Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Question Re: The review rating system is a bit buggered up...

Update? I have many reviews that need to be changed/altered. PLEEEEEASE!

Default Re: The review rating system is a bit buggered up...

Is the review editing always down?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Is the review editing always down?
    Maybe,

Trebor has 4000+ reviews and they're all negative, and they're all ************************

I'll take it that the review editing is down

Still not working... I am not complaining, since I greatly enjoy using Basenotes, and what's more, for free, but still it is quite inconvenient. Is there any way we can help?

Sorry to bump this old thread, but I'm wondering about review editing too as I found a typo (gahh!) that I'd like to (must!) fix, but I can't figure out how. I remember there being some kerfuffle about it a few months ago but I don't remember the resolution. Can we edit our reviews now...or is that perhaps only allowed for bnplus members?
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

I have a review editing problem,too. First, there is no editing option at the moment, correct? [It's not just me, or my status? Hard to tell b/c this editing feature thread goes so many years back]

When I view my review of Mecca (lby searching the Mecca reviews page) my review shows a neutral instead of a positive. But I noticed that when I click on all of my reviews, my review of Mecca shows up as positive (which was my intention).

I'm wondering-- it seems editing rarely works--is the site is going in the direction of phasing out editing or is it just a glitchy feature, still a work in progress?

I wonder, too, if editing ends up not being an option (or only an option for BN +--as someone suggested ) if we could have a chance to at least have one last pass at editing, or at least deleting our reviews.

It's so embarrassing to find typos, or to find a thumbs down mistakenly posted with a glowing review (something I see quite frequently). Not to mention that it would be nice to go back and add info (EDT vs EDP; change of heart; info on year of formulation, since scents change and review soften no longer match what is out there; sillage experiments; season experiments;and so on).

I confess I feel a bit nervous about the "carved in stone" status, as it were.
    Last edited by Nostalgie; 24th October 2010 at 02:20 PM.
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

I'm bumping this thread again hoping that someone can shed some light on it. Are we able to edit our own reviews?

Fwiw, I agree with Nostalgie; I doubt I'll be submitting anymore reviews if I can't edit them once they show up.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Another week, another bump.

I don't know whether to be shocked that nobody can answer this simple question, or hurt that nobody will. Have I unwittingly stumbled upon a forbidden topic? Please, someone here must know whether or not we can edit our reviews. If so, how? And if not, will that ever be changing?

Thanks - any help would be most appreciated!