Code of Conduct

Thread: Musc Nomade

Default Musc Nomade

I keep going to the Goutal Counter, because I love things like Nuits de Hadrien and others, but I have not bought a single bottle yet because these perfumes seem to lack in presence and longevity. I don't expect the new perfume for men, Musc Nomade, to be like the ultimate dream of a Serge Lutens, but I am curious, nevertheless. The perfumers were Camille Goutal- Isabelle Doyen (Let me play the Lion, remember?). Musc Nomade has white musk in the base, and is hence perhaps too floral in the end. I have no experience with muscone but the fruity element in Mure and Musc would neither be to my desire. I lmuch prefer animalic musks. Has anybody been able to find this perfume yet?

"Dominated by musks, with practically no top notes, this is a fragrance that murmurs. Muscone, angelica and ambrette bestow a musky character. Obtained from papyrus, Bombay wood has accents of patchouli and rose. Balms and white musks close the fragrance." Annick Goutal: Musc Nomade, men, woody-floral

Comments welcome!
    Last edited by narcus; 29th July 2008 at 08:51 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Default Re: Musc Nomade

I understand your worries Narcus. I like sone Goutal scents as well like Les nuits d'Hadrien and i.e. I prefer this one to L'eau d'Hadrien since les nuits on me lasts decently even if in general all don't have much projection and in general are weak in longevity. The feminines are the same though so it's not an issue with just the masculines.
    Anyway I think Musc nomade will be in the same way regarding projection and longevity, more of a skin scent. Nevertheless I think you shouldn't worry about it being too floral and not animalic: also L'heure exquise is floral, yet it has the right animalic vibe to keep it sensuous and interesting. So maybe Musc nomade will be a warm musc with just floral hints to make it gentler, less crotch-like

Quote Originally Posted by narcus View Post
    [...] because these perfumes seem to lack in presence and longevity [...]
    I agree on the ones you mentioned.

Sables, however, while not being my favourite scent, lasts incredibly long.

Thank you, Gentlemen! I may know more soon, and I am glad for your hints on Sables and L'Heure exquise. In the meantime I found what I sense to be a perfect assessment on POL. Someone from Toronto (youstink) wrote it. And as I love reviews just for fine, literal beauty I imported it here.
    Last edited by narcus; 30th July 2008 at 09:07 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.