Code of Conduct

Default Why Loewe isnt popular in USA?

For my taste, Loewe have great fragances, specially ESENCIA.... Its a very high level brand in Europe.

I m really surprised why nobody knows about it in USA...
    Why is not popular in USA?

Default Re: Why Loewe isnt popular in USA?

solo, esencia & para hombre, all are really wonderful and most importantly, Unique scents! for wht its worth, heres my vote!

Blog Entries

I think its the marketing. They aren't really marketed at all over here. It should be easy for them to increase the recognition if they chose to. Narciso Rodriguez is holding up pretty well in the USA. All Loewe has to do is emphasize he was at Loewe before going independent- and perhaps emphasize his work in any of the fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by tonysoprano100 View Post
    For my taste, Loewe have great fragances, specially ESENCIA.... Its a very high level brand in Europe.

Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

I really have to disagree that it's popular over here (Netherlands, Western Europe). It's hard to find at normal stores and if it's found, then it's regarded as a normal designer frag.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Marketing, Position Image of the brand... The style of its best fragrances is just not that popular, it is not hip.

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    solo, esencia & para hombre, all are really wonderful and most importantly, Unique scents! for wht its worth, heres my vote!
    These are the 3 Loewe fragrances I own, and I agree they are WONDERFUL. I like the fact that I haven't smelled them on anyone else in my social/business circles.

tonysoprano100, I purchased Esencia on your recommendation and I am in love with it. Gracias, amigo!
    Snarky is as snarky does.

Aire Loewe is a favorite of mine.

Dependent

The only one available to me is in my collection and that would be solo, which i absolutely would get back up bottles of. Loewe is huge in EU that im sure, but they are more of a novelty rarity in Asia, compared to the power house label giants like Dior, LV chanel etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Stereotomy View Post
    I really have to disagree that it's popular over here (Netherlands, Western Europe). It's hard to find at normal stores and if it's found, then it's regarded as a normal designer frag.
    Douglas carries it, I haven't seen any Douglas shop without the full line of Loewe.

It's doing okay here in Thailand, and I've tried ESENCIA, which is brilliant IMO, but not really for me. It's for the well-dressed older crowd, but also suits the business meeting for any range of age. I can recall I kept sniffing my wrist that day, but still don't want a bottle, maybe in 2018 I will want one.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Agua de Loewe kicks butt. It lasts for a few centuries and the sillage seems to cover a 20 metre radius! It's quite scary.
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

I have a sample of Solo, but I thought it was nothing groundbreaking. I'll try the rest!
    A

Newbie discovering the wonderful world of perfume

Looking for; http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=210771
    and
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=214089

Quote Originally Posted by tonysoprano100 View Post

It's a high level brand in Europe, I would agree. At the same time it is very difficult to find a single shop that carries one Loewe fragrance, or two. Like A.Dominguez, the company hasn't really been trying to export to the rest of Europe. Maybe they think the market is too crowded there already. All I have been able to get so far was SOLO aftershave. It meets my taste in masculine, spicy freshness. But that's not enough to find it extraordinary. I hope to find Agua (and more) traveling to other countries. Spain isn't on my map for the next two years though.
    Last edited by narcus; 27th July 2008 at 12:37 PM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Dependent

Last edited by MFJ; 19th November 2009 at 07:08 PM.

As others have mentioned it is all marketing or lack of that is due to their non sales in the U.S.A. It's no mystery - if you can not buy them they can not be popular, right?

Loewe is common in other countries but is impossible to find in the U.S. - it is just poor marketing on their part. I saw all the Loewe scents this spring when I was in Costa Rica (?) and I first tested them in London at Harrod's but have not seen them here in U.S.A. My impression of them was they are all well done, but nothing really stood out enough to differentiate itself from other fragrances. This lack of being different enough is possibly why they have had trouble breaking into the U.S. market. But the primary reason they are not talked about by U.S. basenotes members is that we don't have the opportunity to try them here.

Quote Originally Posted by Critic View Post
    Agua de Loewe kicks butt. It lasts for a few centuries and the sillage seems to cover a 20 metre radius! It's quite scary.

Now I must buy this one, too!

Thanks for the info.!
    Snarky is as snarky does.

I have only tried, and own, Loewe pour Homme. I sought it out based on recommendations on this board, and it wasn't particularly difficult to find bottles of it in my city of residence.
    Heard melodies are sweet, but those unheard are sweeter. (Keats)

Wearing Loewe para hombre today--it is a fantastic masculine scent balancing citrus and wood in a successful way. Frankly, this forum has done more for the elevation of the Loewe fragrance brand in the US than any of LVMH's marketing dollars (LVMH being the owner of the Loewe fragrance brand).

I got my bottle from Beauty Encounter.

Not quite well represented in Belgium either. Aire (for woman) is beautiful as well.
    L'amour fait songer, vivre et croire. Il a, pour réchauffer le coeur, un rayon de plus que la gloire; et ce rayon, c'est le bonheur. (Victor HUGO)