Code of Conduct

Default M7 ingredients? (not notes)

Hi all!

I now have to count myself among those few perfume lovers who also love IFRA: i am allergic to many of the substances they recommend not using.. I'm interested in getting a bottle of YSL M7, but I can't find any list of the ingredients (not notes). If any of you happens to own a bottle, I would sincerely appreciate if you could tell me whether (based on the list on the box) it contain any of: evernia prunastri (oakmoss), evernia furfuracea (treemoss), cinammyl alcool, cinammal, or eugenol.

Thanks alot!!
    b

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: M7 ingredients? (not notes)

On my bottle of M7, it states:

Alcohol, Aqua (Water), Parfum (Fragrance), Limonene, Linalool, Alpha-Methyl Ionone, Benzophenone-1, Geraniol, Eugenol, Citral, Isoeugenol, Coumarin, "1YK03-1".

So it does include eugenol.

Hello and welcome to Basenotes,
    My bottle of M7 must be from an earlier batch. The list of ingredients isn't very elaborate. It lists only
    Benzophenone-1 aside from aqua and parfum.
    My M7 Fresh bottle has a more complete list and of the ones you mention, only has eugenol listed. I'm not sure which scent note eugenol is responsible for but I think it'll be hard to find a fragrance without that. I see it everywhere.
    Perhaps other members will have better information.
    RM

Hey guys! Thanks so much for your help!

R_M: Older bottles are a pain: it seems like they randomly picked one or two ingredients they felt like revealing to the public, without thinking too much about why anyone would bother reading the list: Benzophenone-1 doesn't show up on any list of problematic substances, which makes me wonder why they felt like mentioning it - based on HarryC's list, it doesn't even appear as the fragrance's most prominent ingredient...

HarryC: your list is just what I needed. Eugenol alone isn't the most problematic thing for me, which means the only test for knowing whether I could wear it would be to order a sample online and to apply a generous dose for a few days in a row. I guess this is what I'll do! Thanks again!

cheers,
    b