Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Fluffydonger

Default Creed Green Irish Tweed

Hi all, I just brought Creed green irish tweed just on the reviews about simply because i wanted a new fragrance that was a bit more special, i really like the smell but when it is applied it only lasts a matter of minutes then its gone, or is that what's supposed to happen with it? either way what a rip off, has anyone else had the same probelm? i also feel a bit let down because i brought a 8.4oz flacon of it
    Last edited by Fluffydonger; 28th July 2008 at 06:33 PM.

Default Re: Creed Green Irish Tweed

didnt you receive a Hand Shower kit along with flacon? you are supposed to bath in it.. sorry, bad joke...

Fluffydonger

I think your right, do you think the same of it aswell?

Btw, welcome to Basenotes!

well, this is a very common problem and if you use the search function you might see almost 100 posts devoted to this topic...there are many a factors...the flacon being old, not stored properly, not brought from a reputed store or the most famous one...the money spent is not equivalent to the strength of the scent maybe you want to spend some more days before you make tht call...

if it still doesnt work for you, please consider returning it...

well, i do have the GIT and it gives me 7+ hours easy with moderate sillage there after
    Last edited by jenson; 28th July 2008 at 06:46 PM.

please try this link...you will see lot of threads..should give you enuff idea on how to aprpoach this brand altogther..

http://community.basenotes.net/searc...earchid=535385

Fluffydonger, if you have a retailer in your area that carries GIT, perhaps you could comparing the two. This way it will become apparent whether the GIT in your flacon is a the real thing or not. I personally find that GIT is very lasting on my skin, however I've once sampled a fake GIT that was somewhat similar smelling but had zero longevity.

If your GIT is not counterfeit and not improperly stored, but just doesn't last on you anyway, you may want to consider getting a small pocket atomizer so you can reapply the fragrance during the day. When I wear GIT to the office, I usually apply a little in the morning and then refresh it around lunch time. But I am a very light sprayer, more than one spray for me would produce monsterous results.

Please let us know how it turns out.

Green Irish Tweed is a very long lasting scent in my experience. It contains violet/iris notes which are known to cause olfactory fatigue to the wearer's nose. It's a great fragrance that is easily overapplied.

It is to my understanding that due to the natural ingredients used in Creed's fragrances, not all bottles (or flacons) are born equal.

In my experience it has bad longevity... sample before you buy.

I get about 5-6 hours out of it.

Make sure that you're not just perceiving the top notes fading, but not noticing the brilliant drydown that lasts for hours!

Also, everyone's body and skin chemistry is different, so what lasts for hours on one person may be gone quickly on others.

Don't blame any brand for longevity issues. I only get 1 hour from L'Artisan Passage D'enfer but others get much longer.
    Last edited by Simon Moon; 28th July 2008 at 09:35 PM.

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

If you're not happy, you could always buy Davidoff Cool Water.

It's consitent, lasts ages and smells just as good in many people's opinion.

(HDS stands back and waits for the explosion as the Creed officiandos go ballistic...)
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

I have a 1 oz. bottle that I bought a few years ago and it still smells great. I recently bought a 2.5 oz. tester from Perfume Emporium that while it smells okay, it doesn't have the sharp topnotes or the longevity that the 1 oz. still has to this day. I don't know if it is just the difference from one batch to the other with Creed's. I guess I'll keep it, but just have to spray a bit more of it. Or, maybe I can't smell it but others can. I should start asking. Anyway, I still like GIT as well as other Creeds.

It last almost all day on me. I sprayed it before work the other morning early and we met our parents for dinner later that evening and my father said that he smelled it. I was actually surprised. It may have to do with it being old or not...I don't know but I usually do purchase mine at retail just in case. On the other hand I have bought it from online retailers such as theperfumespot.com and never had a problem with it being old. Everyone's skin is different so perhaps it's just that.. just spray a couple of extra squirts.

If you are completely new to the scent, I wonder if you will find in a few days that it does last, but that the parts of the scent you were expecting to keep going drop off, or your nose gets used to them and tunes them out. It may be that the parts that last are not the ones you are focusing on.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffydonger View Post
    Hi all, I just brought Creed green irish tweed just on the reviews about simply because i wanted a new fragrance that was a bit more special, i really like the smell but when it is applied it only lasts a matter of minutes then its gone, or is that what's supposed to happen with it? either way what a rip off, has anyone else had the same probelm? i also feel a bit let down because i brought a 8.4oz flacon of it
    Mate....don't worry....you've just been hit with 'Creed reality'...........its hard to accept but its true

Most Creeds' that I have tried and/or owned have dismal longevity.

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

I think someone is attempting a bit of British humor here..
    "Are you a god?"
    "No"
    "Are you a wizard?"
    "No"
    "Are you a man?"
    "No"
    "Then what are you?"
    "I am awake.."

It is a classic scent...suits to everything...great longtivity "whole day on me"!!!
    I would never buy Creed fragrances from the internet....never!!!

Banned

From my experience I would conclude that in the case of Green Irish Tweed "older" might be "better". In 2005 I bought a bottle made in 2002 (if one can believe what's written on the box). It is still a hell of a scent: Has abundance of presence (sillage) and lasting power (longevity), has a great depth.

Lately I bought a significantly "younger" bottle - and "young" does it feel: Without the presence and lasting power of the older one. Seems that I lost depth for gaining freshness and sparkling - "Bright Green Irish Tweed". Now, to silence my doubts, I presume that in a while my "new" Green Irish Tweed will develop into something I knew from the past...

But, of course, this is unsatisfying. It is "Creed reality", like gupts pointed out.

I think you have some testing to do.
    Firstly apply your one to some paper, and some to your hand. See if it lasts as long on each.

Secondly, go to a proper store that sells it, and apply some to their paper and some to your hand. See how that lasts.

With this info, you will be able to figure out if you have good or bad GIT, or if there something about your skin that kills it dead.

GIT gives me sub average longevity of about 6 hours (it's still there afterwards, but I'm the only one who can possibly notice it).
    Renato

Most Creeds' that I have tried and/or owned have excellent longevity.

GIT, MI , Himalaya, OV I own all of them and I can see why they are expensive. Pure Quality.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, cause those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind

Quote Originally Posted by HDS1963 View Post
    If you're not happy, you could always buy Davidoff Cool Water.
    Or to go even cheaper, Coty's Aspen.

I tested from a vial (got from fragrance.net) and found the longevity to be horrible... within twenty minutes I had to press my nose against my skin to be able to smell a trace of anything. considering the opening notes are a little too fruity and there's no longevity, that's not much value for 150 bucks. Cool Water has practically the same opening but better longevity and a nice drydown, in my experience.

who knows, maybe it's my skin?

I've just received a 4oz bottle of GIT from FragranceNet and I am extremely disappointed to say that while it smells a little like the GIT from my carded sample vial, it's too different, not nearly as amazingly smooth and elegant and has almost no longevity. The bottle is the black one with a serial number at the bottom back part, there is also a paper incert with some arabic writing on the box.

I will go to Holt Renfrew today to compare the bottles and the scent itself, but even before I do - I strongly suspect that this is fake as it smells nothing like the juice from the two carded samples I have (one bought from a basenotes member, another picked up at Holt Renfrew which is an authorized Creed distributor in Canada). I should also add that the GIT from both the samples smells absolutely the same (awesome, might I add) and has decent longevity.

Update: Millesime Imperial that I got in the same order seems legit. The "Green Irish Tweed" however is definetely going back!
    Update Deux: Looks like the GIT from FragranceNet may be legit after all, please see my post below...
    Last edited by Igor01; 29th July 2008 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nova View Post
    Most Creeds' that I have tried and/or owned have excellent longevity.

GIT, MI , Himalaya, OV I own all of them and I can see why they are expensive. Pure Quality.
    Ditto [except for the OV]. I get a minimum of 8 hours out of all of my Creeds, and upwards of 12 out of some.

For the future, I would recommend always testing a scent before buying it, especially an 8.4 oz flacon.

By the way - I would definitely recommend buying Creed GIT from Costco, if possible. I have a feeling they would be less tolerant of the grey market shenanigans, and more forgiving if you feel you got a bad bottle.

I am even more confused now, having just received a 4 oz bottle of GIT from FragranceNet and being disappointed with how it smelled kinda off compared to my two sample vials and seemed to lack longevity I went to Holt Renfrew which is an autorized Creed distributor in Canada, like Nieman Marcus in the US. I should also mention that I had previously received a sample vial of GIT which to my nose smells divine. I had also previously bought another sample vial of GIT from a BaseNotes member. The two samples smell absolutely the same and are absolutely amazing with nice longevity.

Well today I've sprayed some GIT from the black 4 oz bottle at Holt Renfrew and realized that it smells the same as the stuff I just got from FragranceNet, and completely different from a sample that I had picked up at the same store just a week ago. I've talked to the Creed counter manager and he pulled another sample from his drawer and the juice from the sampler seems to smell just like the GIT from their black bottle - that is completely different from the sample the same manager gave me last week (which in turn smells exactly the same as the sample I got off a fellow basenoter). When I asked him, he said that you can expect some differences dpending on the batch, your skin condition at the time, the weather etc. which I can appreciate but damn, these smell completely different! The two samples I had been trying for a couple weeks are absolutely the same and are to die for, while the new sample and the full-size bottle (as well as the bottle from FragranceNet) are identical to each other and completely different from the first two samples.

Are there "good" and "bad" years for GIT? Where do I get the good stuff from? All this is increadibly frustrating!

To sum it up, here is my experience:

Heavenly smelling GIT (all samples are identical to each other):
    Sample 1 (from a basenotes member)
    Sample 2 (from Holt Renfrew, a distributor beyond suspicion)

Weird-smelling GIT (all samples are identical to each other):
    Sample 3 (from Holt Renfrew, the above mentioned distributor beyond suspicion)
    Full 4oz bottle from FragranceNet
    Full 4oz bottle from Holt Renfrew
    A 2.5oz tester bottle from another basenoter
    Last edited by Igor01; 29th July 2008 at 05:31 PM.

As far as I know, GIT is pretty consistent as far as production. You may have gotten an older bottle, but it should smell the same if it was stored properly.

The grey market stuff may have been exposed to high heat and sunlight and turned, but your bottle from the retailer (authorized?) should be good.

Then again, it could just be your nose, skin, weather, etc.

Igor: Some may find that the difference in the intensity or longevity of the Juice is somehow quaint, or signs of artistinal craftsmanship. But it is your experience that makes me mad about paying the money we do for Creed and then it not meeting our expectations. I had bottles of MI, GIT and my wife had Spring Flowers. Each and every one of the subsequent purchases in the last year all seemed weaker and less longlasting. Yet every bottle of Coco Mademoiselle and Lutens and Piper Nigrum is the same. I dont even want to know if I am tempted to get a tester of GIT for $75.00. Weak GIT, even legit, only makes me wish I had spent the $$$ to get a full bottle, but hey, you tell me yours is weak, I dont want to chance it.

maybe your bottle is a fake I have gotten fake bottles of creed green irish tweed before.

Quote Originally Posted by Igor01 View Post
    To sum it up, here is my experience:

Heavenly smelling GIT (all samples are identical to each other):
    Sample 1 (from a basenotes member)
    Sample 2 (from Holt Renfrew, a distributor beyond suspicion)

Weird-smelling GIT (all samples are identical to each other):
    Sample 3 (from Holt Renfrew, the above mentioned distributor beyond suspicion)
    Full 4oz bottle from FragranceNet
    Full 4oz bottle from Holt Renfrew
    A 2.5oz tester bottle from another basenoter
    IMO, you contradict when you said that Holt Renfrew is beyond suspicion.

However, I doubt you got "fakes." Perhaps the samples that you LIKE are the ones that are turned. What colour is the juice? Is it clear, or perhaps slightly brown?

Try smelling Davidoff Coolwater. If it smells like any of your samples above, then those samples must be turned.