Code of Conduct

Default Could anyone recommend make-up and/or powder for combination skin?

I need to buy new make-up and powder now.
    I have combination skin, my cheeks are dry and the T zone is oily.

Could anyone recommend me any make-up and/or powder which makes skin looking naturally matte but not powdery
    and which lasts long even on the T zone?

I used for some time Mary Kay products but i want to change it now.
    Last edited by lalalali; 26th July 2008 at 04:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Could anyone recommend make-up and/or powder for combination skin?

BeneFit Get Even pressed powder is great for me. It keeps oil breakthrough away longer than any powder I've ever used. I've been using Paula's Choice Sheer Matte Tint lately as foundation (I use PC skin care products) and it's very nice in hot weather. I definitely still need powder, but it's not nearly as greasy as other foundations and it doesn't get dry or flaky.

Hi Tovah,
    thank you for recommendation, i will check benefit. We do not have Paula Choice in the Czech Republic:-( but i should go to London in few weeks so i will have a look if they sell it there.

Does anyone have any experience with Clinique, Estee Lauder or Chanel products?

Hi, Lalilali. I have combination skin, too. I keep it simple and just use one product - Philosophy's "The Supernatural Airbrushed Canvas". Philosophy's product names are pretty silly, but I do like some of their things, including this makeup!

Post Thanks / Like

I've JUST been going through this very thing and am now trying Estee Lauder's Double Wear liquid foundation after reading great things about it on Makeupalley.com. (This is a great resource if you don't already know about it, for cosmetic ideas, ratings, reviews, and even for fragrance reviews too). I used to use GloMinerals, which is great in EVERY other way except it leaves me oily and transfers, so I thought I'd try something new.

So I'm in my second week of using the Estee Lauder Double Wear liquid foundation and I think I like it--it's taking a little getting used to applying, but it is REALLY controlling the oilies and keeping ON my skin rather than transferring to other places each time I touch my face, or sneeze into a kleenex. They have both transparent and colored powders, loose and compact, and also a Double Wear powder foundation. I'll be checking into those too soon, but just wanted to try the foundation first. The SA color matched me at Nordstroms and used a foundation brush to put it on, which I bought, but when I got home and tried using the brush myself I ended up looking like I'd painted a wall, all streaky. So OUT with the brush, and now that I've used my fingers to apply it is seems to go on really well. It's very rich and covers well--I'm using a light hand and applying it over my sunscreen (Anthelios XL Extreme 50+) and it's been good, with a little loose powder to finish it all. So far so good.

But check out Makeupalley and see what other people have to say too! It's how I find out just about everything about makeup.

Good luck!

Lancome's Teint Idole works well on my combination skin and I am sure you can find it in the Czech Republic.

Post Thanks / Like

Paula's Choice is available online (www.cosmeticscop.com). I really like her toners and exfoliants, although I haven't tried her makeup.

Makeup Alley is a great suggestion. Personally, I've found that finding the HG foundation is even harder than finding the HG frag!

FWIW, my current favorite is Revlon Age Defying Light Makeup with SPF 30. However, it might not be the ticket for you--it's light coverage (although you can make it heavier by doing two layers), and it's not matte, although it doesn't make my T-zone look shiny, either.
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

Post Thanks / Like

Paula's Choice does have a Europe site, http://www.paulaschoice-eu.com/, but, depending on shipping, customs, etc. that may be more trouble than it's worth.

If you want foundation with medium to full coverage, you may not like BeneFit foundations. Their Get Even powder is terrific, but their foundations are really tinted moisturizers with very sheer coverage. They can be too oily in warm weather, too. But, if you find it, definitely try a sample of Get Even. The coverage, for me, lasts remarkably long and it really keeps oil controlled.

For years, I used Clinique Stay True Makeup Oil Free Formula (in Stay Sunny). My skin looked completely flawless with this stuff, but I stopped using it because I wanted a foundation that has spf 15. I haven't used Estee Lauder in a few years, but I remember that I liked Equalizer and Double Matte. l love Chanel fragrances, but I've had terrible luck with Chanel makeup; it's either too dry or too greasy, and I can't seem to find a good color match - but that's just me, of course.

Good luck in your findings!

Hi all,
    thank you very much for all the recommendations.
    I will try lancome and estee lauder and check the websides.

Have a nice day.