Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default Any Pictorial Resources for Perfume Bottles/Boxes?

I enjoy antiquing/junk shop rifling on the weekend. Periodically, I'll come across bottles/boxes of perfume (mostly women's perfume).

What I'm wondering is how to identify them. For example, is that bottle of Joy I saw this weekend five months old? Or is it one of the bottles before it was reformulated?

That got me to wondering if there was some pictorial resource of bottles/boxes that identified the scent by year or production. Or some way to identify it.

But web searching has been little help, unless I want to troll through thousands of eBay listings. And I don't.

So, I turn to you. Is there a resource available? Either online or a book that would help identify those thrift store/antique store bottle and let me know if it's a rhinestone or a diamond?

Thanks!
    Brent

Catherine Deneuve: "You should put scent where you like to be kissed."

Default Re: Any Pictorial Resources for Perfume Bottles/Boxes?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoos View Post
    I enjoy antiquing/junk shop rifling on the weekend. Periodically, I'll come across bottles/boxes of perfume (mostly women's perfume).

What I'm wondering is how to identify them. For example, is that bottle of Joy I saw this weekend five months old? Or is it one of the bottles before it was reformulated?

That got me to wondering if there was some pictorial resource of bottles/boxes that identified the scent by year or production. Or some way to identify it.

But web searching has been little help, unless I want to troll through thousands of eBay listings. And I don't.

So, I turn to you. Is there a resource available? Either online or a book that would help identify those thrift store/antique store bottle and let me know if it's a rhinestone or a diamond?

Thanks!
    This is something I'd like to do on BN but wouldn't know where to start. would be a lot of work. Maybe send an email to the ipba - se if they can send some recs on books