Code of Conduct

Default YSL L'Homme Eau d't

Well, what can I say? I tested this "flanker" today on my right wrist, wishing it would be a bit different from its older brother, but it let me down. I wonder why did they bother making this? $$$ should be spent for a better one that draws old YSL fans back for life, not the one that is so similar to another from the same house. Isn't this boring and a rip-off?

YSL L'Homme Eau d't is a 100% mainstream citrus scent that lasts about 5 hours, and I find it stronger than the original, which is unusual for a 'Eau d't' formula. If I was offered to try it blindly, I would have thought it was a scent from Tommy Hilfiger, or, CK, not YSL ever. Where's the 'class' of YSL creation? Has it gone with the wind? Would it ever return? Only time will tell.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Default Re: YSL L'Homme Eau d't

I have not tested this yet but I can only nod in agreement with you.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Quote Originally Posted by KiatBkk View Post
    Where's the 'class' of YSL creation? Has it gone with the wind? Would it ever return? Only time will tell.
    never sniffed....so cant comment. but your above quote, does it stand true for Lhomme too...?

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    never sniffed....so cant comment. but your above quote, does it stand true for Lhomme too...?
    Well, L'Homme is at average to me. It's not bad, but just not YSL IMO. I have a bottle, and don't see myself buying it again.

To answer your question, yes it also stands true to what I said.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

awright

I have tested both and I agree. They are too similar to buy both fragrances. The only difference is perhaps more fruity notes and a little less sillage than the older bottle. Now, while it definitely is not the creation basenoters would expect, it certainly is above most Mainstream fragrances. It is a good seller (both versions) and quite versatile: It can be worn with a suit or with a pair of Jeans.
    It is so much like when platinum egoiste was in the middle of antaeus, pour monsieur and egoiste. Not as original and daring as its older brothers but still quite good.

Blog Entries

I do like L'Homme, but this doesn't sound like the kind of flanker that warrants a second bottle. Kind of like Bulgari Aqua Marine - if you have the Aqua already, no reason to add a second bottle with a hint of dead seaweed added.

I'll test it, to be fair, but any great expectations are now off the table.