Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Basenotes Institution

Default Today I Bought - August '08 Edition

Me and another Basenoter did a bottle split of the incredible 'death by jasmine' also known as A La Nuit by Serge Lutens

What a lovely way to die, I say.

Default Re: Today I Bought - August '08 Edition

Bought a bottle of Nasomatto Absinth yesterday and got a bottle of Erolfa and MR the day before that.

I couldn't resist beautyhabits 20% off. I bought 2 Comme de garcon incense series Kyoto & Avigion at like 2 seconds before the code expired. Thanks go out to MikePerez for telling me where i cooluld sniff them locally. I told myself no more blind buys and so far so good. I also picked up Hermes eau de orange verte for really cheap on eBay (per a basenoters recommendation)

I also bought a replacement bottle of Tom Ford for men & a backup bottle of Tom Ford Extreme.

My sisters birthday was this week so I got her Black Orchid. She is used to more mainstream scents so I really hope she likes it. I am trying to steer her in the right direction.

all in all I bought more bottles than I had bargain for. But that is no surprise. LOL

CDG 2 Man
    SMN Nostalgia
    MPG Santal Noble
    Bond No. 9 New Haarlem

Quote Originally Posted by Futami View Post
    I couldn't resist beautyhabits 20% off.
    I got in right under the wire also. Wound up purchasing Lutens Douce Amere and Ginestet Le Boise.

Sur la Plage

A bunch of designer sampler packs from the Perfumed Court:

Chanel Les Exclusifs
    Ormonde Jayne
    Mazzolari
    M. Micallef
    Lorenzo Villoresi
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Ordered today (a big bottle of Red Vetyver by Pierre Montale)

Last period i like to wear <barbershop> type scents so:

D.R Harris Arlington
    Ogalala Bay Rum Special Reserve
    Truefitt & Hill Grafton
    Floris No89(from swap)
    The most colognes from Saint Charles shave(i discovered at B&B)
    Floid(Italian)
    C&S Jockey Club
    Brooks Brothers 1818
    Last edited by giannis; 2nd August 2008 at 01:54 PM.

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    wow Dimi! care to share your thoughts on it?
    Last edited by jenson; 2nd August 2008 at 08:33 PM.

I sure will Jenson .... I'll use up the remainder of the sample vial and wear it as my SotD sometime thru the week and open a who's still lovin the original thread

SALES

Stopped by a little beauty boutique by work and saw they had a little stash of DK Fuel ... so I picked up 4 bottles of the stuff ... absolutely fantastic! And what a deal!
    Oh please, if everyone around here is going to start telling the truth, I'm going to bed. - The House of Yes

Loewe pour homme;its marvelous!If you can find this stuff try it;clean,fresh,green;very exotic!
    Freedom in a bottle.

I sure will Jenson .... I'll use up the remainder of the sample vial and wear it as my SotD sometime thru the week and open a who's still lovin the original thread
    thnx Dimi!!

btw, here my list of Blind buys..

MPG - Santal Noble (vintage formulation)(thnx Barry aka Jock with scents)
    Montale - Aoud Rose petals (thnx to then marcher)
    A*men and B* Men (toxic twins from the dude of BN, Robbie aka Jrd) Robbie knows why im smiling a lil too much
    16 samples of montale from Vijay.
    15 other samples that brother Jrd (reason for smile) and Acjigga included
    Last edited by jenson; 2nd August 2008 at 08:29 PM.

Blog Entries

Well, I was out antiquing today. And in a little cabinet is a little pink silk bag with the word "Audace" stitched on it, and Rochas stitched on the bottom.

The bottle inside is very nice (glass and gold) and is stamped on the bottom "Made in France", with a New York importer, and is also stamped "This is your gift" in red. Which fits, as my understanding of Audace is that it was never sold retail - only given at fashion shows. I don't know if that applies to its 1972 re-introduction or not. The bottle is mostly full and it has not turned. The atomizer on this is wonderful - while plastic, it delivers a true mist of scent with just a touch of the finger. It smells very nice (I can detect some commonality in construction between this and my bottle of Monsieur Concentree) with a green violet start and the bottle says its a "Parfums de Toilette". To my nose, this is a woman's scent but something I'd probably wear around the house. After a light wearing, I'd say this would be like a woman's version of Grey Flannel.

Audace created in 1936 and was one of Rochas's first perfumes made. Audace was not sold publicly but instead it was sold at the fashion shows. This Deep green forest Chypre has notes of violet leaves, orris and jasmin . May rose, jonquil carnation, Oak moss, pine needles, Juniper, Galbanum, Patchouly and amber.
    So, Audace is my latest purchase. It was a completely blind buy (other than removing the cap to take a sniff) and based only on my love of Monsieur. And, since TPC is selling this at $18/ml, I can see a possible future in collecting juices.
    Last edited by Hoos; 3rd August 2008 at 02:32 AM.
    Brent

Catherine Deneuve: "You should put scent where you like to be kissed."

I bought Baldessarini Ambre and Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree today.

Morning Star

I picked up Parfum d'Empire Fougère Bengale Saturday afternoon at Lucky Scent.
    Last edited by Astaroth; 11th August 2008 at 06:50 PM.

Eau Cendree by Jacomo
    Joy parfum by Jean Patou
    Vacarme parfum by M. de Rauch

and great refill of MDCI Invasion Barbares
    Vetiver The Great!!!

I picked up my first Guerlain yesterday. L'instant edt. Loved it at 1st sniff. I also picked up a bottle of Hanae Mori HM edp.

Just bought a bottle of Straight to Heaven today... Safe to say that I am now officially broke.

Basenotes Institution

Azuree Soleil Eau Fraiche by Estee Lauder / Tom Ford (since Bronze Goddess is extremely hard to find, I went back to the old school ASEF which is just as good)

I also got a full bottle of the discontinued Grass by The Gap (for my husband - he loves it) and a neat little bottle of Shalimar Body Lotion.

Thanks Joe!
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 5th August 2008 at 04:42 AM.

I just ordered a 5ml decant of SL's Serge Noire from TPC.

Le Labo Rose 31

Montale Aoud Queen Roses

Hermes Eau de Mervielles
    - A spritz of Caron may be quite continental, but (a flacon of) Guerlain is a perfumisto's best friend...

TDC Bois d'IRis
    TDC Osmanthus
    TDC Rose Poivree
    Vintage Chanel Gardenia eau de cologne

Talking Re: Today I Bought - August '08 Edition

Today I bought Terre d'Hermes.... and thats that..... and I still don't know how to put the pic in the post rather then have a link to the pic, anyone wanting to explain that to me?? would be nice... thanks and please are already being said....

a BIG Thanks to Astaroth...
    Last edited by deadhacker; 12th August 2008 at 05:52 AM.
    Any Knowledge Is Good Knowledge For Me.......

Opium Pour Homme

Bvlgari Eau Parfumee Au The Rouge by Bvlgari

Found a good deal on them so snagged both. Now I just need to get samples of them, so I know whether to sell them or open 'em up.

Today i bought. Guerlain L'Instant Homme EDP. I think this is now in my top 5.
    Last edited by jeffpoos; 8th August 2008 at 01:36 AM.

Basenotes Institution

Gris Clair by Serge Lutens

This one kind of snuck up on me...for a while I was obsessing about it. Glad to finally own a bottle of it. Thanks Michael!

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

A bottle of MPG Iris Bleu Gris came today.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Morning Star

Quote Originally Posted by deadhacker View Post
    Today I bought Terre d'Hermes.... and thats that..... and I still don't know how to put the pic in the post rather then have a link to the pic, anyone wanting to explain that to me?? would be nice... thanks and please are already being said....
    Upload your image to a free photo hosting site. For example, I use http://www.photobucket.com. After uploading it into an album, you will see an entry like the following in your album:

If you then click on the last line of the entry (where you see the word "Copied" in a yellow box in the image above), the correct text to place in your posting will have been copied into your Clipboard. You can then just paste the text directly into your posting and get the following desired result:

The instructions above are specific to using Photobucket.com. Alternatively, if you are hosting your images elsewhere, you can insert an image into your posting using the "Insert Image" toolbar item shown here below, encased in a blue box with its tooltip showing nearby:

Upon clicking it, you will be prompted to paste the URL of your image into a dialog box. Then, after clicking "OK", it will be automatically inserted into the edit window of your posting with the correct format. Good luck!

There must be a better place to put this instructional post. Anyone have any ideas where to put it? When a better place is found for it, I'll edit this posting to replace it with a simple link to the new Basenotes thread where it lives. I'll also keep the image links active until another place is found for them as well. Or maybe I'll just leave the images there. Photobucket is free anyway.

a big bottle of 4711. 200ml for $14.99. it was a blind buy for me.

Dependent

thats a nice one, care to share where you got the bomb?

bought DKNY BD men today, love the bottle

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
    Upload your image to a free photo hosting site. For example, I use http://www.photobucket.com. After uploading it into an album, you will see an entry like the following in your album:

If you then click on the last line of the entry (where you see the word "Copied" in a yellow box in the image above), the correct text to place in your posting will have been copied into your Clipboard. You can then just paste the text directly into your posting and get the following desired result:

The instructions above are specific to using Photobucket.com. Alternatively, if you are hosting your images elsewhere, you can insert an image into your posting using the "Insert Image" toolbar item shown here below, encased in a blue box with its tooltip showing nearby:

Upon clicking it, you will be prompted to paste the URL of your image into a dialog box. Then, after clicking "OK", it will be automatically inserted into the edit window of your posting with the correct format. Good luck!

There must be a better place to put this instructional post. Anyone have any ideas where to put it? When a better place is found for it, I'll edit this posting to replace it with a simple link to the new Basenotes thread where it lives. I'll also keep the image links active until another place is found for them as well. Or maybe I'll just leave the images there. Photobucket is free anyway.
    Iti'll be great to have this on the "just starting out " section. maybe title it :"Posting FAQs" and newbies like myself and others can contribute some decent tips

Quote Originally Posted by Futami View Post
    a big bottle of 4711. 200ml for $14.99. it was a blind buy for me.
    well i'd be blind to overlook a 200ml bottle whatever the scent is like, as long as its wearable, now im itching to find out how it smells.... the only thing cheaper than that is blue jeans

I bought Madini Oils:

Azahar 3ml
    Fleur de Nuit 3ml
    Chipre 3ml
    Sahara 3ml

Today I bought a bottle of Olivier Durbano's Amethyste from a fellow Basenoter! Can't wait for it to arrive!

Also waiting for samples of:

Tom Ford: Noir de Noir
    Demeter: New Zealand
    Serge Lutens: Santal de Mysore
    CB I Hate Perfumes: Winter 1972
    Parfum d'Empire: Fougere Bengale

Quote Originally Posted by Astaroth View Post
    I picked up Parfum d'Empire Fougère Bengale Saturday afternoon at Lucky Scent.
    Astaroth, what do you think of this?
    I sniffed a few of the Parfum d'Empire scents in London, and as I just mentioned above, a sample of this is on its way to me.

bought a bottle of Prada Infusion d'Homme at my local Neiman Marcus.

I finally bought a bottle of HABIT ROUGE, EDC.
    Heard melodies are sweet, but those unheard are sweeter. (Keats)

I ordered a ton of stuff last week and it's trickling in - in the last two days I've received

Helmut Lang EdC 50ml - love it, I've had samples for a while.

Dior Addict EdP 50ml (I know it's feminine, but I love the bourbon vanilla, and on my skin it stays very vanilla-ey and isn't particularly feminine. I've been grappling for weeks whether to buy this, even though I love it)

Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille (sample) - WOW!

Serge Lutens 5 O'Clock en Gingerbre (sample) - DOUBLE WOW!

CdG Hinoki (sample) - different, but WOW

Dyptique Eau l'Neroli (sample) - pleasant

Parfums 01630 Lentisque (sample) - not for me, but has a nice amber drydown.

I have many more samples en route, including Guerlain Spirtuesse Double Vanille and seven different Chanel Exclusifs. I'm going to Houston tomorrow for fragrance shopping and will be stopping at Chanel, Armani, Neiman Marcus, Nordstroms, Sephora, and others if my money holds up!
    Last edited by bbBD; 9th August 2008 at 04:15 AM. Reason: more info

touch of love by fred hayman
    realm for women
    "While the king is at his table, my perfume fills the air with its fragrance." SoS 1:12

1. Gucci by Gucci pour homme
    2. Emporio Armani Diamonds pour homme

Basenotes Plus

Two days ago I bought Tom Ford for Men. I sprayed it on my hand when I was visiting the Rinascente in Milano during my holiday, and I liked it a lot so I returned to the Tom Ford counter to buy it 10 minutes later. I also got samples of D&G The One for Men (I like it!) and Narciso Rodriguez for Him (not really my cup of tea). I had an army of perfume sprayers after me repeatedly trying to spray me with D&G light blue ph, but that one didn't impress me...
    I love cologne.

I bought a 50 ml bottle of Prada Amber PH yesterday.

Smile Re: Today I Bought - August '08 Edition

This week I have bought..

Bond no 9 Bleeker St
    Bond no 9 Riverside Drive
    C&S no 88
    White Linen ES

Expensive week......

.................................................. ...................I'm gonna memorize your name.. and then i'm gonna throw my head away!!........:bounce:.............

Quote Originally Posted by moltening View Post
    Just bought a bottle of Straight to Heaven today... Safe to say that I am now officially broke.

OMG, I just knew this.

This month I bought Kiton Black to be shared with another member so I'll get 50ml. I will buy a few bottles tomorrow.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

The Different Company
    Un Parfum de Charmes et Feuilles
    (2006)
    Céline Ellena
    Marjoram, Peppermint, Sage, Serpolet (Wild Thyme), Jasmine Sambac, Grapefruit, Clementine, Patchouli.

A very nice blend of herbs and flowers together with the deep, woody note of patchouli. Some people say there's orange blossom in this, but the jasmine in combination with the herbs may be responsible for that impression... or they may just not be telling us everything, as perfumers often don't...
    Last edited by JaimeB; 11th August 2008 at 01:22 AM. Reason: typo corrected
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Sur la Plage

Christian Dior Jules

Top notes: artemisia, caraway, lavender and bergamot
    Middle notes: cyclamen, carnation, sandalwood, basil, jasmine, cedar and rose
    Base notes: leather, fir, tonka bean, musk, oakmoss and amber

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Sur la Plage

Alain Delon - Iquitos

Top Notes: Ginger, Mandarine, Cardamom
    Middle Notes: Rose, Cedar, Vetiver, Patchouli, Sandalwood
    Base Notes: Musk, Amber, Leather

Bought a very cheap bottle of Lanvin Arpège PH 50ml on saturday
    Petruccijc, thanks for posting the lovely ad of Jules, it's a lovely juice too! Wish it would be still widely available heh!

Basenotes Institution

A decant of Serge Noire by Serge Lutens

This one is really good guys...more comments and a full on review later on this week. Thumbs up!
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 11th August 2008 at 04:39 AM.

Juicy Couture - Dirty English
    Last edited by laroche; 11th August 2008 at 05:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Alain Delon - Iquitos

Top Notes: Ginger, Mandarine, Cardamom
    Middle Notes: Rose, Cedar, Vetiver, Patchouli, Sandalwood
    Base Notes: Musk, Amber, Leather

THATS ONE SEXY BOTTLE !! ..... AS SOON AS MY 1oz IS FINISHED IM GETTIN ME ONE OF THESE BEAUTIES

SALES

Basenotes Institution

A decant of Miroir des Vanities by Thierry Mugler

MY LATEST SCORE !!

SALES

Off-Scenter

Pascal Morabito Or Black. Bad me.

Givenchy Vetyver ("Mythical Fragances")

Blind!
    Last edited by ebear; 12th August 2008 at 05:59 PM. Reason: typo
    For swap/sale: NIB: Pure Malt, Floris Vetiver, Vintage Tiffany, Charriol Royal Leather, Dior Homme; Dior Homme Intense, Chanel PMC, M7 gel, Roma (women's), Spicebomb, Trussardi Uomo, Obsession, others...
    http://tiny.cc/rd8ptw
    (swaps)
    http://tinyurl.com/a7qoley
    (sales)

Finally received my bottle Red Vetyver by Montale. This is by far the best fragrance for 2008 (yet). It is a nice blended fragrance.I´m still waiting for some other surprises.
    If anyone like Terre d´Hermés should try Red Vetyver by Pierre Montale.
    Must try.

Quote Originally Posted by P-Natra View Post
    Finally received my bottle Red Vetyver by Montale. This is by far the best fragrance for 2008 (yet). It is a nice blended fragrance.I´m still waiting for some other surprises.
    If anyone like Terre d´Hermés should try Red Vetyver by Pierre Montale.
    Must try.
    I agree. Red Vetyver works for me in a big way. I am drawn to pepper, vetiver ,cedar, patchouli. Super longevity and good sillage. I wore it yesterday and received several compliments as usual from it. I guess I am hyping again.

@ Jock_With_Scents, the sales women in the parfum store ask me want I sprayed on and they sprayed it on for theirself. They said it is so amazing and nice. And don´t forget the grapfruit note...and I get also a turkish black tea note (after 15 minutes) and the mystic vetiver and cedar (in a good way) mixed with spicy notes. I´m not through with smelling this one (testing)...needs more wearing. And it goes more away from Terre d´Hermés...maybe they share some notes, but not truly. RV is smoother and more long lasting.

Because the Serge Noire decant i ordered from TPC last Monday is out of stock, i asked for a refund. So today i ordered a 5ml decant of Aqhawan from Ajmal.