Code of Conduct

Default Creed Counter at Charlotte Neiman Marcus

Took an anniversary trip to Charlotte this weekend. 17 years for me and the missus. Very good marriage, so I count myself blessed.

Did some scent shopping while there. The service at Neiman Marcus was outstanding. A balding gent with glasses, a young redhead and a middle-aged brunette were all very kind to us. We tried several different Creeds, and I stayed away from the big guns and focused on the lesser known scents. My wife liked Love in Black and Fleurissimo. I fell for Citrus Biggarade, Bois de Cedrat, Orange Spice and Acier Aluminum. They made me some nice samples of all four that I liked. I'm test running them this week.

I also tried the new Versace at Nordie's. Nah. Not for me. Too plain and common aquatic. I also tried the Gendarme Sky at Sephora and quite liked it. Smells like an upscale laundry detergent.

I did not purchase anything at South Park Mall, but Sky and AA have made my short list.

I ended my trip with a visit to a TJ Maxx in SC. I picked up the re-release of Giorgio for Men and a Calvin Klein Eternity variety pack. I bought a neat Marc Jacobs Mini Spray set for my wife (Amber, Violet and one more). They also had Comptoir Su Pacifique for $3 a can!

Default Re: Creed Counter at Charlotte Neiman Marcus

ChuckW,

Congratulations on your 17th anniversary and may you enjoy many more.
    Share with us your testing of Sky and report back on the longevity you experience with it if you don't mind. Oops, I guess you didn't receive samples of Sky. Oh well.
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 28th July 2008 at 08:18 PM.

SKY was low key at first, but it kind of hung around and I would catch it wafting up from my forearm. I double-pumped it.

I would imagine it would be a fantastic office scent. Maybe the cleanest scent ever in my experience. The price at Sephora was $83!! So...a little steep!

Niven Morgan made a silver scent that is really similar. SKY smells like the house does when you've been doing laundry with a great detergent.

Sur la Plage

Chuck - Congratulations to you and your wife!

I have been curious about Gendarme Sky myself. I have seen it on the Sephora website ($69 for the 100ml bottle), but have not seen it in any of the Sephora stores I have been in.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

The shelf under the scents was a little unclear...it was hard to tell what costs what...The $83 may have been for the Gendarme EDP, which I did not sample.

Morning Star

Here in Los Angeles, I've noticed that Neiman Marcus (in Beverly Hills, actually) has one of the best selections of Creed anywhere. And they carry everything from the small 30ml size up to the huge 8.4oz flacons. The other nice thing is that the SAs seem to really just leave you alone to try things out, and don't try to push items on you completely unsolicited, as they do over at Sax Fifth Avenue with Bond No 9.

I had samples of Sky that I got from Gendarme on line. It reminded me of something in the Clean line. If you want to get a small bottle at a cheaper price you can buy Gendarme's Sloth scent from the Seven Deadly Sins line. I bought it from Sephora and it totally reminded me of Sky. They could be twins. I sent it back because of it being identical to Sky. So if your not in for the whole big bottle of Sky, then go for Sloth.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I also tried the Gendarme Sky at Sephora and quite liked it. Smells like an upscale laundry detergent.
    Yea Sky is like that. I tried it yesterday for the first time and found its clean sparkling laundry accord strangely pleasing. My question is .. when is Topper Schroeder going to step out of the laundromat to get inspiration for his fragrances ?
    -

Yeah, Topper is all about the "clean" vibe. I guess Grabazzi is his biggest departure from that.

Tom Ford is the anti-Topper!

For people in particular fields, like the hands-on part of medical services, or other jobs with lots of close people interaction, Gendarme is a good house with lots of safe choices.

Congrats on the 17 years.....(Modern day miracle).....My Wife and I will hit the 29 year mark in December.....Sounds like You had a blast.....and that's what counts.....I hope that my TJ Maxx get with it and get some good stock in the stores.....it has been very lean thru this summer and I'm very tired of their selections.....It's the same old stupid cheap junk that I wouldn't take if they were giving it away.....Take care and here's to 18 years......Gary

Quote Originally Posted by G.303 View Post
    Congrats on the 17 years.....(Modern day miracle).....My Wife and I will hit the 29 year mark in December.....Sounds like You had a blast.....and that's what counts.....I hope that my TJ Maxx get with it and get some good stock in the stores.....it has been very lean thru this summer and I'm very tired of their selections.....It's the same old stupid cheap junk that I wouldn't take if they were giving it away.....Take care and here's to 18 years......Gary
    Congrats to you also Gary on 29 years. Lots of compromise and hard work, but well worth it I am sure.

Cheers to commitment in this 'throw away' society. Much respect to you and Chuck!
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 30th July 2008 at 12:04 AM.

You're a good cat, Barry. I appreciate your attitude.

ChuckW. Congrats on your anniversary. What did you like about Acier Aluminum? I have not sampled it yet, but I can't wait to for some reason. Does it last? What do you compare it to? Sorry for so many questions....

Yesterday was a full day wearing of Acier. It is sweet, a lighter version of Creed Royal English Leather, in my opinion. It does not project much, but it wears close to the body.

I don't think it's a weird scent, as some may portray it. I will say that my t-shirt from yesterday that I worked out in this morning smelled light and sweet this morning, very pleasant, from the residual of the Acier.

I won't be buying a full bottle. I'm glad I sampled it first. It's nice, but not a "wow" for me.

So while I enjoyed the many Creeds I sampled, none of them "closed the deal".