Code of Conduct

Default Ice Men - Summer or Winter Scent

I've tested Ice Men on numerous occasions since it came out, and was never very impressed. To my nose it's plainly a summery scent, and that was when I tested it.

We're now in the middle of winter here, and today I happened on a store selling it at half price (Myers), I tested it yet again, but this time thought it was pretty good. And for the rest of the day I've just been enjoying the wafts that have been coming up from my hand. So I bought a big bottle of it.

This was the reverse experience of that which I had with Issey years ago, where I hated it in winter but thought it great in summer.

What do you think, is Ice Men a summery or a wintery scent?
    Renato

P.S. Also bought a big bottle of Chrome Legend at half price.
    Last edited by Renato; 31st July 2008 at 09:59 AM.

Default Re: Ice Men - Summer or Winter Scent

I like it in the summer because the "cooling" effect really works for me. For winter I have A*Men, which has a more "enveloping" quality.

Quote Originally Posted by DesGrieux View Post
    I like it in the summer because the "cooling" effect really works for me. For winter I have A*Men, which has a more "enveloping" quality.
    Thanks. I'll check out the cooling effect when summer comes.
    Renato

I noticed this in Myers today too, but I get too much "A*men Light" from it.
    Actually, it probably smells more like "Angel light"
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony87 View Post
    I noticed this in Myers today too, but I get too much "A*men Light" from it.
    Actually, it probably smells more like "Angel light"
    That's another reason why I get puzzled by this scent. On several occasions I've thought A*men Light too. But other times I haven't.
    Renato

I take back my earlier quote - I tried this again today and think I might spruce for a big bottle! Even though its completely the wrong season down under, I can imagine this being great in summer (even though 80% of my wardrobe are "summer" frags)

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony87 View Post
    I take back my earlier quote - I tried this again today and think I might spruce for a big bottle! Even though its completely the wrong season down under, I can imagine this being great in summer (even though 80% of my wardrobe are "summer" frags)
    For the original post above I had tested Ice Men on a 16 or 17C day, and I thought the weather was improving. But we're in the middle of 12 degree days now, and I have had to resort to wearing a thermal T-Shirt under my regular winter clothes

I just looked up Perth's forecast for the next week - maximums of between 20 and 22 C.

And you think that's wintery?

In Melbourne, I've gone to the beach on 22 days.

I think Ice men will work very well in your "wrong season".
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 11th August 2008 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    For the original post above I had tested Ice Men on a 16 or 17C day, and I thought the weather was improving. But we're in the middle of 12 degree days now, and I have had to resort to wearing a thermal T-Shirt under my regular winter clothes

I just looked up Perth's forecast for the next week - maximums of between 20 and 22 C.

Renato
    Haha true, but recently it has been around 15C maximums, and its still about 2-4C some mornings.
    Also most days I'm in a relatively climate controlled office or university classroom/computer laboratory :P

Does anyone get a connection between Ice Men and Channel allure sport? (the silver version) ?????

Instantly reminded me of the channel when i tested Ice Men...

Quote Originally Posted by emes View Post
    Does anyone get a connection between Ice Men and Channel allure sport? (the silver version) ?????

Instantly reminded me of the channel when i tested Ice Men...
    I just got IM two weeks ago and I personally don't see any connection, but that's just me.

I've never owned IM in the cold - it's over 100F here - but it works well for me in the heat.

Renato
    I know this is off topic but I had to comment....

That's funny... at 12 degrees up here we start breaking out our summer clothes. The thermals don't come out until it gets to about 20F (-7C). Yesterday the temperature topped out at 63F (17C) and people were out swimming in Lake Superior and enjoying the summer sun. And it wouldn't suprise me if some of them were wearing Ice Men.
    Last edited by surreality; 11th August 2008 at 07:14 PM.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Quote Originally Posted by surreality View Post
    I know this is off topic but I had to comment....

That's funny... at 12 degrees up here we start breaking out our summer clothes. The thermals don't come out until it gets to about 20F (-7C). Yesterday the temperature topped out at 63F (17C) and people were out swimming in Lake Superior and enjoying the summer sun. And it wouldn't suprise me if some of them were wearing Ice Men.
    Which all goes to show that when people say summery or wintery around here, they could mean something very different than what one is assuming.

Swimming in 17C - Brrrrrrrrrr!
    Renato

Which all goes to show that when people say summery or wintery around here, they could mean something very different than what one is assuming.
    Very true!
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant