Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: females find MI and SMW too femme?

I like SMW > Himalaya > MI.

But bro - the fact that you are still seeking the scent that gets the most compliments contradicts what you said about wearing fragrances for your self. It is this external validation-seeking mindset that betrays a person's authenticity. The feeling you get when a friend or a girl compliments your cologne is the same as when a person who is addicted to buying new clothes/collectibles for that single moment of happiness makes a new purchase. They have tons of shit already but they are always looking for more because they still have this void that they want filled, and the trick is done when the purchase is made. But it is fleeting. And it keeps them coming back.

You have to like it for your own interest man.

Even if you get this new cologne. OV or whatever. Think back to a day when you got your first BAM compliment-getting cologne. You're walking through the mall and every girl is checking you out. Everybody knows this experience, whether it's with cologne, a new haircut, tight shirt, whatever. Some guys are like "I really notice that when I wear this cologne/shirt/etc, women respond well." Or like "I really can tell a difference when I hit that certain body fat percentage." Do you think that most people know the difference between 16% and 14% body fat? They don't - but you know it, so the subcommunications you present are different and they respond to that. "Yeah I just got this new cologne women are really gonna respond different to these dumb old ones." Self-fulfilling prophecy.

What happens with most people when they wear that cologne for a while and they feel good while people are responding to it? After a while they don't care about it anymore and they say - this cologne doesn't have its mojo anymore! So they purchase a new one.

Go out and put on Old Spice aftershave and see how many girls respond to it. Over time, if you are properly calibrated and authentic, it will be the same as ANY other cologne you could have worn.

You can't be seeking a compliment getting cologne when thinking about a purchase. It's dangerous.

If you must know, in my experience SMW gets me the most compliments of Himalaya, OV, and MI.
    Last edited by genvy5; 6th August 2008 at 06:39 AM.

Isn't it funny how "sex" drives us to seek certain fragrances? Sex being the home run, the score - the real underlying motivation that people have when wearing fragrances (first attraction and then leading to seduction). Now that I think about it, more than half of the people at basenotes wouldn't be here if it wasn't for them looking for a scent that "attracts" the opposite sex/same sex or at least garner compliments.

Quote Originally Posted by samplermike View Post
    Yes. Women love Himalaya even if you do not. It gets boring to wear but it does garner lots of compliments.
    I loved Himilaya when I tried it.

I tried MI yesterday and was prepared to run thinking it was too feminine but I loved it. It was beautiful and I didnd't find it too feminie at all. It has a sweeter side to it but it would seem that women would find it...delicious. I'll have to try on some with my wife...lol But it didn't last though.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Talking Re: females find MI and SMW too femme?

Quote Originally Posted by everso View Post
    Creed Aoud is a good one to try....check it out!
    LOL!!!!!!

.................................................. ...................I'm gonna memorize your name.. and then i'm gonna throw my head away!!........:bounce:.............

Quote Originally Posted by Mindbrain View Post
    Isn't it funny how "sex" drives us to seek certain fragrances? Sex being the home run, the score - the real underlying motivation that people have when wearing fragrances (first attraction and then leading to seduction). Now that I think about it, more than half of the people at basenotes wouldn't be here if it wasn't for them looking for a scent that "attracts" the opposite sex/same sex or at least garner compliments.
    That's true. Just look at all the perfume print ads and TV commercials - 99% of them are suggesting sex. There's nothing wrong with that actually, the problem is - the marketed images has got nothing to do with how the perfume smells like. Just think Unforgivable, you would've thought its a macho sex-up scent - it turns out to be a MI clone. Unbelievable.

A few years ago there's a rubber/latex trend going on in perfume - I always thought its intended as a subliminal association with the smell of condom. So people getting a whiff of that perfume may subconsciously be recalling the memories of sex and therefore make the purchase.