Code of Conduct

Default Body Kouros or Kouros Cologne Sport?

I'm trying to decide which one to buy, either Body Kouros or Kouros Cologne Sport. If you were in my shoes, what would you do? I only want to buy one. I have not sampled either before, but I have sampled Kouros before and feel like I know what I am getting into. Any thoughts?
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Body Kouros or Kouros Cologne Sport?

They are completely different.

I consider Kouros Cologne Sport a lighter version of Kouros. Personally, I love Kouros for being the strong and bold fragrance that it is - I see no need for a lighter version of it. But some people like Kouros Cologne Sport just for that reason.

Body Kouros is nothing like Kouros. It is more of an oriental/gourmand fragrance. I personally like this one a lot.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 22nd July 2008 at 11:01 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

YOu may like both. Body Kouros is a simplistic gourmand (and after watching what you like (code, very sexy, magnetism) Id say you would not hate it... but if you are after Kouros then Sport is the version to try.
    Last edited by irish; 22nd July 2008 at 11:46 PM.

My vote is for Kouros Cologne Sport. It's a lighter version of Kouros without the urine note IMO.

While you have an idea what you're getting with Cologne Sport, you have no idea what you are getting with Body Kouros.

Cologne Sport is a good all round, wear any time scent.

Body Kouros is a heavy sweet oriental, good for going out at nights. I wasn't that thrilled with Body Kouros when I first got it, but it took a while, and now think it's marvellous.
    Renato

Kouros Cologne Sport is another of the Kouros, Jr. genre. (Actually, of this genre, I prefer Kouros Fraicheur--but you didn't ask me that...)

Body Kouros, on my skin, is a very linear vanillic scent. But I can appreciate that it develops much better on others.

To gourmand, or NOT to gourmand? THAT is the question...
    Snarky is as snarky does.

They're both good, though nothing alike. Body Kouros has nothing to do with Kouros but the name. It's a nice sweet smoky spicy oriental. Kouros Cologne Sport is a lighter, fresher take on Kouros-- but it's a kind of spin off. The Cologne Sport editions are more of a departure than the Kouros Fraicheur, Kouros Summer, Kouros Tattoo etc. They are more like cousins to Kouros rather than descendants.

Kouros Cologne Sport is very crisp, minty and fresh. Yet, it still does have what I perceive to be quite an animalic, funky character-- oddly, more so than Kouros Tattoo IMO. This fragrance becomes its own entity rather than trying to simply be a fresh take on Kouros. It's really in some ways a fragrance like no other. I can't think of a single fragrance that smells like Kouros Cologne Sport.

I also want to add that Kouros Cologne Sport has one of the coolest bottles ever made. It cleverly reflects the classic Kouros stylings, and takes the design even further. The architecture of the bottle agrees completely with the contents.
    Last edited by Indie_Guy; 23rd July 2008 at 08:35 AM. Reason: added something.

And for that matter, Body Kouros has one of the ugliest, blandest, and just oddly shaped bottles ever made!

Body Kouros has a very "thick" texture to it, when you spray it on, it almost feels as if you've covered yourself in some skin tight vinyl that still reeks of vanilla and candle wax from the escapades of the night before at the local fetish club.

The smell itself isn't very 70's, but the texture and power of it is very 70's, IMO. Thick and suffocating. Whenever I wore it I always felt like "that guy" - y'know, the guy who is obviously wearing cologne for attention. It didn't matter if I went with 1 or 5 sprays, it was always too much.