Code of Conduct

Default Gucci Nobile...anything out there similar?

I used to love this. It was perfect to me. A classic scent very nicely done. Now discontinued. Is there anything out there similar to it? So many nice fragrances get discontinued. WHY?!! Oh well.....the way of the world, I guess.

I do like Narcisso Rodriguez For Him, by the way.
    Last edited by PJX007; 29th July 2008 at 07:22 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Gucci Nobile...anything out there similar?

Try Jivago Connect. Pretty close to Nobile.
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Mudassir, would you elaborate on the smell of Connect and how it compares to Nobile?

I don't know Nobile but can probably find Connect fairly easily.

Thanks.

Try Tsar by Van Cleef & Arpels.

Quote Originally Posted by PJX007 View Post
    I used to love this. It was perfect to me. A classic scent very nicely done. Now discontinued. Is there anything out there similar to it? So many nice fragrances get discontinued. WHY?!! Oh well.....the way of the world, I guess.

I do like Narcisso Rodriguez For Him, by the way.
    Here's the news flash:

Alexander DaCosta's knockoff of Gucci Nobile, "Nobile Royalty" smells almost IDENTICAL to Gucci Nobile. I swear to you that I sense the work of a gas spectrometer here. "Nobile Royalty" is still in production and sells for generally less than $20 a bottle.

I came to Gucci Nobile backwards. My favorite sales associate at the fragrance place at the mall got me to try the DaCosta which I wore every day for months to raves from friends and coworkers. Then when I went on line to find out a little more about it, THAT'S when I found out it was a knock off. I splurged and spent nearly $80 for an ounce of Gucci Nobile, expecting it to be like the knock-off but much, much better. Well, it was like the knock-off, almost exactly the same, but costs a LOT more.

Good luck!!

(P.S. It seems to me that I saw someone on the market threads who was trying to unload a stash of Nobile they bought from a place that was closing. I can't remember who it was now.)

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by T. Rex, Esq. View Post
    Here's the news flash:

Alexander DaCosta's knockoff of Gucci Nobile, "Nobile Royalty" smells almost IDENTICAL to Gucci Nobile. I swear to you that I sense the work of a gas spectrometer here. "Nobile Royalty" is still in production and sells for generally less than $20 a bottle.

I came to Gucci Nobile backwards. My favorite sales associate at the fragrance place at the mall got me to try the DaCosta which I wore every day for months to raves from friends and coworkers. Then when I went on line to find out a little more about it, THAT'S when I found out it was a knock off. I splurged and spent nearly $80 for an ounce of Gucci Nobile, expecting it to be like the knock-off but much, much better. Well, it was like the knock-off, almost exactly the same, but costs a LOT more.

Good luck!!

(P.S. It seems to me that I saw someone on the market threads who was trying to unload a stash of Nobile they bought from a place that was closing. I can't remember who it was now.)
    I knew it was only a matter of time before we'd hear from you T. Rex. You do love your Nobile don't you? Dacosta - the name cracks me up. It sounds very 'Sopranos'.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 30th July 2008 at 04:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I knew it was only a matter of time before we'd hear from you T. Rex. You do love your Nobile don't you? Dacosta - the name cracks me up. It sounds very 'Sopranos'.
    Hey, before I knew what the deal was, I kind of thought it was hilarious that the House of DaCosta thought the word "Noble" was spelled with an 'i' in it.

Blog Entries

Noggs,
    Both have a citrusy and herbal opening. Both get greener and a bit floral as they move to the mid notes. Both have a patchouli and sandal dominated dry down.

Nobile is good. But I wont go searching for it. Just not the genre that could make me dish out the price a discontinued gem might demand.

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    Mudassir, would you elaborate on the smell of Connect and how it compares to Nobile?

I don't know Nobile but can probably find Connect fairly easily.

Thanks.
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Gucci nobile was one of the first fragrances that i ever bought(i still have 1/3 of a bottle left of it so am using it quite sparingly considering it has been discontinued).You asked if there was anything similar to Gucci nobile? Well i have always thought that caesars by caesars world is very slightly similar to nobile.hope this helps.

Gucci Nobile does have slight similarities with Caeser's, which means another possibility: Drakkar Noir.

Quote Originally Posted by hellcat9 View Post
    Gucci Nobile does have slight similarities with Caeser's, which means another possibility: Drakkar Noir.
    I don't find these similiar at all .
    For those that like Nobile ....>> try Gianfranco Ferre , its got all you love about Nobile & more !

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

I can't tell much difference between Nobile and Sergio Tacchini (the one that has just that name on the bottle and package).
    Renato

Sur la Plage

I tried Nobile Royalty today. It wasn't bad. But it doesn't beat the real Gucci Nobile......
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I tried Nobile Royalty today. It wasn't bad. But it doesn't beat the real Gucci Nobile......
    Well, no, but it'll do in a pinch. And you can't beat the price.

You know what else I was thinking reminds me of Nobile? Not so much in notes and accords, but in attitude. Racquets by Penhaligon's.

Smile Re: Gucci Nobile...anything out there similar?

I think Truefitt & Hill Grafton and Van Cleef & Arpels Tsar (Old formula) are great contenders

.................................................. ...................I'm gonna memorize your name.. and then i'm gonna throw my head away!!........:bounce:.............

I've just discovered Comme des Garcons 2 Man, and find it has a very similar dry down to Gucci Nobile, except better! I don't know why this is, because in looking at the ingredients listed here on Basenotes, they don't LOOK similar at all. I can't really pick ingredients apart and verbalize here what I love about this scent like some people here are able to do (good job people!) but I do know I love this cologne. It's a very masculine scent, and I totally receommend it.
    Last edited by PJX007; 10th August 2008 at 09:18 AM.

Is there anyone owing the big ( 120 ml ) bottle?
    Does is have a built-in sprayer?Is it similar to this one?
    http://i5.ebayimg.com/06/i/001/30/b7/fce4_1.JPG
    Thank's!
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

Quote Originally Posted by discovolante View Post
    Is there anyone owing the big ( 120 ml ) bottle?
    Does is have a built-in sprayer?Is it similar to this one?
    http://i5.ebayimg.com/06/i/001/30/b7/fce4_1.JPG
    Thank's!

That is the older style sprayer on the Gucci Nobile bottle....Later the bottles came with a normal sprayer and a detachable cap....

Loved the bottle but not the scent. It was one of those $10 TJMaxx deals that got me back into fragrance long ago. I guess it just didn't wear me that well. One of the ladies at work actually came over and complained, and I had to agree.

Paco Rabanne homme and Quazar come to mind.

AromiErotici

Lauder for Men is an excellent replacement for Nobile.

I have both and both are Fresh Fougere's. I did a side by side comparison not long ago.
    http://community.basenotes.net/group...scussionid=111

Try a sample of Lauder and see for yourself.

I remember buying Gucci Nobile for cheap a few years ago. Blind of course. I got out to my car and sprayed it. I was just aghast. It smelled terrible to me. Over time, however I revisited it and came to like it little by little. Still, it seemed too dated to wear-- but there was a kind of vulnerable formality to it that I liked (if that makes any sense. I think it does.)

I wore it in public exactly one time. I had to go to court for a speeding ticket that I planned on disputing. I decided to dress up (nice second hand Armani suit) and try to impress the judge. Wrong. I got there and was the only person who.. how shall I put this... wasn't wearing khakis that sagged past my ass, nor did I reek of chronic. I tried to be respectable with my nice suit and Gucci Nobile, but I probably came off looking like a greasy 80's coke-dealer. I didn't get the ticket thrown out but I did get my fine cut in half. What a horrible day. My one experience that will be forever linked with Gucci Nobile.

This is an interesting discussion. It inspired me to wear Gucci Nobile today. What a wonderful scent! It is very classy, with a great drydown.
    I'm interested in these various suggestions, some of which are new to me. In particular, the Dacosta knock-off ... I'm sure I've seen it around but haven't tried it.
    I don't think anything will exactly duplicate GN, a truly superb scent.
    I own and like Tsar, Grafton, and CdG 2Man. I can see some similarity in Tsar, less in Grafton (a very green, clary sage scent) and hardly any in 2Man (a lovely spicy scent).
    So thanks to all the posters, you've given me things to check out. Cheers everybody.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas