Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs up New Gucci by Gucci pour homme

I just tried it at my local GUCCI boutique. This stuff is really nice! The notes of bergamot, cypress and tobacco leaves complement each other very well and give you this crisp, green sensation. One of my favorite realeses this year, it's going to my to-purchase list for sure.
    Last edited by breeze11; 2nd August 2008 at 10:02 AM.

Default Re: New Gucci by Gucci pour homme

I'm pumped about this one!!! Thank-you for the info!!!

http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/G...omme-3792.html

Psst.. hot link!

The edition for men, Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme was created by Frida Giannini, creative director of the house of Gucci, in cooperation with Givaudan and P & G. The perfume is characterized as a modern chypre woody and includes notes of bergamot, cypress and violet in the top, the heart containing tobacco leaves and jasmine and the base notes consisting of patchouli, amber and Elemi – incense which is not derived from wood. When combined with tobacco leaves, Elemi contributes to intensity and longevity of a fragrance.

See also: http://www.mimifroufrou.com/scenteds...omme_2008.html

I wonder why the top is designed with an iconic representation of a horse bit.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBoy View Post
    See also: http://www.mimifroufrou.com/scenteds...omme_2008.html

I wonder why the top is designed with an iconic representation of a horse bit.
    I was wondering this too? It has to be some link to the Gucci past for men???

The women's version hold the metal clasp that was part of the first Gucci handbags created by the company.

I am really looking forward to this one - anyone know when it will launch in the US and what store will have it exclusive?????

It looks like they're stealing a page from Hermes on the horse bit. Also, what's with the name? Why not call it Gucci PH III? Name makes no sense at all.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

very hot bottle
    *wishes i wasnt broke*

Oh damn, another dent in the finances on its way... ;-)

It does sound nice though.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by manicboy View Post
    It looks like they're stealing a page from Hermes on the horse bit. Also, what's with the name? Why not call it Gucci PH III? Name makes no sense at all.
    coz they probably already have plans on making a Gucci II by Gucci pour homme.

Quote Originally Posted by HDS1963 View Post
    Oh damn, another dent in the finances on its way... ;-)

It does sound nice though.
    tell me about it. imma sucker for nice bottles even if the scent is so so

Fantastic... I'm a sucker for Gucci scents and seeing how things are still quality after Tom Ford left (GPH II was pretty wicked) I'm pumped for this release. Is it available anywhere else other than Gucci stores?

Dependent

last i checked at my local mall, it wasnt out yet. Sasa usually gets scents within a week or 2 from its realease and the've got to be the most up to date cosmetics/frags chains in Singapore. Other than the extravagant malls like Takashimaya or Isean, Sasa stocks a great range of to date mainstream frags at a slightly better rate.... got 2 back up envys and recently got the ph2, and i havent been disappointed with any of their male range. Envy still remains my fave from them, and tho ph2 was a little sweet overdone, it was above the average fresh frags and the bottle design also played a part in my decision to get it.

Gucci by Gucci pour homme can be purchased on line at the Gucci website. Shipping is free and no local state tax either in the US.

If you don't like it you can always ship it back for a full refund.

Kind of better then purchasing it from a department store - heh?

What about their scent for babies - Gucci Gucci Goo and its sequel, Gucci Gucci Goo II?

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    Gucci by Gucci pour homme can be purchased on line at the Gucci website. Shipping is free and no local state tax either in the US.

There is free shipping but they are charging sales tax ... shipped to New Jersey anyway.

I was charged tax as well, to NY. And the sickness continues.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde65 View Post
    I was charged tax as well, to NY. And the sickness continues.....
    I didn't in Rhode Island... If I don't like it I'll ship it back!

I didn't in Rhode Island... If I don't like it I'll ship it back!
    Ship it to me!!!

Sorry! Don't give a heck about another wannabe designer frag.

I am really looking forward to this one - anyone know when it will launch in the US and what store will have it exclusive?????
    Should be launching in retail at Neiman Marcus next month, with a full rollout shortly thereafter.
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5) John Varvatos Vintage

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Sur la Plage

I sampled this in a Gucci boutique yesterday - they said they are selling it exclusively for 2 weeks before it launches in retail stores.

I was extremely disappointed and underwelmed. The top notes are nice, but it's seems just like another in the line of fresh scents that seem to be the norm of most designer fragrance releases. I think it has terrible longevity. Both me and my partner tried some on and a few hours later I couldn't smell much of anything from where I had sprayed the fragrance and said to him "Can you still smell any of the Gucci?". He said "No, I can't".
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Today I'm wearing the original Gucci PH and I'm a bit underwhelmed by the longevity and sillage. Seems that the new Gucci by Gucci PH is not an improvement.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

They're not stealing anything from Hermes, they're just taking a classic symbol of the house, the horse bit since Gucci, as Hermes too was born as a producer of leather goods and horse garnments by his founder Guccio Gucci. So nothing is stolen.

According to WWD: "...Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme's launch is slated for September, where in the U.S. the fragrance will be exclusive to Neiman Marcus. By mid-September distribution will extend to Saks Fifth Avenue, Nordstrom and Bloomingdale's. A rollout plan from mid-October will enlarge distribution to 1,000 U.S. department stores. Globally the fragrance will arrive at 18,000 doors..."

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    ...I think it has terrible longevity. Both me and my partner tried some on and a few hours later I couldn't smell much of anything from where I had sprayed the fragrance and said to him "Can you still smell any of the Gucci?". He said "No, I can't".
    It's srange. One(!) spritz on my wrist lasted for 9-10 hrs. I was able to detect it even after a shower. In fact, I was going to post a comment on how imressed I was with its longevity.

Do feel that this is a summer frag, or more for winter? Is it particularly sweet?
    "When he shook hands with me my nostrils were assailed by all the perfumes of Arabia."
    - W. Somerset Maugham

This sounds very interesting.....thanks for the info.
    Gary

When I saw that the bottle incorporated the horsebit, I immediately thought of the iconic Gucci bit loafer.

Every male should own a pair of Gucci bit loafers.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    Do feel that this is a summer frag, or more for winter? Is it particularly sweet?
    I would say, new Gucci is a versatile, year-round fragrance. There's some sweetness in it, but it's rather subdued.

Quote Originally Posted by breeze11 View Post
    I would say, new Gucci is a versatile, year-round fragrance. There's some sweetness in it, but it's rather subdued.

Just got my bottle in the mail today and I have to say this quote hits it right on the head. Definitely subdued with a slight sweetness. More casual/daytime than night time. I could see wearing this to work any time of the year. Will give it a full day's wearing tomorrow but, for now, I'm really liking it.

Doesn't it have a slight similarity to Ralph Lauren Romance Silver? I quite like Romance Silver but I don't think I need another one similar. The bottle is topnotch, though. Very classy.
    Last edited by lsp_NY; 7th August 2008 at 02:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321 View Post
    Just got my bottle in the mail today and I have to say this quote hits it right on the head. Definitely subdued with a slight sweetness. More casual/daytime than night time. I could see wearing this to work any time of the year. Will give it a full day's wearing tomorrow but, for now, I'm really liking it.
    You lucky bastard!

I got mine at the Gucci store yesterday and I haven't worn anything else since I bought it. Only issue I have is I can't get it to last for long enough; I sprayed on about 5 sprays today and it was gone in about 1.5 hours. It smells great though and it's weakness hasn't been enough of a negative factor for me to return it.

Also, the top notes are really awesome, but you can only smell them for about 5 mins.. this is a bit of a bummer. Overall, however, I'm quite pleased with it.

Quote Originally Posted by lsp_NY View Post
    Doesn't it have a slight similarity to Ralph Lauren Romance Silver? I quite like Romance Silver but I don't think I need another one similar.
    That's what came to my mind when I first tried new Gucci. So, I went to the nearest Macys and did a side-by-side comparison with Romance Silver. There is certain similarity between these two scents and it's not surpizing since they share some common notes (bergamot, cypress, violet and tobacco). But, I have to say that in my opinion Gucci by Gucci PH is a deeper, smokier, a bit sweeter and overall more complex fragrance. I'm pretty sure that if you like Romance Silver ( or Purple Label ), you will like new Gucci as well.

Quote Originally Posted by lsp_NY View Post
    The bottle is topnotch, though. Very classy.
    You are absolutely right. The bottle is stunning!

Sounds like a reasonably high quality, safe, pleasant fragrance. How boring.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by jordan4486 View Post
    I got mine at the Gucci store yesterday and I haven't worn anything else since I bought it. Only issue I have is I can't get it to last for long enough; I sprayed on about 5 sprays today and it was gone in about 1.5 hours. It smells great though and it's weakness hasn't been enough of a negative factor for me to return it.

Also, the top notes are really awesome, but you can only smell them for about 5 mins.. this is a bit of a bummer. Overall, however, I'm quite pleased with it.
    I agree - great top notes, then everything is gone in a flash. This is why I personally would not purchase it.

I have a feeling that a Gucci Intense by Gucci pour Homme may be on the way (like Euphoria Intense).
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I agree - great top notes, then everything is gone in a flash. This is why I personally would not purchase it.
    The women's version that was released last year has the same problems. It is a pleasant fragrance with zero sillage and minimal longevity.

I wish somebody would ship to Canada! Sh*t, no giggles!

I am new to the world of fragrances and I like Gucci Envy, Obsession, Versace the Dreamer, Pi and those types of scents and I don't really care for the clean, fresh scents like Acqua Di Gio and Polo Blue that much so do you guys think I would like the new Gucci?

I tried this at Bloomingdale's and bought it at the insistance of my girlfriend who said it smelled great on me. I'm not sure I would have bought it otherwise. It is certainly very wearable and definitely "masculine". It is green, not aquatic, and has only a touch of sweetness. It strikes me as another attempt to modernise and lighten up an eighties style--a trend which is far preferable to the airy blue aquatics of recent years.
    This is nice stuff, but longevity does seem to be an issue on me as well.
    The design of the cap is absolutely not a ripoff of Hermes or anyone else. It is definitely inspired by the classic Gucci loafer buckle. The loafer was, for many years and long before Tom Ford, their signature product. Cool bottle.

Okay you say that it is a green fragrance 80's style........what would be a classic 80's green fragrance that you would compare the Gucci to.

I'm sorry but whatever fresh notes you guys are typing about, they were there for the first 43 seconds dissapeared along with the rest of it within 5 minutes....in comparison it makes D&G the One look like it has the longevity of Nasomatto Duro
    Last edited by acceptfacts; 19th August 2008 at 04:39 PM.
    CDG 3 (The one you CAN'T find anywhere) for trade.
    Full 4 oz Bottle of Silver Mountain Water(95% full) for trade(purchased at Nordstrom not online). PM me for details.

My Blog: www.BLAMEURPARENTS.com

Quote Originally Posted by tbp82 View Post
    Okay you say that it is a green fragrance 80's style........what would be a classic 80's green fragrance that you would compare the Gucci to.
    Sorry for not being more specific. I guess I was thinking more about an attitude than a checklist of ingredients or a specific product. The ones that come to mind are Drakkar Noir, Polo, Quorum, Antaeus and so on. For some reason, this new Gucci reminds me of what I remember Gucci Nobile smelling like. Another current product that seems to be a lighter, paler version of these "classics" is the much maligned Polo Explorer.

I'm glad I read this. Because Purple Label, Romance Silver and Bleecker Street all seem to be in the same vein, and I do not personally care for this type of scent. Plus, the longevity would kill it for me.

This thread saved me some money! Now my scent of the month money can be spent on something else!

Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    Sorry for not being more specific. I guess I was thinking more about an attitude than a checklist of ingredients or a specific product. The ones that come to mind are Drakkar Noir, Polo, Quorum, Antaeus and so on. For some reason, this new Gucci reminds me of what I remember Gucci Nobile smelling like. Another current product that seems to be a lighter, paler version of these "classics" is the much maligned Polo Explorer.
    I checked up on Gucci Noblile and fragrance.net had Diesal Fuel for Life and Pierre Cardin as similiar scents to the new Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme if this is true then I would say this is a decent scent I like Fuel for Life but the zero longevity scares me though.

All the talk about GbGPH got me out of my air-conditioned office into the sweltering heat over to the Gucci store. I couldn't believe the day had come for the debut of this frag!

It starts off woody and floral...I can see why many love the opening. Then I get this sueded impression, still rich and sweet, the jasmine, violet and cypress really do well together. Then it quickly moves into a mostly 80s kind of vibe, but definitely modernized with a lighter hand at the patchouli, the leather is transparent and warm but not animalic and sweaty. The elemi keeps it bright and not too smoky at the base with a quiet amber.

It smells very pared down and simpler at the base and stays close to the skin, not too complex with a lot of sillage as the beginning, which is why many might think it doesn't last long, but I think most of the frag is about Elemi and Patchouli with a hint of leather, although I think its elaborate beginning should've carried itself along more further throughout the whole progression of the frag.

I get good longevity, I don't think it's meant to be too overt like a macho 80s scent, but my body heat kept waking the woody-green patchouli and elemi for at least 6 hours on me.

I think we're coming upon a good batch of new frags--the industry seems to be taking risks again by drawing upon old school elements and bringing it back in vogue. I even get the impression they're lurking on these Forums and Blogs! HA! IT'S ABOUT TIME!

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Quote Originally Posted by iMaverick View Post
    All the talk about GbGPH got me out of my air-conditioned office into the sweltering heat over to the Gucci store. I couldn't believe the day had come for the debut of this frag!

It starts off woody and floral...I can see why many love the opening. Then I get this sueded impression, still rich and sweet, the jasmine, violet and cypress really do well together. Then it quickly moves into a mostly 80s kind of vibe, but definitely modernized with a lighter hand at the patchouli, the leather is transparent and warm but not animalic and sweaty. The elemi keeps it bright and not too smoky at the base with a quiet amber.

It smells very pared down and simpler at the base and stays close to the skin, not too complex with a lot of sillage as the beginning, which is why many might think it doesn't last long, but I think most of the frag is about Elemi and Patchouli with a hint of leather, although I think its elaborate beginning should've carried itself along more further throughout the whole progression of the frag.

I get good longevity, I don't think it's meant to be too overt like a macho 80s scent, but my body heat kept waking the woody-green patchouli and elemi for at least 6 hours on me.

I think we're coming upon a good batch of new frags--the industry seems to be taking risks again by drawing upon old school elements and bringing it back in vogue. I even get the impression they're lurking on these Forums and Blogs! HA! IT'S ABOUT TIME!

Beautiful Review!!! It's too bad they couldn't reverse the pyramid on this one. The opening is quite beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Scooter View Post
    Sounds like a reasonably high quality, safe, pleasant fragrance.
    In my opinion this is a good summarizing of this scent.
    And adding, that almost no sillage at all, whilest longevity is average. Though I could smell a very faint drydown after several hours, it was so weak I wouldn't name it 'longevity'.

Gucci get it right once again. After my high expectations for Gucci PH II (which isnt all that bad) which were as a result of my love for Gucci PH and Envy, Gucci by Gucci definitely gets the house back on track.

Gucci has got to be considered one of the better designer houses with it's now impressive stable.

I sampled this in a Gucci boutique yesterday - they said they are selling it exclusively for 2 weeks before it launches in retail stores.

I was extremely disappointed and underwelmed. The top notes are nice, but it's seems just like another in the line of fresh scents that seem to be the norm of most designer fragrance releases. I think it has terrible longevity. Both me and my partner tried some on and a few hours later I couldn't smell much of anything from where I had sprayed the fragrance and said to him "Can you still smell any of the Gucci?". He said "No, I can't".
    I agree. It's very nice, but like so much that's already out there. I think that the new Guerlain is a much more interesting fresh scent for men than the new Gucci. I do like the Gucci though.

I care more for the bottle than the scent lol.

The bottle has the same heavy feel as Gucci Pour Homme I and II; and looks really good in person compared to the picture.

Tried this again today - They have a tester at Macy's on State St. in Chicago that I noticed and got a chance to spray before another clerk came along and said they wouldn't have it for a few weks and hid it on the bottom shelf.

I had tried it at Bloomingdale's a month ago. I agree with most - beautiful fragrance that lasts maybe 15 min. I second waiting for an intense vesion. The bottle is amazing.

im not with the gucci vibe, but this looks beautiful !!

Oh my god, you guys aren't kidding when you say it has poor longevity. I just experienced it. I got a scent-crave for it and I poured some tester on me, and it's gone within 20 minutes. All I can smell is the Dior Homme I sprayed on my wrist this morning!

It's too bad, I love the top notes. They evoke nostalgia to me for some reason. It's too bad that it all goes away, and so fast.

How is the latest Gucci in comparison to Gucci II? Gucci II was very nice if I remember correctly, really need to get a bottle.
    I'm a fresh scent junkie and proud of it!

Nope.. Did`nt impressed me at all.. Nothing special with this one..

I only like the song from the commercial.

Quote Originally Posted by whitechandoo View Post
    I only like the song from the commercial.

Agreed!! One of my favorites!

I tried the new Gucci today as well. Despite the very attractive bottle, I was not wowed by the juice. A little too lightweight and senseless for my liking.
    The SA who saw me sampling offered me a sample, which I declined. She was gob-smacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    I tried the new Gucci today as well. Despite the very attractive bottle, I was not wowed by the juice. A little too lightweight and senseless for my liking.
    The SA who saw me sampling offered me a sample, which I declined. She was gob-smacked.
    Haha, off topic but "gob" is a local pastry in Pittsburgh, PA (and I think in the Mid West US, too. I call them moon pies). I can imagine you doing a pie-in-the-face routine on the SA!

I put some on just now from a tester I have.

Its quite nice, but its fading already.

It reminds me a LOT of Lucky Number 6 tho. Which I already own... and is dirt cheap.