Code of Conduct

Default Ormonde Jayne is . . .

A genius. I'm writing an article about her line and tried her stuff out. Her men's scent blew me out of the water. Her woman's scent made me drool a puddle (I think even Hilary Clinton would come off as attractive wearing the scent). Her other scents were amazing too. Orris Noir for example was a mysterious glance into the art of seduction. Incense cutting across woods with a light fruit spice mixed in. Pure paradise. More on these later I'm stunned at the moment.

Cheers,
    Al

Default Re: Ormonde Jayne is . . .

I sold my Ormonde Man and now I am missing it.

Quit being an enabler, dude.... or else be my Santa and gimme some scent lovin'

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Hell yeah, Ormonde Man..........sultry, seduction in a bottle..........wonderful!

You may already know, but just in case: Ormonde Jayne is the name of the company, Linda Pilkington is the perfumer behind their creations.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Apparently Linda wasn't the actual perfumer it was Geza Schoen who had a hand in created her scents. For a number of years I was led to believe that Linda was the perfumer.
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Barry View Post
    Apparently Linda wasn't the actual perfumer it was Geza Schoen who had a hand in created her scents. For a number of years I was led to believe that Linda was the perfumer.
    Ah, got it
    Thanks
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Barry, is your source for that Turin's review of Isfarkand in his guide? Or some other?
    I didn't read that section as meaning that Schoen was responsible for the OJ scents, just that Iso E is heavilly used these days. Re-reading I could be wrong, but I see no reason that LT wouldn't have made that more overt?
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

I have no definitive information on who the perfumer is so I just meant the company, the force that is Ormonde Jayne.

Cheers,
    Al

Quote Originally Posted by anak View Post
    Her woman's scent made me drool a puddle (I think even Hilary Clinton would come off as attractive wearing the scent).
    Sure, and Janet Reno as well

Ta'if.
    Last edited by silverbullet; 24th July 2008 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet View Post
    Sure, and Janet Reno as well
    Nothing and i mean nothing, could ever make Janet Reno (shudders) attractive.

Well maybe after a bottle of scotch, a bag of good pot and an oxycontin. Of course you would need one or two paper bags and a very dark room as well!
    Last edited by ajmc; 25th July 2008 at 04:03 AM.

Orris Noir is something special. that civet note gives it so much character. I'm taking the plunge.. I think!
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    Barry, is your source for that Turin's review of Isfarkand in his guide? Or some other?
    I didn't read that section as meaning that Schoen was responsible for the OJ scents, just that Iso E is heavilly used these days. Re-reading I could be wrong, but I see no reason that LT wouldn't have made that more overt?
    I was actually given this information about 2 years ago by another perfumer, then when I read it in The Guide, I just guessed that the information must now be in the public domain.

If you read the review of Molecule 01 in The Guide, you will see that Dr Turin spells it out a little more clearly.

Barry
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

I was actually given this information about 2 years ago by another perfumer, then when I read it in The Guide, I just guessed that the information must now be in the public domain.

If you read the review of Molecule 01 in The Guide, you will see that Dr Turin spells it out a little more clearly.

Barry
    Ah yes, I see. Thanks Barry. I wonder why this happens? What is the benefit of keeping it out of the public domain? Do you have any idea?
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

reviews

Ditto, javagreen. anak, stop it.
    Now...where can I find this line? I've been very curious lately and your post sold me. I know I can get samples online but I like to "visit" the bottles in person to sample, if possible.

Ah yes, I see. Thanks Barry. I wonder why this happens? What is the benefit of keeping it out of the public domain? Do you have any idea?
    To be honest Hirch I don't know. Right from when I first got to know Linda, I was led to believe that she was the perfumer and then when she asked for my thoughts on the different mods for Ormonde Man, I was non the wiser. She had her little bottles of mods that I presumed she had created and she just asked for my advice on them. I presumed that she had been creating them upstairs above the shop. At least I know that I made the right decision with Ormonde Man because the one that I said was best, was the nearest one to the actual released fragrance.

Barry

Roja Dove

To be honest Hirch I don't know. Right from when I first got to know Linda, I was led to believe that she was the perfumer and then when she asked for my thoughts on the different mods for Ormonde Man, I was non the wiser. She had her little bottles of mods that I presumed she had created and she just asked for my advice on them. I presumed that she had been creating them upstairs above the shop. At least I know that I made the right decision with Ormonde Man because the one that I said was best, was the nearest one to the actual released fragrance.

Barry
    Sounds like an eye opening experience Barry. Ormonde man is a very good frag, well done for your input on that. This story makes me suspicious about all sorts of things. Especially those beginning with C and ending with reed.

reviews

Sounds like an eye opening experience Barry. Ormonde man is a very good frag, well done for your input on that. This story makes me suspicious about all sorts of things. Especially those beginning with C and ending with reed.
    Definitely! Infact I say that even if other more "respected" noses aren't behind the C-reeds, Creed should start attaching the names of noses like Ellena, Bourdon, etc. to their frags. Then see how the pendulum swings and every Creed gets rave reviews even from the most hardcore french nose lovin' ravin' and blogging perfumista

I know I sidetracked this thread a bit but I couldnt resist - I am in a devious mood
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Definitely! Infact I say that even if other more "respected" noses aren't behind the C-reeds, Creed should start attaching the names of noses like Ellena, Bourdon, etc. to their frags. Then see how the pendulum swings and every Creed gets rave reviews even from the most hardcore french nose lovin' ravin' and blogging perfumista

I know I sidetracked this thread a bit but I couldnt resist - I am in a devious mood
    LOL ZZ. You make a very good point.

reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
    Well maybe after a bottle of scotch, a bag of good pot and an oxycontin. Of course you would need one or two paper bags and a very dark room as well!
    LOL!!

I remember ordering samples from the OJ's sample program about a year ago. The women's scents were VERY beautiful. Out of the feminines, I liked Frangipani, Osmanthus and Tolu the most.
    The masculines didn't move me at all.
    Orris Noir is on my wishlist.

Quote Originally Posted by Quixotiq View Post
    LOL!!

I remember ordering samples from the OJ's sample program about a year ago. The women's scents were VERY beautiful. Out of the feminines, I liked Frangipani, Osmanthus and Tolu the most.
    The masculines didn't move me at all.
    Orris Noir is on my wishlist.
    I ve just smelled Frangipani on paper and I am really excited about it. Have you worn it for a day? Would you? Could you?

Ormonde Man is an out and out masterpiece but I have not warmed in the same way to OJ's other male fragrances, Isfarkand and Zizan. I find I am a much bigger fan of the feminine ones, especially Ta'if and Orris Noir, which can both be happily worn by a man. I suspect Tolu and Champaca are also similar in this respect.
    THE BEST OF 2009 to date Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumiere Noire Pour Homme, Cologne Pour Le Soir, Annick Goutal Mandragore Pourpre

REDISCOVERING CLASSICS - AGAIN!:- , Guerlain Derby, L'Artisan Premier Figuier