Code of Conduct

Exclamation New Joop Fragrance - Wolfgang Joop for men

I have some new information to share which I friend passed on to me...

Yes, a new men's scent will be launched by the house of Joop! that will carry the name of brands founder -Wolfgang Joop.

Thought Wolfgang sold the right to his company in the very early 90's he was asked by the company Joop! to consult on this fragrance.

The last fragrances which Wolfgang had artistic in put on was his famous Joop! Homme and the female counter part Joop! Femme.

The men's fragrance portfolio is the most successful for the company therefore it was logical to launch a men's scent and possible women's version down the road.

Wolfgang himself will be included in the adverting. The scent is to a have modern baroque feeling. Inspiration was pulled from Wolfgang himself and his love and collection of items from the era.

The bottle (which I have not seen yet) is fluted and the jus a deep amber orange. The scent is described as containing oranges, lavender, coriander, vetiver, sandalwood and cinnamon, on a base of patchouli and tobacco.

Last edited by scentimus; 27th July 2008 at 02:58 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: New Joop Fragrance - Wolfgang Joop for men

Thanks scentimus! The notes definitely sound intriguing. I guess I'll be in the minority here if I say Joop! Pour Homme is a work of art.
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

The notes look good to me too. And since it has a modern baroque feeling that is more interesting now as I like baroque music. Just wishing it won't smell too old.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Sounds interesting. I can't stand the original, but love Nightflight. I love the smell of Jump on paper, but when I wore it I got an incredible headache. Go was pretty much the same as Joop Jump, and unfortunately I never got a chance to smell What About Adam.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Quote Originally Posted by mudassir View Post
    Thanks scentimus! The notes definitely sound intriguing. I guess I'll be in the minority here if I say Joop! Pour Homme is a work of art.
    Much too lazy to log in and contribute today, thought about just lurking until I read this thread. I'm very excited for this new scent if the notes in this new fragrance are as reported. And Mudassir, I completely agree with your assessment that Joop! Pour Homme is art, regardless of how "unpopular" that may be to say on these forums!
    Doctor, doctor...what is wrong with me...?

All I can say in my comment is - this show how much house Joop! and Coty need Wolfgang's creativity back. A company that distanced itself from its creater for the longest time - eats crow.

As arrogant and full of himself he is they need him to help their dying fragrance line. The company has yet to have the success and unique creativity they had with Joop! Homme.

Do I feel this scent is the magic pill? No, with how the men's fragrance market is so completive now I am sure Coty Prestige had the final say - instead of looking to chart new territory and make their own niche they will settle for competing with Aqua di Gio & Allure Sport.

I have to say that the visuals do nothing for me.
    Could this be Joop!'s answer to rival German house Boss's more mature "Baldessarini" line?

Whatever the case, Im uninspired to race out and try it purely and simply based on the kack ad campaign. *shrugs*

The notes do sound nice in this scent..... I am not a fan of Joop Homme but I do believe that this is a fantastic fragrance.....it's just not for me.
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by mudassir View Post
    Joop Homme is a cultural phenomenon that still goes on. Took an obscure German firm to worldwide success. I'm looking forward to this one.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Thrax

I love the original Joop! and I cannot wait for this one to come out!!!!!!

Sur la Plage

Has anyone tried this yet? I see it for sale at Frankfurt Duty Free.

Eau de Toilette Spray 50 ml 41.00 EUR
    Eau de Toilette Spray 90 ml 56.00 EUR
    Deodorant Stick 75 g 18.00 EUR
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Talking Re: New Joop Fragrance - Wolfgang Joop for men

You saw it for sale at the duty free and didn't try it? You heretic! LOL! Don't you know you're supposed to try everything at the duty free before you get on the plane?

Thanks for the info!!
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by graffham View Post
    You saw it for sale at the duty free and didn't try it? You heretic! LOL! Don't you know you're supposed to try everything at the duty free before you get on the plane?

Thanks for the info!!
    Actually, I see it for sale on the Frankfurt Duty Free website. A fellow BNer was flying through there and was asking for some fragrances to sample/purchase.

If I was there, every square inch of available body real estate would have been covered in new releases
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I just caught a whiff of the topnotes at the perfumery - synthetic fruity orange. Any curiosity was thereby allayed.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Unhappy Re: New Joop Fragrance - Wolfgang Joop for men

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    I just caught a whiff of the topnotes at the perfumery - synthetic fruity orange. Any curiosity was thereby allayed.
    Oh, damned! So many releases these last several weeks and not a one that has tempted me to purchase!

I already have the new Wolfgang Joop (tester-sample). It goes like D&G The One for Men...just that you can get a picture. It is sexy grapefruit-orange-fresh-sweet-orientel!!! I have to test it again.

I also tried the new Prada Infusion d´Homme (it´s kinda weak...the first Prada Amber Pour Homme is much better), Guerlain Homme and Kenzo Power.
    At the end I bought Montale Red Vetyver.

For the ladies out there...the new Jean Paul Gaultier MaDame is sooo sexy...I wore it yesterday by myself :-)

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by P-Natra View Post
    For the ladies out there...the new Jean Paul Gaultier MaDame is sooo sexy...I wore it yesterday by myself :-)
    I like that one too! I think it is much better then the recent men's release Monsieur Eau du Matin.

Quote Originally Posted by P-Natra View Post
    I already have the new Wolfgang Joop (tester-sample). It goes like D&G The One for Men...just that you can get a picture. It is sexy grapefruit-orange-fresh-sweet-orientel!!! I have to test it again.

I also tried the new Prada Infusion d´Homme (it´s kinda weak...the first Prada Amber Pour Homme is much better), Guerlain Homme and Kenzo Power.
    At the end I bought Montale Red Vetyver.

P-Natra, we gotta hook up. I am in the Nord-Rhein Wesfallen area, but I will be down in the Munich area soon. I will PM you.

I tried this today and after my first whiff, I covered my entire body in it.
    It smells like a sweeter stronger version of Dunhill Pursuit, a well balanced citrus sweet and manly spicy. And it has a vanilla edge to it. I absolutely love it, and would have bought it instantly except I was low on euros and I am really trying to downsize.
    If anyone wants it, let me know, I can do better than the duty free prices listed above. Just PM me.
    Keep Smelling Good
    ANDREW

so, finally its bein announced for the american market?
    has been out here for more than 2 weeks i think.
    tried it pretty thoroughly and like it.
    smells alot like the jump scent to me just upscaled for the more mature crowd and made a bit more interesting with spices and herbs..
    joop calls it a 'sexy, timeless and addictive, woody oriental'
    well i thought jump was already a sexy timeless oriental so just woodier
    well, i cant complain-i LOVE jump and i do like wolfgang joop VERY much however im gonna wait a few months until they have reasoned the price a bit.

"Andrewthecologneguy; I tried this today and after my first whiff, I covered my entire body in it."

I just had to reply as I could just picture Andrew going hog-wild with the bottle! Thanks for the laugh and the imagery!
    Last edited by graffham; 11th September 2008 at 06:36 PM.

D&G The One
    Dunhill Pursuit
    Joop Jump

Wellll all three have been compared to Wolfgang Joop for men but none of the above smell much like each other. Jump initially was gross but grew on me. Now I think its a fun scent.

Cheers,
    Al

Is this going to be released in the USA? I know that Jump made it to JCPenney's.

I am not a Joop Fan at all....maybe there is hope for Joop.....This sounds good for sure....
    Gary

have at tester here since 2 weeks anf find it sweet & fruity.

nice but not for me. I would buy it more for my wife or sister.
    Last edited by sanatik; 30th September 2008 at 05:00 PM.
    "Wow, I've never smelled anything like that before."