Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default The Great Rive Gauche (Pour Homme) Blaspheme

I hate to say it. I know that it is a much admired fragrance, but I just do not like this one. I bought a big bottle of it from YSL; although the top notes smell nice enough, the heart and base just smell like a synthetic mess on my skin.

I am upset because this fragrance should be right up my alley. I really enjoy "classsic" smelling fragrances.

Has anyone else had this experience with Rive Gauche, or any fragrance that you feel should be spot on to your taste, and it just doen't do anything for you?
    Last edited by The Duke; 30th July 2008 at 07:05 PM.

Default Re: The Great Rive Gauche Blaspheme

pls PM me if you are selling it!

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    pls PM me if you are selling it!

I would; however, I gave it to my Father who is a bit of a closet fragrance addict.

i had earlier dimissed them(M7 and RG) as overratted and dismal offerings that didnt make sense.....things changed the second time around for me....maybe give it a second chance, a complete wear in a week or so...if it still doesnt work well....hmmm..

count me in as a fan of RG...

I really like the smell of Rive Gauche but there is something about it that I physically react to that I can't wear it. This happens to me with certain frags and it is really frustrating. I could smell it on someone else and be fine, just not on me. I've given frags away to friends just because I couldn't personally wear them but they smell great on my buds.

I tried for months to come to grips with Rive Gauche Pour Homme.

I finally decided that it was a hopeless cause, that I would never love it. I sold it earlier this year without any regrets.

I chanced to sample it again, along with several others, in a local store. My nose kept coming back to one of the scents.

I had to confirm my disbelief with another spritz, but my nose has finally accepted Rive Gauche PH! I bought a bottle on the spot. It is the only fragrance I have sold only to repurchase later.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    I tried for months to come to grips with Rive Gauche Pour Homme.

I finally decided that it was a hopeless cause, that I would never love it. I sold it earlier this year without any regrets.

I chanced to sample it again, along with several others, in a local store. My nose kept coming back to one of the scents.

I had to confirm my disbelief with another spritz, but my nose has finally accepted Rive Gauche PH! I bought a bottle on the spot. It is the only fragrance I have sold only to repurchase later.
    Well considering I just blindly went for it for a great price on ebay I am hoping I get it from the start. If it is the Barbasol/Barbershop smell I should love it
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

3 years ago, I got a sample of Rive Gauche PH with a purchase. When I tried it, I was puzzled as to why someone would even attempt to sale this. It smelled like salt and clove and brut and....

Fast forward 2 years and I was in a Perfumania in Birmingham, AL. There were strips laying out and I was just sniffing some of them, and one stopped me dead in my tracks...It was Rive Gauche. I sprayed once on my wrist and lived with it for about 8 hours. That night, I decide I had to have a bottle. If I were forced to pick only 10 frags for my collection, it would probably be one of them. I guess my nose evolved a bit.

I find it to be incredibly versatile; I can wear it casual or formal, during all four seasons. As one reviewer here on basenotes summed it up...It is the Levis 501 of the fragrance world. I certainly agree; One of my 5 'workhorse' frags in my collection
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 30th July 2008 at 05:47 PM. Reason: spelling

No, I've tried but I can't do it. There is something plasticky in there with the goumandy bit. I just don't like it. Smells extra synthetic to me.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents View Post
    3 years ago, I got a sample of Rive Gauche PH with a purchase. When I tried it, I was puzzled as to why someone would even attempt to sale this. It smelled like salt and clove and brut and....

Fast forward 2 years and I was in a Perfumania in Birmingham, AL. There were strips laying out and I was just sniffing some of them, and one stopped me dead in my tracks...It was Rive Gauche. I sprayed once on my wrist and lived with it for about 8 hours. That night, I decide I had to have a bottle. If I were forced to pick only 10 frags for my collection, it would probably be one of them. I guess my nose evolved a bit.

I find it to be incredibly versatile; I can wear it casual or formal, during all four seasons. As one reviewer here on basenotes summed it up...It is the Levis 501 of the fragrance world. I certainly agree; One of my 5 'workhorse' frags in my collection
    Absolutely agree 100% J_W_S. It's great for work, casual times, and going out at night - 365 days a year.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I'm 20, and I didn't like it that much when I tested it the first time.
    But I got a fascinating reaction from my mom, which I posted about a long time ago.

I bought a 75 ML, and to be honest, I regretted it after a while.
    But now the love for it is back.
    It's so classy. And oh so damn masculine.

To people who think they are to young to pull this off:
    This smells like you just got a good classic shave. There is nothing old about shaving your face.
    Use this without having shaved for a while, and people will be fascinated.
    Last edited by Suppressor; 30th July 2008 at 06:20 PM.

I'm one of those that files it under "I really don't understand why anybody likes this at all, let alone consider it a classic". I like the top notes, but after that it's like a million and one other things.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Life is too short to waste time forcing yourself to like a fragrance. Not even the Greatest EDTs have generalized acceptance.

Rive Gauche has one of my favorite drydowns. Contrary to the other members, when I first smelled I almost passed out, its called fragasm, I believe. It kicks butts and takes names. I agree with Jock_With_Scents when he says it is very versatile: it has the formality of Antaeus, the everydayness of a barbershop scent and the modernity that Jacques Cavallier and Tom Ford can offer.

Sometimes I just open the bottle to smell the atomizer.
    Last edited by irish; 30th July 2008 at 06:34 PM.

Well I am glad that I am not alone. Like I said, I really wanted to like this one, but it just doesn't work for me.

It smells like Barbasol and I hate Barbasol. It reminds me of Halloween.

I don't like it either. The woods are too strong, it has a balance problem. Moreover, it's a purely chemical fragrance which gives me headaches.
    L'amour fait songer, vivre et croire. Il a, pour réchauffer le coeur, un rayon de plus que la gloire; et ce rayon, c'est le bonheur. (Victor HUGO)

Quote Originally Posted by samplermike View Post
    Not a Halloween fan ?

Basenotes Institution

The Duke - I hate to sound like an anal retentive Basenoter but could you please change the title of this thread to 'The Great Rive Gauche Pour Homme Blaspheme'? Rive Gauche is a womans fragrance. To newcomers it can be a little confusing.

Oh and on topic - I must say I love this stuff. When I was in Europe I saw the RGPH Shower Gel and Deodorant being sold for not-so-cheap prices and I almost splurged on the shower gel. I was really tempted. But I thought I'd still try to find some cheaper here online, perhaps on Ebay, etc. In the meantime, the scent itself is so friggin good smelling, I do what irish does and I find myself smelling the atomizer top all the time.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 30th July 2008 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    could you please change the title of this thread to 'The Great Rive Gauche Pour Homme Blaspheme'? [
    Last edited by The Duke; 30th July 2008 at 07:09 PM.

Default Re: The Great Rive Gauche (Pour Homme) Blaspheme

Wore it today. It's very pleasant, solid, no-nonsense, non-gimmicky, good longevity, never cloying, clean. Nothing there not to adore. And it reminds me of a holiday in NieuwZeeland earlier this year... Great stuff.

I love the drydown, I just can't deal with the 3 or 4 hours it takes to get there...

Oh and on topic - I must say I love this stuff. When I was in Europe I saw the RGPH Shower Gel and Deodorant and not-so-cheap prices and I almost splurged on the shower gel.
    I have the shower gel, and I actually like it a lot more than the EDT. Sometimes the EDT is just too piercing. The shower gel has this mellow, warm vibe that is just awesome.

-Slim
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

Quote Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
    I hate to say it. I know that it is a much admired fragrance, but I just do not like this one. I bought a big bottle of it from YSL; although the top notes smell nice enough, the heart and base just smell like a synthetic mess on my skin.

I am upset because this fragrance should be right up my alley. I really enjoy "classsic" smelling fragrances.

Has anyone else had this experience with Rive Gauche, or any fragrance that you feel should be spot on to your taste, and it just doen't do anything for you?
    My experience exactly!

I can understand why most like this so much, but doesn't work on me.

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

Though I love RG (first bought blind based on the chatter), I hear what you're saying. No matter how many times I try - and I've tried dozens of times - I simply cannot get into either Guerlain Vetiver or Dior Eau Savage, two classics I'm 'supposed' to like. I'm even a Dior nut and like nearly everything else they make, male or female.

Sometime you just don't feel it....

Quote Originally Posted by bbBD View Post
    Though I love RG (first bought blind based on the chatter), I hear what you're saying. No matter how many times I try - and I've tried dozens of times - I simply cannot get into either Guerlain Vetiver or Dior Eau Savage, two classics I'm 'supposed' to like. I'm even a Dior nut and like nearly everything else they make, male or female.

Sometime you just don't feel it....
    I hope that isn't the case when I receive mine because, like you, I can't take Vetiver and Eau Savage hasn't been completely delved into but the initial thought was "lemon bomb" Of course I got it for cheap so I'll just sell it again if so.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by ToughCool View Post
    I hope that isn't the case when I receive mine because, like you, I can't take Vetiver and Eau Savage hasn't been completely delved into but the initial thought was "lemon bomb" Of course I got it for cheap so I'll just sell it again if so.
    Sorry if I was unclear - I LOVE Rive Gauche, even though I don't the other the other two I mention. The three have nothing in common besides being considered classics.

Quote Originally Posted by bbBD View Post
    Sorry if I was unclear - I LOVE Rive Gauche, even though I don't the other the other two I mention. The three have nothing in common besides being considered classics.
    I got that my response just wasn't concise or clear.. I just meant I hope I don't get the Vetiver effect.
    --Ben Hogan

From OZ MOZ

top notes
    aldehydes, bergamot, freesia

heart note
    rose, jasmine, ylang-ylang., vetiver

base note
    oak moss, musks, myrrh

From BASENOTES:
    Top Notes
    Bergamot, Star Anise, Rosemary.

Middle Notes
    Lavender, Geranium Leaves, Cloves .

Base Notes
    Vetiver, Gaiac Wood, Patchouli.

Toughcool,

If you don't like vetiver, then RGPH could be a 50/50 for you.
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 30th July 2008 at 07:51 PM.

Basenotes Institution

I love RGPH and I love vetiver. However, I do not consider RGPH a vetiver prominent scent - atleast not on my skin.

From OZ MOZ

top notes

heart note

base note
    oak moss, musks, myrrh

Toughcool,

It SHOULD be something I like. Just like Guerlain Vetiver was too...still don't get how that one makes sense. This one makes more sense. I'll let you guys know soon.
    --Ben Hogan

I love RGPH and I love vetiver. However, I do not consider RGPH a vetiver prominent scent - atleast not on my skin.
    Neither do I Mike. RGPH is far from vetiver prominent. You are correct.
    Isn't it interesting how different sites list such different scent pyramids for the same scent?
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 30th July 2008 at 08:01 PM.

I never noticed vetiver when wearing it. I'll have to wear it tonight and pay more attention.

It SHOULD be something I like. Just like Guerlain Vetiver was too...still don't get how that one makes sense. This one makes more sense. I'll let you guys know soon.
    Keep in mind that the notes given by the perfume houses are just marketing, it is something appealing to attract the client. Most of the time, there are none of these materials in the fragrance.
    L'amour fait songer, vivre et croire. Il a, pour réchauffer le coeur, un rayon de plus que la gloire; et ce rayon, c'est le bonheur. (Victor HUGO)

Smile Re: The Great Rive Gauche (Pour Homme) Blaspheme

Neither do I Mike. RGPH is far from vetiver prominent. You are correct.
    Isn't it interesting how different sites list such different scent pyramids for the same scent?
    Maybe the Oz Moz pyramid is from the female version of Rive Gauche? The reviews of the female version mention aldehydes, rose, vetiver and oakmoss.
    Last edited by brainpower1972; 30th July 2008 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Keep in mind that the notes given by the perfume houses are just marketing, it is something appealing to attract the client. Most of the time, there are none of these materials in the fragrance.
    Well I'm hoping from the user description it works because I like shaving cream and barbershops.
    --Ben Hogan

Shaving cream and barbershops smell ... One of the the best moments of the day !

From OZ MOZ

top notes

heart note

base note
    oak moss, musks, myrrh

From BASENOTES:
    Top Notes
    Bergamot, Star Anise, Rosemary.

Middle Notes
    Lavender, Geranium Leaves, Cloves .

Base Notes
    Vetiver, Gaiac Wood, Patchouli.

Toughcool,

BEWARE ! Oops. I think there is a mistake in Osmoz's pyramide - the notes they mention are the notes of Rive Gauche (feminine) and not of Rive Gauche pour homme. The notes of basenotes are Ok.
    Anais Nin: "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom"
    Link to my perfumery blog: http://aromax-on-line.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    I don't like it either. The woods are too strong, it has a balance problem. Moreover, it's a purely chemical fragrance which gives me headaches.
    concur.....i refuse to "fall in love with a frgarance" because my close friend Basenotes.net is in love with it....I bought a bottle blindly based on Basenotes only and I've tried wearing it over 10 times never with any success.....to me it seems to Try to replicate the barbershop phenomenon instead of ending up smelling like a bug spray that was used in a barber shop...
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Quote Originally Posted by The Duke View Post

There could be several reasons RGPH doesn't work for you.

May be the whole fougère group is just not your type. Do you have the similar effect from Azzaro and Drakkar Noir? Gray Flanel?
    Your nose may not like some accords of RGPH or some of accords doesn't work on your skin. Well - nothing to do about it.
    The other reasons could be - your knows has "picked up" an unpleasant note and can't smell through. Or the circumstances were not good - some fragrances smells really different under different weather etc. Have you tried it several times under the different circumstances?

My personal experience. Well - I do like Rive Gauche pour homme. But if I read Luca Turin I see he calls it a descendant of Drakkar Noir. Well - the last one is a disaster for me. In Drakkar Noir I smell a kind of wet dusty packing paper note that is so unpleasant and disturbing, that I can't smell through it.May be you have something similar.
    Anais Nin: "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom"
    Link to my perfumery blog: http://aromax-on-line.blogspot.com/

When I first discovered Basenotes, I had only used a few fragrances in the past and knew nothing about which notes I liked or disliked. So I described my personality/style on the Just Starting Out board and got tons of recommendations for fragrances I might like. It was amazing - people on the boards here are so creative and helpful. The three most frequently suggested were Bulgari Black, Voleur de Roses, and Rive Gauche PH. I bought decants or small bottles of each and set about trying them. But not one of them ended up a favorite of mine! Bulgari Black doesn't work for me at all. All I get is a smoky, leathery, motor-oily rubber; no vanilla to balance it at all. I can appreciate Voleur de Roses, but it came across a bit too bitter on my skin - gave my decant to my girlfriend and it smells better on her. Rive Gauche I like best of the three, and I find that it does smell pleasantly like a barbershop, but I don't love it - I only wear it occasionally. I don't care much for the topnotes, though the frag improves on me over time. On the other hand, I really took to Egoiste and L'Anarchiste, which were mentioned only among scores of other suggestions. I don't think Javari was mentioned at all, though it's become a favorite. Not that I don't value the suggestions as starting points - I don't know what I would have done without them. But predicting which fragrances we will like based on a stylistic description or even the notes themselves seems really hard.

Quote Originally Posted by AromaX View Post
    There could be several reasons RGPH doesn't work for you.

May be the whole fougère group is just not your type. Do you have the similar effect from Azzaro and Drakkar Noir? Gray Flanel?
    Your nose may not like some accords of RGPH or some of accords doesn't work on your skin. Well - nothing to do about it.
    The other reasons could be - your knows has "picked up" an unpleasant note and can't smell through. Or the circumstances were not good - some fragrances smells really different under different weather etc. Have you tried it several times under the different circumstances?

My personal experience. Well - I do like Rive Gauche pour homme. But if I read Luca Turin I see he calls it a descendant of Drakkar Noir. Well - the last one is a disaster for me. In Drakkar Noir I smell a kind of wet dusty packing paper note that is so unpleasant and disturbing, that I can't smell through it.May be you have something similar.

I very much enjoy Fougres, Chypres, and their hybrids. Lavender is one of my favorite notes. For years I have worn Bois du Portugal almost exclusively (weekends I stray). I found New York very pleasant, but a tad femenine on my skin; this would be hypnotizing on a woman.

The first couple minutes of RGPH are alright, but after that it just turns so synthetic and chemical that it gives me a headache. The only other frag that I have that gives me this kind of headache is Guerlain Vetiver; though I find this one much more natural smelling.

RGPH makes me want to fall in love with myself. Easily in my top 5 and will never, ever leave my wardrobe. That said, I can see why some don't like it as it evokes a certain style & charisma that may be too much.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Rive Gauche pour homme doesn't work for me, either. I like "barbershop", but there are more smells to the barbershop experience than just shaving cream. It is exactly the shaving cream element of Rive Gauche pour homme that I don't care for, and I can't escape it for about 2 hours after application. The drydown is better than the opening, but still not spectacular on my skin.

A barbershop scent that works better on my skin would be Versace l'homme.
    Snarky is as snarky does.

To me Rive Gauche is one of the most masculine scent releases in at least 10 years.
    Definitely alpha-male stuff. I feel 2 inches taller just wearing this great scent.

Always get good comments too.

Quote Originally Posted by samplermike View Post
    Omg it does!!! All those damn Halloween decorations and shit like that. Now I know what that weird smell is that makes me dislike this fragrance (I was briefly traumatized as a child by Halloween decorations at KMart).

Rive Gauche is in my top 10 list!!! One of the best fragrance (for me)! Already a classic.
    Last edited by P-Natra; 31st July 2008 at 09:20 AM.

Didn't like it first, now can't live without it.

I like this one, but it's sometimes very cloying on my skin.

It's kind of got a smoky powderiness that's a smidge overpowering at times.
    Last edited by snifferdog; 31st July 2008 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snifferdog View Post
    I like this one, but it's sometimes very cloying on my skin.

It's kind of got a smoky powderiness that's a smidge overpowering at times.
    I just tried my new bottle today and you nailed it. The powdery and all is really headache inducing and cloying on me. I'm not sure if I want to smell this old.
    --Ben Hogan

I bought it blind and loved it, YSL cannot do wrong as far as I'm concerned, (except Kouros!)

Quote Originally Posted by afraafra View Post
    I bought it blind and loved it, YSL cannot do wrong as far as I'm concerned, (except Kouros!)
    You didn't think this had a Kouros vibe to it?It has that same powdery type smell. I don't dislike this at all. I just tried it today and I can see how people might like it, just not me for something I want to own.
    --Ben Hogan

Quote Originally Posted by afraafra View Post
    Funny because I feel that Kouros is the only YSL that even matters in this world.

I just tried my new bottle today and you nailed it. The powdery and all is really headache inducing and cloying on me. I'm not sure if I want to smell this old.
    Have patience. The trick with Rive Gauche Pour Homme is to spray once, maybe twice to the skin of your chest--no more, then put on your shirt and forget about it. It will take it from there. This stuff does have strong sillage-- it's not really made for all this "spritz twice behind each ear" nonsense that some people do.

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    Have patience. The trick with Rive Gauche Pour Homme is to spray once, maybe twice to the skin of your chest--no more, then put on your shirt and forget about it. It will take it from there. This stuff does have strong sillage-- it's not really made for all this "spritz twice behind each ear" nonsense that some people do.
    I don't think I want the time. I sprayed once to one arm and thought it is fine it isn't something I find I'd want to wear all day. Give me 15-20 years maybe. I didn't like Geurlain Vetiver either so maybe these aren't the scents for me. I enjoy barbershop/fresh but I think this isn'r what I want to smell like as a person.
    --Ben Hogan

I don't think I want the time. I sprayed once to one arm and thought it is fine it isn't something I find I'd want to wear all day. Give me 15-20 years maybe. I didn't like Geurlain Vetiver either so maybe these aren't the scents for me. I enjoy barbershop/fresh but I think this isn'r what I want to smell like as a person.
    I agree with Indie on this frag. You gotta live with it, and not on the arm. This baby needs to be sprayed under your shirt and once, max twice. I sold it down the river at first too, but came back a year later. The one thing I am learning from basenotes is that I have to be more patient. Most anything you sniff at Macys is going to be pleasant to most everyone at the top; that's how these frags sell. Some scents are more interesting and their beauty lies in their mid and base notes and mixed with your chemistry. A FULL WEARING is only fair to any frag you are going to give consideration to IMO. Good Luck!
    Last edited by Jock_With_Scents; 4th August 2008 at 06:12 PM.

I enjoy barbershop/fresh but I think this isn'r what I want to smell like as a person.
    ToughCool, you really should try Creed Baie de Genievre. It may be the barbershop scent you are looking for. Think "gin and tonic" because that is the association many get from it.

I agree with Indie on this frag. You gotta live with it, and not on the arm. This baby needs to be sprayed under your shirt and once, max twice. I sold it down the river at first too, but came back a year later. The one thing I am learning from basenotes is that I have to be more patient. Most anything you sniff at Macys is going to be pleasant to most everyone at the top; that's how these frags sell. Some scents are more interesting and their beauty lies in their mid and base notes and mixed with your chemistry. A FULL WEARING is only fair to any frag you are going to give consideration to IMO. Good Luck!
    You are dead on with top note allure. I should be more patient but at the same time I also think I'm a person on a mission that is looking for that something that hits me and stays with me. I'd never tried Platinum Egoiste until a member threw it in on a trade and now I'm hooked with how it makes me feel, etc. This one just got me wrong although I would probably wouldn't give it a bad mark. A woman at work today told me she thought it was too "Brut" or 70s for me. We will see.
    Last edited by ToughCool; 5th August 2008 at 01:07 PM.
    --Ben Hogan

I got myself a near full bottle of this but its just to damn hard to like ....
    I'll be patient as its certainly not love at first sniff .

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

I bought a bottle because I liked the top notes and sampled it in summer. In my opinion, this is one of those frags that needs a bit of sweat to bring it out. Come winter, it just turns flat on me. It was good for more serious occaisions but I prefer the 'barbershop' smell of Tom Ford for Men. I ended up trading it to Dimitri.
    As a summer evening frag its nice, but I'll admit I wouldn't wear it over most of my other 'summer' based scents.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576