Default SotD Saturday July 26th

Divine's calm and beautiful L'Homme de Cœur

Enjoy your weekend
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Default Re: SotD Saturday July 26th

Scarlett - Keiko Mecheri

Kenzo Summer today. It's going to be a HOT day! (Going shopping later and may or may not add something to my perfume collection and later I've got to do some work things too)

Good morning!

May or may not, Nukapai? Go for it, at least sniff at your heart's content, it is all for work anyhow (you are planning to wear it to work too, right? ).

JL Scherrer.

Best of the weekends to the ComDivas and everybody!

Well, Twolf, given that I will be working from home this afternoon... yes

Probably going to get worky stuff out of the way first so I don't have anything to worry about.

"Calm and beautiful", Brotha? Sounds great.

I want to feel calm and beautiful as well so.....
    Jicky
    EDT for this warm day.
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

SL Rousse to satisfy my cinnamon craving.

Have a wonderful weekend, all!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Basenotes Plus

Maître Parfumeur et Gantier Ambre Précieux
    Notes: myrtle, lavender, amber, vanilla, nutmeg, ambergris, peru balsam, tolu

Enjoy your Saturday, everyone.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

EL Bali Dream for a HOT day. Have had two showers already, but I still smell like the basenotes of BD is sweat...

Have a fab Saturday, everyone! :bounce:

Voleur de Roses. Staying at home while everyone else seems to have gone away. Have a relaxing weekend!

Tom Ford Black Orchid for me today...I'M lovin' this at the moment

Good morning all Yesterday we ended up at my bf's bestfriend's house and had a liiittlle bit too much to drink,so feel a bit weird today.Later today I will pick up a 60's dress that a woman has been doing some changes on to fit my figure Looking forward to get it! In an attempt to feel less shabby today I'm in Chergui.Hope you all have a great saturday.

Attending a wedding today (outdoor garden wedding), so I'm choosing EL's Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia. It will be a much classier affair than the demolition derby from last night !!!

I'm tellin' ya', just when you think you've seen 'em all...I couldn't beleive the mullets, ponytails, rattails, and mohawks on people. Not to mention the clothes! Tops too low ~ or too tight ~ shorts too short ~ or too tight!!! ~ and I think my husband & I were the only one's over the age of 12 without tattoos! Where do these people come from? Maybe I'm totally oblivious...at any rate, the people watching was as crazy as the smashed up cars! Tons of fun!

Yep, a wedding today will be the opposite extreme! Have a great Saturday y'all!!!!!

Ms. ComDiva - Didn't say it yesterday so I'll say it today - Happy Anniversary!!!!

And thank you for the YSL Paris Roses Enchentees. (the 2005 LE flaker to Paris).

This is a really interesting study in roses - veering on the clean side with a pretty clean (yet not particularly soapy) musk drydown.

ineespenes - Joining you in fuzzyland this morning after the first blue crab feast of the summer!
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

I slipped easily into Grey Flannel earlier as SotD
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

A big thank you to Twolf for introducing Histoire D'eau Mauboussin, it is a very lovely oriental with a kink of leather. I am totally in love with this. It is definately bottle worthy!

At night, I tested the Comme des Garcons 888, it is not absurd like some of the other . common CdG creations. It has a minty opening with a bit of herbal woodsy undertone. I find it very wearable.

Spent last evening sniffing from wrist to forearm and back again on both arms - sampling marine scents (reported on yesterday's SotD.) Got up this morning - looked at my modest collection and pounced on

Azuree Soleil Eau Fraiche Skinscent
    and said to self, "Self - what's with the sampling? You got it!"
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Joining the fuzzyhead crew as the engagement party of last night took its toll.
    Still reliving some of my conversation with Chaya in my head.
    To start the day we are taking the poodles for their bath and a haircut, not their favorite activity.
    So for that activity I am wearing:

Beth Terry Creative Universe Mare

This is my Saturday work scent it is light and lovely on me.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Feeling 90% today and have selected the not-too-anything Bel Respiro for a comfortable fit whilst I traipse around town: P.O., buying a mattress pad for our brand new queen-size bed (dog sleeps with us and things had gotten absurdly uncomfortable on the full-size bed.

Beautiful weekend wishes to all.

Nothing in the morning/arvo :O. I woke up really late, even slept through a plumber fixing our shower (regrouting and everything!) Had a long soak in a bubble bath this evening which I scented with fragrance oils - violet, ylang ylang and a bit of patchouli. Left me smelling pretty good but I sprayed FCUK Her rather lavishly over it. Much prettier than it's name, kinda boring though.

Loving you all, and busy as all HELL.
    At work !
    Giving chemo, doing end-of-life palliative care, and constant 'breastfeeding' of a 22 yo girl with conversion hysteria, brain tumor, and multiple psych issues, on seizure monitoring....
    Other than THAT, I'm just picking my bum, LOL...
    Thank God, I'm pretty good at this]

Wish I were washing poodles !

Patou Forever.

Just got back from a good friend's 21st. It was tons of fun and very entertaining! He even had slushie machines with alcoholic slushies! I've got a terrible sweet tooth (in EVERYTHING, not just fragrance!) so maybe went a teeeensy bit overboard on the alcoholic slushies. Oh, and before the party the man at the bottle shop gave me a discount. I must have been looking hot haha.

Anyway! A day spent packing away things to take back with me to the student residence at University tomorrow, and then getting ready for the party. No fragrance for earlier in the day, but I wore SL Un Bois Vanille for the party. Yum yum!

I just got back from taking my 3rd (and hopefully final, if I pass) Virginia teaching exam. I feel like I've been through the wringer - sheesh! My brain cells are ossifying with age, I just know it. That test was hard! I'm wearing a tiny bit of Aqua Allegoria Figue-Iris this morning, but an afternoon of mad sampling is in order to reward myself.

Ubu - Lol @ your description of county fair demolition derby attendees. Good place to people watch I imagine. See any 5-year olds with mohawks?

SMM - My dog went to the groomer on Thursday - she's still giving me the cold shoulder over it.

Have a great weekend, everybody!

What with testing new fragrances, etc., I have not worn Coco Mademoiselle in ages. So that's what I'm wearing today, running some errands, going to see newborn premature baby girl twins (they weighed 2 lbs. but are doing well) born to my dh's cousin on Wednesday, then Mom's 92nd birthday party!

Decided today would be sampling day. Showered and now wearing BPAL's Rose Cross.
    Again, courtesy of ScentMother ComDiva.

Rose and Frankinscence. I think there's a hint of leather in here to. The top notes on this thing are to die for!

The more I test, the more I find I prefer my roses spicy, sweet and just a bit dirty.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Basenotes Plus

Oh....Rose Cross is a beautiful fragrance. Enjoy it sakecat!

Chaya...emmm...You have got to call me & explain this "breastfeeding" thingie. You've had some errr "interesting" patients but I never, ever heard you mention this one before.

My SOTD is FRACAS parfum, the only tuberose I adore.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    See any 5-year olds with mohawks?
    Sad to say, I saw a few. The other thing that creeped me out was a pre-schooler (boy) with a pierced ear !

BTW - good for you, using those brain cells! Be sure to reward yourself, generously!
    Last edited by ubuandibeme; 26th July 2008 at 04:30 PM. Reason: addition

I'm wearing Origins Shedonism. Stupid name, but it smells wonderful.

Chayaleh - your chesed fills me with awe. You are an inspiration. I do not have your courage.
    Last edited by Tovah; 26th July 2008 at 04:39 PM.

Apres L'ondee

Sampling Creed Irisia. it smells old fashioned, but we'll see how it evolves...
    ~*~*~*~*~
    One by one the lava lamps are stealing my sanity...

pour homme
    (1976)

summer means fireflys

I'm scent twins with SMM today :wave: I'm also wearing Beth Terry Creative Universe Mare.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Today I wore DK Cashmere Mist, hadn't worn it for an age, was fairly pleased with my decision.
    Never judge anyone until you have walked a mile in their shoes

AL Moss. I have tried to enjoy this for over a year and just couldn't tolerate it. It made me queasy. Today... LOVIN' it. (I think I was applying too much before; this is some powerful stuff.)
    Another belief of mine; that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise.

Margaret Atwood

Today I am inspired to wear:

Parfumerie Generale L'Oiseau de Nuit (from a sample)

It is my first full wearing after sampling it one evening last week. On first application, it is sweet but not cloying--sort of like a high-end confection (merengue, maybe?). At the same time, it is leathery, a little smoky-incensy, and a bit dry. The dryness reminds me of Parfum d'Empire Ambre Russe and also Tauer's L'Air du Desert Morocain.

It seems to have alot going for it. Only problems--the longevity is really not so great, and the price is high! It really lost its oomph about 4 hours later, and I applied liberally from a dabber tester. Drydown is a very close, sweet skin scent, probably a sweet musk.

EDIT: I keep thinking that this smells familiar, like something I have tested before, and I think I know what it is--Estee Lauder Pleasures Delight. I will do a comparison soon and give my report! Certainly the PG is very upscale, probably with expensive ingredients. But that sweet and dry sensation I get--I am pretty sure it is similar to the EL, at least in the beginning stages.
    Last edited by Asha; 26th July 2008 at 09:31 PM.

Gap White Amber (poor girl's Meil de Bois!).
    ~Grenouille knew for certain that unless he possesed this scent, his life would have no meaning.~
    Perfume: The Story of a Murderer

Miss Dior edt

Nukapai - what a great blog!!

Quarry - my Kids bought a king size for the same reason. They've got their Chesapeake Lab, plus the cat and (occasionally) TWMAG!! (Glad you're feeling better.)

Chaya - your halo's waiting. Like Tovah said - you're an inspiration.

{I am tiptoeing here so's not to rattle you guys with hangovers!!)

Lilybelle - bravo on the exams. And your puppy will get over the sulks. Eventually.

As for me - the postman brought a delightful little packet - wrapped in leopard print tissue and holding smellicious treasures! The upshot of which I am granted my wish to re-sample Angel (the extrait) without putting out coin!! Oddly I get roses - and something sharp (maybe bergamot) and a bit of skank. But no chocolate - and no vanilla. I'm weird.

Manymany thanx Ubu - you da bomb!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Taolady - 'smellicious' what a fab word! Got to start using that one.

Wore Pleasures Delight for daytime, my new Ambra Del Nepal for evening and now have D&G Feminine spritzed on my shoulders. Fragnificent! I know that's not half as good as smellicious.........

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.
    This morning was spent in
    Ralph Lauren • Ralph HOT
    and now I'm enoying
    Montale • Mukhalat
    Autumn treasures: Magnetism, Midnight Orchid, Tea for Two,
    Aimez-Moi, Chinatown, Dzongkha, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre,
    Cittá di Kyoto, Jasmin de Nuit, Jasmin Full, Kelly Calèche, Venezia,
    Douce Amère, Eau de Charlotte, Falling In Love, Chergui, Prada,
    Rose Alexandrie, Hypnôse, Omnia, Flowerbomb, Poivre Piquant,
    Cuir Beluga, 7:15am in Bali, Lolita Lempicka, Fumerie Turque,
    Datura Noir, Songes, Gaultier², L'Ombre Fauve, Kors, My Couture,
    Ligea "La Sirena", Red Aoud, Rose Absolu, Cèdre, Milk, No. 23

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bending backwards is like falling in love, come bend with me

The mind is like a drunken monkey, it constantly jumps here and there.

Swami Niranjan-ananda

"Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think."
    Dhammapada

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Bombay Sapphire Infusion as SotE in honor of our Bombay, India BNer jenson's reaching the 1000 post milestone.
    Last edited by kbe; 27th July 2008 at 01:00 AM.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

One hundred and fr***ing eight degrees outside today, had to be Imperial Opoponax for the evening.

Musse, looking at your new avatar I was thinking about shadesofbleu, do not even know why.

Mr.T was tinkering (tinks, nothing personal, OK?) with the leaking washer today following his infamous motto "If it is not broken, fix it till it is" and now, guess what? Right, no washer. I have nothing else but just dream of how white my nail tips are going to be until the second week of August (end of billing period on the Credit Card).

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    "If it is not broken, fix it till it is"
    LOL!!! That is Mr. Musse´s motto, too...

I visited a friend this evening, and noticed that she smelled soo good (she usually never wears perfume), and when I asked her what she was wearing, she told me it was "someting from a tiny blue bottle", and insisted that she had gotten it from me a couple of years back. I had no idea what it could be, but when she showed me the bottle, it turned out to be a mini of Beyond Paradise.
    Once back home again, I immediately logged into my Fragrancex account and placed an order on 1 oz.
    It´s so easy; log in, find frag, place order, log out. Done in less than five min.
    I cannot afford buying more frags!!!

SotE/N is D&G Feminine.

*off to change my avatar* :wave: at Shades

The New Prive.....Oranger Alhambra and an instant compliment .
    Gary

Sunflowers

Posting late today. I wore TDC Osmanthus to the gym today. SotE was the beautiful Cherugi, went out to dinner and to see The Dark Knight with my Mom and Hubby ( my kids and my Dad are out of town so Mom was a little lonely).

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    Nukapai - what a great blog!!
    Thank you, Taolady!

Went to the big outlet mall near me and tested the following:

Givenchy Pi Neo---Too light on me and wasn't very impressive.
    Tom Ford Black Orchid Voile de Fleur----This is really nice and I might like it better than Black Orchid
    Armani Attitude---Liked this better than I thought I would
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

summer means fireflys

Quote Originally Posted by musse View Post
    <snip>
    *off to change my avatar* :wave: at Shades

awwww ... You didn't have to change your avatar for me I did notice it though and liked it very much.
    I've trademarked the color bleu