Code of Conduct

Default Lorenzo Villoresi Incensi - Mini review

I was in a SAP training session earlier today and was wearing Lorenzo Villoresi Incensi, the first impressions of which led me into a soft powdery barely detectable sillage cloud. I got busy in the session and completely forgot about my SotD....

.....until I started getting mysterious whiffs of something Soapy .. very Sandalwoody with added Cinnamon. I was absolutely pleased and wowed by the baby powderish aroma it started spewing out once it warmed up enough on my body, the aroma was powdery and soapy.. akin to a popular Mysore Sandalwood soap we get in stores here. On my skin it's very light and airy, a PERFECT skin scent. I so wanted to press my nose to my clothed arms and inhale deeply but that could easily be misinterpreted by onlookers as if I'm looking for body odor!.

This is a really pleasant scent and it'll work for those who're looking for a change from the usual Incense fare. My nose can't detect the other notes listed for this frag, like Lemon, Apple etc. The interplay of Incense and other notes in Incensi is starkly divergent from scents like Parfumerie Generale Querelle and Coze, for example, both of which are rabidly dry, so dry that when I wear them I feel like they're sapping all juice outta me. With them I have to be rather careful in summer.

I probably won't buy it again, but I'm glad I did give it a chance... and I'm not complaining

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Default Re: Lorenzo Villoresi Incensi - Mini review

I like Villoresi a lot as well. Whenever I go back to some of his scents, I discover new aspects of the fragrance. Some are quiet and linear, but not all of them.

I'd love to spend a complete day with somebody like him.
    L'amour fait songer, vivre et croire. Il a, pour réchauffer le coeur, un rayon de plus que la gloire; et ce rayon, c'est le bonheur. (Victor HUGO)

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    I like Villoresi a lot as well. Whenever I go back to some of his scents, I discover new aspects of the fragrance. Some are quiet and linear, but not all of them.

I'd love to spend a complete day with somebody like him.
    Agreed.

The soapy Sandalwood accords aren't the only thing that wowed me in Incensi. It's ethereal like abilities what pleased me the most, like it's there but not there... so sheer classy and transparent like you could see right throught it.. totally understated approach...I could go on and on.

Very delicate, well balanced and elegant, yes. He is one of my favourite noses.
    L'amour fait songer, vivre et croire. Il a, pour réchauffer le coeur, un rayon de plus que la gloire; et ce rayon, c'est le bonheur. (Victor HUGO)

Basenotes Institution

Unfortunately I didn't like Incensi at all. The powdery aspects you mentioned combined with a sharp, angular 'chemical' spice top note really turned me off. This seemed like a no-brainer for me to like: incense and Villoresi! But, I think I prefer incense in a more dusty, smoky and/or softer version.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Unfortunately I didn't like Incensi at all. The powdery aspects you mentioned combined with a sharp, angular 'chemical' spice top note really turned me off. This seemed like a no-brainer for me to like: incense and Villoresi! But, I think I prefer incense in a more dusty, smoky and/or softer version.
    You're right in the sense that Incensi ins't for everyone, I was really drawn to the soft powdery aspect of the Incense. The sharp chemical spice notes you mention probably are the Cinnamon, Ginger etc and they're pretty subdued but they don't smell chemical-ish to my nose.