Code of Conduct

Default exotic summer scent

Hi, I am looking for some exotic summer scent with good longevity. I am thinking about CK eternity Summer or Summer II. It has melon and some watery notes. What do you think about it?? What would you propose me? For me one of the best, if not the best summer fragrance is Versace man eau fraiche, it has grat longevity , but it is more citrusy and I want something more exotic.

Default Re: exotic summer scent

I would recommend you any of the Opium pour Homme derivations designed for summer, e.g. Eau d'Orient or Poésie de Chine. Both limited editions, but Poésie de Chine, being from 2008, might be easily available.

If Melony and watery notes are your thing then I highly recommend Creed Millesime Imperial.

Also, a more exotic summer scent is L'Artisan L'Eau de Jatamansi with its Grapefruit, Sage, Rose, Sandalwood, Incense and Jatamansi accords.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Sur la Plage

Maître Parfumeur et Gantier - Bahiana

Notes: Brazilian orange, lemon, tagetes, yellow mandarin, green leaf, rosewood, gaiac wood, amber, musk, coconut and elemi
    Last edited by petruccijc; 29th July 2008 at 10:33 AM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Smile Re: exotic summer scent

Live Jazz..........
    Last edited by deck89; 29th July 2008 at 10:41 AM.

.................................................. ...................I'm gonna memorize your name.. and then i'm gonna throw my head away!!........:bounce:.............

Virgin Island Water by Creed (best longtivity of all)

Thank You very very much for all replies. I also found two more fragrances: JPG le male (2008 africa limited edition) and Estée Lauder Beyond Paradise Men. Has anyone tried that one?

As stated above, Bahiana and Virgin Island Water are the first two in no particular order that come to mind. Bahiana is more mango where VIW is more coconut.

Gents, these are all valuable suggestions, but I have a feeling Piotrek is interested in easily accessible scents, if he is mentioning the likes of CK, Versace, JPG and Lauder etc. (Perhaps Im way off the mark)...?

I second the suggestion of Yves Saint Laurent "Eau d'Orient" above, and also YSL L'Homme Summer cologne.

Basenotes Institution

I agree with Dimitri - an accessible exotic summer scent I highly recommend is New West by Aramis. An oldie but a goodie!

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    Gents, these are all valuable suggestions, but I have a feeling Piotrek is interested in easily accessible scents, if he is mentioning the likes of CK, Versace, JPG and Lauder etc. (Perhaps Im way off the mark)...?

I second the suggestion of Yves Saint Laurent "Eau d'Orient" above, and also YSL L'Homme Summer cologne.
    Well I wasn't sure what was available in Abu Dhabi
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Virgin Island Water by Creed--If you can get it.

Eau Exotique by Parfums de Nicolai -

A fruity floral with citrus top notes of Mexican Lime, Petit Grain, Sweet Orange & Fruity top notes of Cassis & Mango. A middle floral note of Egyptian Jasmine Absolute with wood notes of Vetiver, Patchouli and Cedar. The base is a soft musk.

Try these

Parfums de Nicolai New York
    Chanel Anteaus
    Creed Acier Aluminum
    Gucci Envy
    Annayake Miyako
    Nautica Voyage
    Chrome & Visit Azzaro
    Antonio Puig Sybaris
    Puro Lino
    Etienne Aigner No 2
    Elsha 1776 Russian Leather
    Davidoff Cool Water
    Comptoir Sud Pacifica Eau de Cypres
    Comme de Garcons Vettiveru

Beyond Paradise is among the worst fragrances I've ever tested.

Another vote for VIW.

Silver mtn wtr is also a good warm weather exotic.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

Gentlemen and all readers to come:

This thread was from the height of the northern hemisphere's summer--July 2008. It's now January 2009.

The original poster probably isn't looking for answers to this question anymore. If you want to discuss exotic summer scents now in January, go ahead, but bear in mind that the original poster has probably answered the question for himself already.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Yes, but it still may be useful to other readers. It's the middle of the Australian summer so maybe some of us might find it usefull.

Yes! For your exotic Australian summer, I will suggest Hamman Bouquet and reiterate Opium PH's current summer offering. Both have an exotic quality and are light enough to wear in heavy heat.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

New West is not a summer scent, I don't think.

I vote again for Dior Bois d'Argent as the ultimate summer scent, exotic or no.