Code of Conduct

Default Just got Kouros Eau D'Ete and Kouros Fraicheur

I decided to round out my Kouros collection. I already had Kouros, Kouros Tattoo, Kouros Cologne Sport and Kouros Cologne Sport Eau D'Ete. Today I got Kouros Eau D'Ete and Kouros Fraicheur.

Man, I'm kind of bummed out with Kouros Eau D'Ete (It's the one in the transparent Kouros bottle with the blue juice and the word "Kouros" written in a handwritten sort of font. The box has a drawing of an island horizon.) After a few hours of testing, this stuff smells pretty much IDENTICAL to Kouros Cologne Sport. I don't get any real difference at all! I was thinking it might be more like Kouros Tattoo, which feels like equal parts Kouros and Kouros Cologne Sport, but it's not. Man, I was hoping for more out of this one, but it just smells like Kouros Cologne Sport in a different bottle.

Kouros Fraicheur on the other hand (literally), has made me quite pleased. This one is really close to the original, and the differences are slight, but this one makes some nice adjustments-- might I even say, corrections. People talk a lot about the added pineapple note in Kouros Fraicheur, but I don't think that's the main event. What's interesting is the drydown. Where the original Kouros can go a bit sour with its patchouli, the Fraicheur dials back the patchouli and civet a notch and cranks up the vetiver. So the result is almost a clean, soil earthiness that's less animal, and more mineral. There is a bit of a strange, detached vanilla note in this one that surfaces from time to time and wanders around like a confused ghost, not quite knowing where to anchor itself, but it's a minor sideshow. Fraicheur is incredible.

Default Re: Just got Kouros Eau D'Ete and Kouros Fraicheur

Nice detailed review from you as always!

Hi! do you feel Fraicheur is a skin scent with poor lasting? i did get a tester sometime back and it didnt last on me atall, surprisingly, its the first YSl tht has poor lasting on me.

Where did you get the Fraicheur, if you don't mind me asking? I've never tried it but have always wanted to....

I just put Sport on one hand and Ete on the other. Sport has a fresh sharp note which is a more muted version of that in the original Kouros, both of which zing the back of my nose. It's not present in the Ete.

I keep sniffing one hand and then the other, while they are similar, I can tell them apart as Ete has a different dominant sharp note.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    I just put Sport on one hand and Ete on the other. Sport has a fresh sharp note which is a more muted version of that in the original Kouros, both of which zing the back of my nose. It's not present in the Ete.

I keep sniffing one hand and then the other, while they are similar, I can tell them apart as Ete has a different dominant sharp note.
    Renato
    I tested them side by side, and I guess there is some discernible difference, though it strikes me as slight. Ete is so mentholated that it's a bit irritating to me. Like smoking Menthol cigarettes. I take a whiff and it feels like it's crystallizing my lungs. That's why I suppose I like Tattoo so much, it's a fresh take on the Kouros concept, but it relies much less on mint overload than the Sports and Etes.

On the subject of Fraicheur, I got mine from Beauty Encounter. It lasts long on my skin and I like the drydown a lot. It's funny because it reminds me of something that one of my uncles wore. Regular Kouros doesn't give me the association, only Fraicheur does. Another quality I like about Fraicheur is that it has something that reminds me of a basin of hot fresh dishwater that hasn't been used yet. Something like dish soap. And I can't get over how much I love the clean, earthen vetiver in this.

I also want to ask this question: Is the Kouros Eau D'Ete (the edition with the altered typface Kouros logo) different smelling from earlier editions of Kouros Eau D'Ete?
    Last edited by Indie_Guy; 24th July 2008 at 09:47 AM.

Further to my test of yesterday, I was quite surprised. After 10 hours, the Ete was much stronger on my hand than the Cologne Sport was.
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 25th July 2008 at 12:37 AM.