Code of Conduct

Thread: Carthusia

Default Carthusia

I tried these scents a while back forgot about them then retried them. They are ok but none wowed me.

Mediterraneo and Carthusia Uomo are the only ones I found wearable for me. I didnt like Uomo much but Mediterraneo was a nice tart refresher with greens and a frosty herbal note. I can see this by my bedside as I groan each morning trying to get up. A spray and PRESTO I'm awake.

Cheers,
    Al
    Last edited by anak; 24th July 2008 at 12:29 AM.

Default Re: Carthusia

I have Numero Uno and I think it's an amazing chypre. Quality ingredients, amazing sillage and longevity. I also like the minty Io Capri.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 24th July 2008 at 12:36 AM.

I have Numero Uno and I think it's an amazing chypre. Quality ingredients, amazing sillage and longevity. I also like the minty Io Capri.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 24th July 2008 at 12:35 AM.

I loved it at first spritz (Uomo that is) then it settled down into something too familiar. GREAT sillage though not great with longevity on my skin however. Chypre's and me don't get along really. Shucks.

Cheers,
    Al

Well, I have tried them and did not find them appealing at all. They were all right, but not investment grade.

I have the Number Two and Le Cercle from Carthusia. They are still in their original bottles before it was redesigned and it still smells pretty good. I think Carthusia may have discontinued Le Cercle.
    Last edited by aubrgene; 24th July 2008 at 04:13 AM.
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

I recently came across this line shopping in Boston... unfortunately I was a bit too focused on other items to really give them proper attention, but the couple I tried (Io? Mediterraneo?) were very nice. One of these days....

I love Mediterraneo but not as much as to buy a full bottle of it. Unfortunately that's the only carthusia I've sampled so far, I really want to sample the UOMO as I've heard great things about it.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

I really like the Carthusia Uomo too (so much so, Ive blogged about it).
    Their line is uniquely Italian. Quality stuff!

Numero Uno, IO Capri, Corralium or Mediterraneo?

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    Numero Uno, IO Capri, Corralium or Mediterraneo?
    Love both Mediterraneo and Io Capri. Both are great, warm weather frags.
    "Christian Dior / You wasted your life
    On aroma and clothes / Fabric and dyes." Christian Dior - Morrissey

Recently found this line @ Barney's.....Numero Uno I very much like.....Uomo had some note in it that just did not sit well with me....I have yet to try 1681.....Three of the womens line of fragrances are amazing!.....Fiori di Capri (the wife loves it!), Gelsomini di Capri and Ligea La Sirena....This line of fragrances exudes quality!

I tried a number of them some years back when Nordstrom had a decent niche presence in their stores. I wore Ligea, which is the strongest of the women's fragrances. You have to like oppoponax for Ligea to like you.

Anyone tried the Corralium yet?

I've got a bottle of Uomo, Numero Uno and Mediterraneo Profumo (far better than the EDT one). I've tried their new 1681 which wasn't bad and also Corralium, but I thought it was too feminine, I didn't like it on my skin at all.