, Manchester, or Torino - all offer the same stuff, just like the perfume departments in tax free shops.

The most rewarding anti - trend experience: when you find the fragrances that companies like Puig, Myrurgia, Farina, Santa Maria Novella, Molineux, etc. produce for the home market mainly. It's a passion when I am vacationing.
    Last edited by narcus; 25th July 2008 at 07:38 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

"Top Ten Men" according to the Douglas-Shop:

1. Ed Hardy
    2. Le Male
    3. The One (D&G)
    4. Tomo (Annayake)
    5. Fuel for Life Homme
    6. Ck One Summer
    7. Code (Armani)
    8. Acqua di Giň
    9. Allure Homme Sport
    10. Boss

(...bad enough...)
    Last edited by DesGrieux; 22nd July 2008 at 09:31 AM.