Code of Conduct

Default Best shower gels

Which fragrance has the best shower gel in it's collection of ancillaries? I am more interested in a hair and body wash as I am shaving my head and I really don't wanna use a separate shampoo. Thx
    Last edited by whitechandoo; 31st July 2008 at 01:39 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Best shower gels

Hermes has the best IMO.

You have to realize that creating a shower gel that smells like the fragrance itself is not an easy job. A perfumer actually has to sometimes create a totally different fragrance profile to 'work' with the shower gel ingredients (as opposed to the fragrance ingredients). Hermes is one of the houses that has the $ and resources to spend in testing and creating ancillary products that smell strikingly similar (if not better) than the fragrances themselves.

I highly recommend Eau des Merveilles, Kelly Caleche and Eau d'Orange Verte shower gels. You can also find many of these heavily discounted online. I bought mine at Imagination Perfumery.

L'Instant De Guerlain PH shower gel smells exactly like the EDT.

The shower gels of Green Irish Tweed (Creed) and Opus 1870 (Penhaligon's) are the only "niche" ones I own. They enhance fantastically the beauty of the fragrances they belong to. So does A*Men (Thierry Mugler), Black, Pour Homme and Aqva (Bvlgari), the tea-line from Bvlgari, Gaultier2 (Gaultier), Rive Gauche pour Homme (Yves Saint Laurent) etc. etc. Many good ones out there. You'd better asked for the worst, I guess!
    Last edited by DesGrieux; 31st July 2008 at 02:13 PM.

While not the best scent ever (though I happen to like it), Allure Homme range smells fairly close to each other. The all-over body wash really works wonders.

Eau Sauvage bath products I heard were good.

Heres a pic of my fave shower gel...

Its by no means my favourite scent, but in terms of a great lather, lasting scent, and squeaky clean finish, Im yet to find a better alternative.

I second the recommendation of Chanel body washes - I have the AHS and it smells exactly like the topnotes of AHS EdT (the 'creamy citrus/neroli' notes).

Gucci is also dead-on (I have Envy and PHII)

L'Occitane makes great everything, including shower products.

Seconding the recommendation of the Hermes shower gels.

Personally, I love the M7 shower gel almost better than the edt. The steam of the shower seems to add an extra dimension to the scent.

Molton Brown. Although they are not a fragrance house, they are fantastic; especially the black pepper.

As far as fragrance houses, Acqua di Parma Colonia has a wonderful matching body wash.
    Last edited by The Duke; 31st July 2008 at 05:39 PM.

I like oceanic scented shower gels, my favorites are:
    Hermes - Eau des Merveilles
    Creed - Erolfa
    Santa Maria Novella - Agnoschiuma Alghe Marine

Creed Original Vetiver, Green Irish Tweed and Silvr Mountain Water are AWSEOME!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jardanel View Post

Personally, I love the M7 shower gel almost better than the edt. The steam of the shower seems to add an extra dimension to the scent.
    When I read the thread title, M7 immediately came to mind.
    Some other really good ones I've tried:
    A*Men
    Eau de Campagne
    Insense
    Sung Homme

I have abouit fifty gels, hard to pick a "best" overall but if you're looking for absolute squeaky clean-ness I'd suggest Mugler's Cologne. One application and you're done, takes off whatever you've got on you and is about as bright and cheerful as a body product can be. For sheer unabashed olfactory pleasure I turn the hot water up as high as I can stand it and crack open Hanae Mori - just like taking a shower in chocolate, dark chocolate and the steam is edible. Or at least it smells that way.

Dependent

Kenzo Par is having this great deal. a 100ml edt with a bottle of shower gel going pretty cheap. the frag alone is not bad and if the shower gel smells as good, i think its worth the buy. strawberrynet has those packages. saw them at the Sasa store and they were just about 10 bucks tops more than the usual 100ml edt.

Quote Originally Posted by bbBD View Post
    ..Occitane makes great everything, including shower products.
    I second that.

I'm not really a shower gel kind of guy; I just can't see spending $20-40 for something that I can do just as well for a buck. Sure, gels smell really nice, but that's why I buy fragrances. But that's just stingy ole me.
    That said, I did spring for l'Occitane Eau des Baux and Cade gels because they were on sale. Both are good, although I'd choose EdB if it came down to one. Cade is EXTREMELY woody, as in the smell of a carpentry shop at the end of a long day ripping pine boards. It's raw, unadulterated sawn pine.
    Last edited by Snafoo; 1st August 2008 at 01:25 AM.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

Antidote by Viktor & Rolf is one of my favorites along with Attitude by Armani....I must also mention Polo Black, Explorer and Polo Blue..... My Polo Blue is the 2 in 1 shampoo with conditioner (Fantastic)..... I also have Green Irish Tweed which is fantastic....Cologne by TM is also very nice along with Angel for Men.
    Gary

I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I’ll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by noirwest View Post
    I have abouit fifty gels, hard to pick a "best" overall but if you're looking for absolute squeaky clean-ness I'd suggest Mugler's Cologne. One application and you're done, takes off whatever you've got on you and is about as bright and cheerful as a body product can be. For sheer unabashed olfactory pleasure I turn the hot water up as high as I can stand it and crack open Hanae Mori - just like taking a shower in chocolate, dark chocolate and the steam is edible. Or at least it smells that way.
    wow thats alot of gel, i typically use Simple's unscented body soap, i like the sqeeky clean feel without any residual silky feel...

Quote Originally Posted by samplermike View Post
    I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy Iíll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.
    Wow, that sounds like a scene from the movie American Psycho. Just kidding.

I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy Iíll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.
    LOl Exactly....actually more like the book ...

I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I’ll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

The American Psycho.

Last edited by LuciusVorenus; 1st August 2008 at 08:02 AM.

I think the prada amber ph shower gel smells absolutely fantastic, it's a very comforting smell to me.

KORRES!

I bought 3/4 of the whole line blind after buying a sampler set which included Cedar and Basil Lemon.
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Smile Re: Best shower gels

I loved Molton Browns Black Pepper, The Rive Gauche shower gel is intense but I just couldn't get into the scent itself.

Rick
    For sale post

http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=190169

" I wanna have my kicks before the whole s--t house goes up in flames"

Quote from Jim Morrison
    The Doors

Most of them are YSL products - M7, Rive Gauche, L`Homme...Another one great shower gel is Mugler Cologne.
    My current Fall-Winter rotation: Baldessarini EdC - Canali Men - Dior Homme Sport - Gucci PH I - Guerlain Homme - Issey Miyake L`Eau D`Issey PH Intense - Lalique Encre Noir - Loewe Solo - Terre d`Hermes - YSL Rive Gauche PH

Blog Entries

I also really enjoy TM Cologne shower gel. I think my favorite, though, is Gaultier2. It lathers up very nicely & a little goes a long way. And it smells FANTASTIC.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Guerlain Vetiver Shower Gel. Slightly sweeter and less soapy than the EDT. It's gorgeous.