Code of Conduct

Default "Cologne"...."After Shave"...."Cologne/After Shave" -- AKA "Dana Fragrances"

I was at A.J. Wright this evening and I saw they are selling 4.0 oz bottles of Monsieur Musk for $5.99. I was ready to pounce on one immediately and I noticed it said "After Shave" on the box. Drats. Or maybe not?

I've noticed that some other Dana fragrances (like Canoe) are sometimes listed as "Cologne/After Shave" right on the box. Other times it's just "Cologne." I've also seen this with Coty fragrances as well.

Now I know already that "Cologne" is stronger than "After Shave", but what about a "Cologne/After Shave?" Is it somewhere in between? Kind of like an "Eau de Cologne?" And why do these cheap companies have so many different variations? It seems like when you're a "budget" company, it would cost that much more to make so many different variations (mixing the different juices, printing the boxes, keeping TRACK of all of the different kinds).

More importantly, would I be disappointed with Monsieur Musk "After Shave?" Any chance it might last longer than a typical one? I know it's supposed to be really strong as a cologne. Even at $5.99, I really wouldn't want to buy something that I'd have to reapply all day. I like to put something on, leave for work, and have it last at least until mid-afternoon.

Thanks!

Smile Re: "Cologne"...."After Shave"...."Cologne/After Shave" -- AKA "Dana Fragrances"

I have Monsieur Musk which say cologne on the bottle and it has amazing longevity and sillage.. Wicked stuff!.. I dont know about the aftershave..

.................................................. ...................I'm gonna memorize your name.. and then i'm gonna throw my head away!!........:bounce:.............

Default Re: "Cologne"...."After Shave"...."Cologne/After Shave" -- AKA "Dana Fragrances"

I broke down and bought the Monsieur Musk After Shave. It's strong. It lasts awhile. Me pleased.

I like it! The top notes are great! The drydown reminds me a lot of Jovan Sex Appeal!!