Code of Conduct

Default Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche - Anyone like it?

I haven't post here for a long time, there wasn't much good perfumes out there these days to sustain my interest so I have put this hobby aside for a while.

Besides Narciso Rodriguez (which is a great banana scent) I haven't smell anything good this year.

I went to the Chanel counter to try the Blanche edition of Allure Homme today - it wasn't what I expected. It is very muted, subtle and only contains a hint of resemblance to the original Allure. It is a "white" edition, and has a white pepper accord to it - just like Bulgari pour homme - very close to the skin, you can bearly smell it if you spray the sport version on one wrist and this on the other wrist and compare them.

Allure Sport is the original minus the oriental spicy notes but has the same drydown. This Blanche edition is totally different. Its actually fresher than the sport one - less sweet and has an effervescence fizzy effect. Its less romantic, more urban - longevity wise, it is the weakest (but better than the cologne version).

It doesn't have that sweet vanilla signature of Allure in the drydown - that's my only complaint.

I bought a bottle - thinking its more discreet and subtle than the sport and original Allure, then I have second thought - I went back to exchange for the Sport one but it is out of stock! The SA told me she will call me when they have new stocks coming in...

Does anyone like this Blanche edition?

Default Re: Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche - Anyone like it?

My first impression on spraying in the store was: generic, uninteresting, next please.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

I think considering the price if you have either Allure ph or Allure Sport, there is no point in buying this one, they all have similar notes with Blanche being more citrusy.

I like the Blanche edition - it's a nice, refreshing sharp citrus that becomes a little peppery and musky.

My only complaint is the longevity, which is a couple hours. I'm used to reapplying because I live in unbearable heat, so it's no big deal.

IMO, with Edition Blanche, Chanel has finally come up with a their first winner in what seems like ages. Polge fixed the dismal Allure franchise with this quality citrus oriental.
    Gone is the sinus singeing shrillness of all the previous Allure incarnations, replaced with Creed worthy, natural ingrediants; bergamot, tonka bean, ginger and vanilla. Sure, the formula isn't anything radical, but Edition Blanche is almost as good as Polge's Tiffany for Men, IMO.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 4th August 2008 at 08:37 PM.

For what it's worth I like it more than the original and sport version.

too much lemon for its on good!

I do, but I have made peace with the need to spray liberally.

I want to meet Jacques Polge and buy him a drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Circa1905 View Post
    I do, but I have made peace with the need to spray liberally.
    Yeah....I like it too but longevity isn't one of its strong points....Its not something outstanding or anything but its not bad....Besides being the 'Allure' follower that I am, I had to get it.

The other day I did spray it liberally......so much so that I thought I could taste the fragrance in my mouth every time I inhaled....A few hours later....No sign of it...

I don't like it. I've never liked any of the Allure Hommes, especially the original.

I thought Blanche was the best of the Allure Homme trio. It's a nice smell. Not so great that I'd buy it, but it certainly is pleasant.

PS. Anyone looking for some original Allure Homme...

♦Wishlist♦

Nasomatto - Silver Musk
    Prada - Prada Man/Amber Pour Homme
    Tom Ford - Oud Wood

A L'Artisan Cap (old or new style)

Clothing + Goodies for sale!

i do like it and yes it is very lemony...i get lemon and powder...but its a great date scent...went out the other nite and sprayed it on as i was walking out the door because it was the closest thing to my hand.....when i picked up the girl...she hugged me and said "wow, dont you smell good"...i was happy with that because i have not had a scent compliment in quite some time...i dont think its inventive on chanels part and do think they need to double the efforts on making a brand new frag for men...sans allure
    Current Top 5:

Tabac, Cardinal, Brookes Brothers, Musc Kublai Khan, Andron

I love blanche so much that I just bought my second bottle of it, and a second bottle of the original allure. Long live Allure!

Ok I changed my mind, I will keep this Blanche Edition. Probably will not wear it much though... in a few months it will be demoted to become my air-refresher.

Not a fan ... synthetic and sharp!
    Oh please, if everyone around here is going to start telling the truth, I'm going to bed. - The House of Yes

Could someone please tell us how long the Edition Blanche will be available? It is the first limited edition in Chanel's men's fragrances collection, isn't it? Are there any chances it might become a "regular" one? (Thanks!)

I just tried it today, a few hours ago to be more precise. It really reminds me of Must de Cartier, only that the lemon in it makes a slight difference. It stays close to the skin, and now, a few hours later, I can hardly smell it. I'm disappointed, and would remain with Allure Homme at any time.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

There aren't many white, blanche and so on versions I like... This is one of those(that I'm not fond of).

Well, yes and no... I mean I don't find it awful or dislike it at any rate, but yet I regret that I bought a bottle of this stuff. You know I simply have so many other scents (like Antaeus or Egoiste from the same brand) which I like far better. So in my case Allure Blanche is an okay scent, but definitely not bottle worthy...

Regards,
    -T-

I think it's about time Jaques Polge came out with a totally new one.
    The Alllure Blanche reminds me of Emporio Armani White