Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default best organic shower gel?

which is the best brand that make shower gel with organic certified and with good price?
    #TOP 5#: Antico Caruso, Penhaligons Racquets,Creed BayRhum Vetiver,Domenico Caraceni,Castle Forbes 1445

Default Re: best organic shower gel?

Quote Originally Posted by Dry_Martini View Post
    which is the best brand that make shower gel with organic certified and with good price?
    I can only think of one that is truly organic. Luckily, it is also fabulous and low-priced. It is, of course, Dr. Bronner's: http://www.drbronner.com

I like using a moisturizing organic shower gel from White and Turner. They're a small local company where I'm from, but they're getting more and more popular because the products are so great. I don't know if they're certified organic yet, but I've spoken with them before and they can back up all their organic ingredients.

Hillaire

Jurlique.

Post Thanks / Like

Pangea, Kiss My Face, Avalon Organics, Tom's of Maine, Aubrey...all are good, although I am not sure any of them are 100% organic.

Anything by REN, especially the Moroccan Rose

TNMA
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

My shower gel is made of raw food materials... a brand called Dr. Alkaitis. Not cheap, but it's the best thing I've found. Other good brands include Dr. Hauschka, Living Nature, Jurlique, Weleda.

Post Thanks / Like

La Vanila is good, and amazing for the skin.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    I can only think of one that is truly organic. Luckily, it is also fabulous and low-priced. It is, of course, Dr. Bronner's: http://www.drbronner.com
    Wow, that IS an amazing price for an organic product. I wonder whether they sell in Europe?
    Ah, just found 'em. € 18 € for a 950ml body soap is still quite good! Apparently not yet available in Spain directly, but through European online-shops.
    Last edited by the_good_life; 24th May 2009 at 10:59 AM.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    Wow, that IS an amazing price for an organic product. I wonder whether they sell in Europe?
    Ah, just found 'em. € 18 € for a 950ml body soap is still quite good! Apparently not yet available in Spain directly, but through European online-shops.
    I hope that you get a chance to try it out. I am in love with the tea tree. Be aware, though, that it is a true castile soap (saponified olive oil) rather than a SLS-based shower gel, so the consistency may surprise you. It is pretty thin, but a small amount lathers well nonetheless. I would recommend a shower poof rather than a wash cloth.

While I'm on the subject, can I vent about other brands of supposedly "organic" shower gels? Organic is the most overused, most misunderstood marketing word in the world today. I hate to read yet another credulous blog post about ooh, this shower gel is organic and vegan, ooh! Then I actually go to the store or to the web site and read the ingredients, and it's just the same old SLS that's in dollar store shower gel. Sure, one ingredient is organic vegetable matter, but that doesn't cut it for me.

Now, I don't have anything against SLS-based shower gels. I like those, too, especially for every day. But when I'm in a natural foods store and I'm paying about $10 for a bottle, I want to actually get what I'm paying for.

Burts Bees and I second Dr. Bronners
    I send thee this sweet perfume a fragrance to the fragrant, as one would offer wine to the god of wine.